New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 189 of 1323 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239289 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 13229
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    guys newbie here. my wife and i finally earned enough to buy a new car. nag narrow down na ang choice to the innova. hirap nga lang kami makapag decide which one to get. with a loan arrangement, we can actually stretch the budget to an E variant; yun nga lang, di ako big diesel fan (pero open minded). yung J naman short sa features.

i read through some of the thread (50 out of the 180 pages) and i have a few questions:

1. there are J variant owners who add power features to their innova with non toyota products: eg. alarms, keyless entry, power windows and locks. is this really a good idea? very tempting kasi to go this route because ang laki ng savings assuming decent products yung nakukuha sa Araneta at Banawe.

2. is it possible to add payment to replace the smaller tires of the J for the mags of the E and G? tinanong ko kasi ito, di pa ako nabibigyan ng malinaw na sagot.

3. which toyota branch would you say gives the best deal? i've gone to two (Quezon Ave and Cubao) and i saw there was a difference in the insurance and chattel mortgage fees. bad idea ba na dumaan sa mga agent na nag-advertise sa buy and sell? ok rin kaya kumuha ng loan directly from a bank?

4. lastly, i'm a mostly city driver. takbong san juan - makati lang normally ang daily routine. baka tipong 500-800 kms lang ang mileage per month. of course we have the 2x a year vacation na tipong baguio or batangas. which would be more advisable for this purpose, the gas or the diesel?

Many thanks in advance sa mga magbibigay ng input. malaking tulong talaga itong thread na ito!

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger
    As to our shocks, I checked, but our shocks are unmarked. Toyota has always been known to use fluid type shocks so I don't think it's going to get any better than this. Our springs are rated for a max payload of 7 full size adults plus cargo, so if your typical daily payload doesn't reach this, then we still have a lot of unutilized dampening allowance to address - thus the bumpy ride.

I changed the springs on my dad's 10-seater CR-V (ordered original USDM springs which are a lot softer) and the ride got better but failed to change the fatter stabilizer bars to thinner ones which flex more with lighter payload. The original fat stab-bars hardly flexes with payload of 2 adults.

Give it a year, we'll probably start seeing softer springs for our Innovas.
    Yup! I must agree wd you, wd all your experience your the expert
    just dont forget to post if you already change your coil springs.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Hi I am an owner of J-variant Diesel. I am just wondering how to check the water/coolant level of the radiator??? coz there is no radiator cap, only a plastic container connected to the radiator? If i have to fill it up what is the level of water/coolant?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by leolop
    guys newbie here. my wife and i finally earned enough to buy a new car. nag narrow down na ang choice to the innova. hirap nga lang kami makapag decide which one to get. with a loan arrangement, we can actually stretch the budget to an E variant; yun nga lang, di ako big diesel fan (pero open minded). yung J naman short sa features.

i read through some of the thread (50 out of the 180 pages) and i have a few questions:

1. there are J variant owners who add power features to their innova with non toyota products: eg. alarms, keyless entry, power windows and locks. is this really a good idea? very tempting kasi to go this route because ang laki ng savings assuming decent products yung nakukuha sa Araneta at Banawe.

2. is it possible to add payment to replace the smaller tires of the J for the mags of the E and G? tinanong ko kasi ito, di pa ako nabibigyan ng malinaw na sagot.

3. which toyota branch would you say gives the best deal? i've gone to two (Quezon Ave and Cubao) and i saw there was a difference in the insurance and chattel mortgage fees. bad idea ba na dumaan sa mga agent na nag-advertise sa buy and sell? ok rin kaya kumuha ng loan directly from a bank?

4. lastly, i'm a mostly city driver. takbong san juan - makati lang normally ang daily routine. baka tipong 500-800 kms lang ang mileage per month. of course we have the 2x a year vacation na tipong baguio or batangas. which would be more advisable for this purpose, the gas or the diesel?

