New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 299 of 1323 FirstFirst ... 199249289295296297298299300301302303309349399 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 13229
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by IPSG_Hottie
    Any other more helpful advice? I'm not really a techie when it comes to engines. Drive lang kse alam ko eh. What I was able to absorb is that this Innova problem is pertaining to all DIESEL variants only. Am i right? If so, that means I'm ok if we buy the GAS variant? :question:

Thanks!!!
    Do you really want Innova?I test drive my friends Innova G GAS variant m/t i drove it from Pulilan to Valenzuela NLEX nakakapanibago kasi diesel yong Innova ko and i observe that Diesel variant pla is more responsive than the gas variant
    (no offense to gas owner's)Diesel D4d of Innova is a trouble maker naman.
    Why dont you try Suzuki Grand Vitara or Wait for the Mitsu. Zinger

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Musta na mga pre!! Innova G Gas M/T is almost 3k na odo but no problem watsoever!! It's all thank to you guys na nagshare ng info regarding d4d engine problems dahil kung nagkataon e D4d rin ang nakuha namin.

O nga pla..regarding din dun sa responsiveness ng D4d compare to VVti e i think its natural kc sobrang lakas ng torque ng d4d compare to vvti and the d4d can attain its maximum torque faster at 1,400rpm ata which means full power na ang torque nung d4d while the vvti must reach 5800rpm to reach it's max torque which is still lesser compare to d4d's torque. Malakas talaga ang hatak pag d4d kahit pa puno to. Pls. correct me if im mistaken...theory lng pow toh. IMHO

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bongliza
    Lord, meyron bang naiba sa performance in terms of hatak/acceleration/etc after the repair? 12K km na ODO but so far I've not encountered any unusual choking/stalling. I'm just worry maybe someday I'll be the next victim. Demn, nagkamali yata ako ng nabiling sasakyan.
    Waka nman... same pa din...
    Gumanda pa nga ang hatak eh...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Mga dude, please refer to me a fully synthetic oil that is cheap. One of the tsikoteers here does sell Mobil 1 at 300 but currently he doest not have stock.

If I cannot find one, im thinking to purchase the synthetic blend delo sport from caltex at 320. Can this last for 10K before next oil change? Please advise.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Shell Helix Ultra he he he

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by busy road
    Bro, any indication that they will recall all D4D units? In my opinion, if the same case has not been encountered for a certain percentage of the total sales, I doubt no action from their side will be expected. However, any idea from you GUYS who have the idea how much the percentage of failure?
    I agree because as per the latest Innova sales report last October 2005, more than 10,145 units have been sold.(see tsikot cartalk section). Now,conservatively granting that 70% of all units sold are D4D innovas that would amount to 7,101 units of D4D innovas all over the country. If you add 60% of all the Fortuners,Hi-ace and Hi-lux pick-ups which also use D4D engines that would maybe total to about 11,400 D4D engines out there.
    Now, if we could just get 10% of the total which is 1,140 D4D's to stall or fail, maybe we can convince Toyota to issue a recall of the engines, but if obviously we can see that only a few not even 1% or 114 units are experiencing this problem then I think if would be difficult to force Toyota to issue a recall of the D4D's, they would just reason that these D4D's are just the factory defects(lemons) which is just within the normal percentage for any manufacturing company

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    Do you really want Innova?I test drive my friends Innova G GAS variant m/t i drove it from Pulilan to Valenzuela NLEX nakakapanibago kasi diesel yong Innova ko and i observe that Diesel variant pla is more responsive than the gas variant
    (no offense to gas owner's)Diesel D4d of Innova is a trouble maker naman.
    Why dont you try Suzuki Grand Vitara or Wait for the Mitsu. Zinger
    ung engine ba ng gas na innova un din ung engine nung REVO?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    guys, any idea how much is the hub cup and the mags for g variant.

yupi na kasi ang hub cup and was wondering how much will it cost to replace or change into mag wheels.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    INNOVA J owners,

My cousin is thinking to buy a J variant but is thinking twice because if the lack of rear wiper... he experienced driving my G model innova and found out that during heavy rains, especially at night, dirt will cover the rear window and the rear wiper is very helpful.

May I know what's the experience for you guys with the J models? How much is the rear wiper at cassa compared to other car shops?

Thanks

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by IPSG_Hottie
    Any other more helpful advice? I'm not really a techie when it comes to engines. Drive lang kse alam ko eh. What I was able to absorb is that this Innova problem is pertaining to all DIESEL variants only. Am i right? If so, that means I'm ok if we buy the GAS variant? :question:

Thanks!!!
    Get the gas variant if you're serious in buying Innova. My odo is now 18,000 kms. and no problem so far.