Many thanks in advance sa mga magbibigay ng input. malaking tulong talaga itong thread na ito!
    1. malaki talaga ma save mo sa J then pa all power mo sa labas
    2. bakit pa sa casa ka magpa relace ng tire and mags sa labas na lang dadagdag kana rin lang eh di get the bling bling mags and tires na... pero baka di maging accurate ang odo mo. yung sa J kasi di mags eh tinakpan lang...
    3. you can choose another insurance company basta kulitin mo ahente mo to give you more discount anlalaki ng mga kickback ng mga yan sa insurance minsan may freebies ang mga insurance like steering wheel lock ask the agent kung ano freebies ng insurance mo minsan di binibigay ng agent yung freebies sinasarili nila ako nabigyan ng steering wheel lock type-R kasi ka close ko agent dapat don sa isa nya customer yun binigay na lang nya sakin.... kapag top of the line model mas mahal insurance since innova J balak mo dapat mas mura yan...
    4. i cant help you decide with this thing. pero kung ako sayo i'll get the diesel one...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I noticed that Toyota Makati attached a "Thank You" note in my Service Invoice (for 10k PMS). In the lower right portion of the TYN, there is a reminder box:

"Your next Periodic Maintenance Service: October 22, 2005 or 15,000 kms, whichever comes first..."

Are they now strictly implementing this PMS schedule - every 5 kms or 3 monts wcf? Hence, the reminder.
    check ko nga yung invoice ko... parang wala akong nakitang nakasulat dun eh...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jlee
    Hi I am an owner of J-variant Diesel. I am just wondering how to check the water/coolant level of the radiator??? coz there is no radiator cap, only a plastic container connected to the radiator? If i have to fill it up what is the level of water/coolant?

You dont need to fill-it up often, just make sure the coolant does not falls below the LOW LEVEL.. you fill it up only using TOYOTA super long life coolant available from any dealers here..

BTW, Welcome to our Innova CLub, Pls join by clicking the link below..Thanks.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by leolop

hi. my wife and i just recently bought a J-variant diesel and we had aftermarket alarms and central locking installed.

1. yup very good idea. the thing is make sure lang na ang pupuntahan mong magkakabit ng power features e subok mo na. kapag di ka kampante sa tindahan na magkakabit ng power features, baka di maganda ang kabit, pumangit lang ang sasakyan mo. nakakasisi yun. since this is your first brand new car, i would actually suggest you get the accessories from the dealer para walang sakit ng ulo. that way, when you wake up in the morning, happy ka sa kotse mo and hindi sakit ng ulo ang una mong maiisip. there are a few things worse than getting a brand new car na mayayari lang ng aftermarket na tindahan because of add-on accessories. madaming "mekaniko" ng mga aftermarket stores ang di talaga marunong gumalaw ng kotse at malas mo na lang pag sila ang tumira ng kotse mo. (example, pagkabit ng central locking, may mga maiiwan-iwan na clips minsan pag kinabit na ang door panel. katwiran ng siraniko, di naman kelangan. e kung di kelangan e bakit meron nun? pag kulang sa clips, minsan yan ang may dala ng mga maliliit na sqeeks and rattles na nakaka-irita.)

2. again, considering its your first brand new car, i would suggest i-drive around mo muna nang stock ang gulong (say a month or two) bago ka magpakabit ng mags. (masarap actually ang stock na rims --> not as nice as aftermarket mags visually pero ride-wise, mas happy ako sa stock rims.) pag nagpalit ka kasi ng mas malaking mags and mas manipis na tires, baka manibago ka sa ride and may possibility na pagsisihan mo lang. okay lang sana yun pero pag misis mo ang nainis sa inilagay mong mags (iba concerns ng mga babae sa lalaki kasi e especially when it comes to aftermarket car parts), yari ka pre now if you're talking of the stock mags of the E and G variant, i'm almost sure pwede sa casa pero kung di pwede, sa mga tindahan sa evangelista at banawe i'm sure pwede yan. go for it if that will make you happy

3. got ours from toyota bel-air. don't know about other branches pero all-in-all, happy naman ako sa service ng toyota bel-air

4. i'd suggest you go for the gasoline engine. why get a diesel? maingay. and ambilis maging mausok ang tambutso (although di pa to nangyayari sa innova namin). IMO, i'd go for the gasoline para mas pleasant or mas luxurious or mas pleasurable ang ride. pag gamit mo ang diesel at may affair sa hotel (halimbawa), andaming mapapatingin sa ingay ng makina mo (compared to say, a vios or altis or civic). again, i'm coming from the idea that this is your first brand new car. kami, we got the diesel variant kasi malayo talaga ang tinatakbo ng innova sa araw araw (>1K km per month) and we couldn't care less what people think when we pull up sa hotel (eheheh). pero kung san juan-mkti lang ang takbo ko, i'd get the gasoline variant.

just my honest to goodness opinion

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002

1. mine is an innova J, gas m/t. sa labas ako nagpalagay ng keyless entry at alarms. about dun sa power windows, pwede daw dun sa tinanungan ko.. ang balak kong palagyan yung front doors lang, bihira ko naman kasing ibaba yung windows eh... pag nagbabayad lang ng toll fee..

2. wag ka na sa kasa pagpapalit ng mags.. cguradong mahal yun.. sa labas ka na lang bumili at magpakabit.. don't worry about the warranty.. kasi pagnaka-problema ang suspensions mo, ikabit mo lang ulit yung dating mags.. oks ba? hehehe

3. any branch wag lang yung sa dasma..

4. i suggest gas. why?

difference of gas sa diesel fuel? approx P1.5
    difference of diesel sa gas in terms of mileage/L approx 14(diesel) - 7(gas) = 7
    assuming pareho ang maintenance cost nila. (maraming nagsasabi mas mataas maintenance cost ng diesel eh)

800kms/per month * 12 = 9600kms per year
    so your savings in terms of fuel will be 9600kms / 7kms per liter = 1371 liters per year
    multiply it by P1.5 (difference ng fuel cost) = P2056 pesos

magkano ba difference ng innova J diesel and gas variant? P50k. if you divide P50k sa P2056 savings mo.. aabutin ka ng ilang taon bago mo mabawi yung 50k? cguro after a year or two, magkasing presyo na ang diesel at gas..

baguio? kayang kaya ng innova yan mapa-gas or diesel..

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    *mier: nagpakabit ka na rin ba ng speakers sa likod? If yes, how much did it cost you? On my 1k pms i'll have the alarm installed by the casa. Mine's a J gas variant also by the way.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni
    I brought my unit at around 7:00 am. Nailabas ko 2:30 pm na. Kung hindi ko kinansel ang tire rotation and washing baka mga 3:30 ko nakuha. Saan ka magpaservice?
    sir j_avonni, nagpa-appointment kayo sa kanila? kung appointment po eh dapat tapos na nila yan before 11am, kung walk-in lang, ganyan talaga nangyayari dahil una nilang gagawin eh yung mga nagpa-appointment hehe, kaya what i usally do is call toyota makati and set an appointment time para before lunch tapos na

Quote Originally Posted by Innova_Boy
    What else did they do to your ride on 10k PMS?? like did they check / adjust brakes, valves whatsoever on your ride also?? TIA...WBR,
    on 10K, 20K, 30K PMS, nasa 8xx.xx ang PMS labor rates which includes the clean/adjust breakes, this should apply to ALL toyota casa

on 15K, 25K, 35K PMS, nasa 4xx.xx ang PMS labor rate without the clean/adjust brakes..

kaya kung sa 5K series ang PMS and gusto ninyo ipalinis/adjust yung brakes, additional 3xx.xx lagi sasabihin ng casa