New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 188 of 1323 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238288 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 13229
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Innova_Boy
    *czar_ethan & j_avonni

Will they allow bringing of your own synth oil in the casa since we now pay for the labor at 10k PMS??

WBR,
    I didn't ask. I prefer getting the oil from the casa to be sure lest I get a fake oil from auto supplies. Others say it would void your warranty. Btw, how much is the difference in cost if you buy the oil outside of casa?

The 10k PMS includes, Check &/or clean air cleaner element, carburetor pts & gap, fuel filter, oil cooler hoses, battery, acid hoses, electrical systems, check/adjust drive belt tension, engine idle speed, ignition dwell/timing, idle fuel mixture, throttle position system, aircon idle compensator/speed, inspect/correct a/c refrigerant, pwer steering/transmission fluid level, brake booster vacuum hose for leak.

Though, I was not sure if all of the above had been performed considering that they forgot to rotate my tires. Buti na lang I was able to see when they adjust/clean my brakes and noted that the tires were not rotated. So I called the attention of the Service Advisor and the mechanic told him that he forgot. Otherwise, nagbayad ako ng wala silang ginawa.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by czar_ethan
    I also had my 10K PMS at Bela-air.

3990 - 7 Liters Mobil 1 Oil
    418 - Oil Filter
    244 - Materials/Supplies
    836 - 10K PMS Labor
    88 - Tire Rotation Labor

5, 576 lahat.
    Busted na rin ung Drivers Personal Lamp kaya pinapalitan ko na.
    Okay nmsn sng service un nga lng, nung tinanong ko ung excess dun sa 7 liters [kc 6.xx] lang ung sa Diesel, sabi wala na. Bwiset! Nung sa Marikina ako ngpa-service, binalik ung excess [amalie].
    Halos pareho lang pala ang service cost natin, except that I have spark plug to replace and you have 1 liter more of oil.

Per Manual, gas engine oil capacity with filter is 5.6 ltr - dapat may sobra akong 0.4 liter. But when I asked, ubos daw ang 6 liters. Diesel engine cap is 6.9 liter with filter. So baka binuhos na rin ang 0.1 liter. Pero come to think of it, maaring iniipon ng mga mechanic ang sobra. Just thinking aloud kasi as you said sa Marikina ibinigay sa iyo ang sobra.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I noticed that Toyota Makati attached a "Thank You" note in my Service Invoice (for 10k PMS). In the lower right portion of the TYN, there is a reminder box:

"Your next Periodic Maintenance Service: October 22, 2005 or 15,000 kms, whichever comes first..."

Are they now strictly implementing this PMS schedule - every 5 kms or 3 monts wcf? Hence, the reminder.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Guys, I've noticed that the accessories being sold in Toyota branches have different prices for every item. Pati ata parts, materials and labor. Bihira ung magkakapareho sila.

I had my 1K, 5K and 10K PMS at different branches. Marikina, P. Tamo and Bel-air respectively. Sa Marikina, (Cubao-affiliated branch), mahal ng 10% ung Oil [amalie] and labor nila. But they do offer a discount card worth P200. This would give you a 10% discount sa parts and accessories in all Cubao-affiliated branches. Sa P.tamo nman, dko gaano sure. Pero ung accessories nila, super mahal compared to the genuine parts and accessories offered by bel-air.

So I'm thinking when I will have to buy those expensive accesories (e.g spoiler..), I may opt to get the discount card and get the accessories from the Cubao-affiliated branches. For PMS, I will go for Bel-air and P.Tamo.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    I ask my agent if ican bring my own lubricants she said it will void my warranty.
    I dont know if its true, if its true harang talaga specialy to me. :down:
    when i had my 1km pms at toyota makati, i brought my own mobil 1 synthetic oil, the service supervisor allowed it . ang hindi lang pwede bilhin sa labas ng casa ay yung oil filter. when it was done, i asked the service crew if i can keep the excess oil and he surrendered it to me.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni
    I noticed that Toyota Makati attached a "Thank You" note in my Service Invoice (for 10k PMS). In the lower right portion of the TYN, there is a reminder box:

"Your next Periodic Maintenance Service: October 22, 2005 or 15,000 kms, whichever comes first..."

Are they now strictly implementing this PMS schedule - every 5 kms or 3 monts wcf? Hence, the reminder.
    naitanong ko na rin yan sa service supervisor ng toyota makati, they are using the km reading in implementing pms schedule.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni
    I didn't ask. I prefer getting the oil from the casa to be sure lest I get a fake oil from auto supplies. Others say it would void your warranty. Btw, how much is the difference in cost if you buy the oil outside of casa?

The 10k PMS includes, Check &/or clean air cleaner element, carburetor pts & gap, fuel filter, oil cooler hoses, battery, acid hoses, electrical systems, check/adjust drive belt tension, engine idle speed, ignition dwell/timing, idle fuel mixture, throttle position system, aircon idle compensator/speed, inspect/correct a/c refrigerant, pwer steering/transmission fluid level, brake booster vacuum hose for leak.
    I was able to buy 1 box or 12 liters at P400 per liter of this Mobil One synth oil 0W-50.. This is the same 100% oil i used on my 1k PMS ...

Thanks for the other works done you mentioned on your 10K PMS...

WBR,

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger
    I have a J-variant D-4D and the ride is quite bouncy. I think this is normal for a solid-axle on coils with trailing arm rear suspension. If our rear were independent then it would have more articulation (probably a bit less bumpy). In my case, the third row seats are always folded up and there's no weight over the rear axle - this accounts for an even bumpier ride.

I hope a softer after-market replacement coil springs would come out (just like for the stiff 10-seater CR-V) or better yet if there'll be 2-stage rear coils available, I'll have them replaced. Our front end is passable coz it's being dampened by the weight of our engine.
    Baka naman shocks lang ang palitan lumambot na, kaya lang apektuhan kaya waranty malamang. Balitaan mo ako pag may ginawa na kyo improvement sa
    suspension nyo thanks!

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by czar_ethan
    Guys, I've noticed that the accessories being sold in Toyota branches have different prices for every item. Pati ata parts, materials and labor. Bihira ung magkakapareho sila.

I had my 1K, 5K and 10K PMS at different branches. Marikina, P. Tamo and Bel-air respectively. Sa Marikina, (Cubao-affiliated branch), mahal ng 10% ung Oil [amalie] and labor nila. But they do offer a discount card worth P200. This would give you a 10% discount sa parts and accessories in all Cubao-affiliated branches. Sa P.tamo nman, dko gaano sure. Pero ung accessories nila, super mahal compared to the genuine parts and accessories offered by bel-air.

So I'm thinking when I will have to buy those expensive accesories (e.g spoiler..), I may opt to get the discount card and get the accessories from the Cubao-affiliated branches. For PMS, I will go for Bel-air and P.Tamo.
    Why do you prefer Bel-Air for your PMS?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    Baka naman shocks lang ang palitan lumambot na, kaya lang apektuhan kaya waranty malamang. Balitaan mo ako pag may ginawa na kyo improvement sa
    suspension nyo thanks!
    As to our shocks, I checked, but our shocks are unmarked. Toyota has always been known to use fluid type shocks so I don't think it's going to get any better than this. Our springs are rated for a max payload of 7 full size adults plus cargo, so if your typical daily payload doesn't reach this, then we still have a lot of unutilized dampening allowance to address - thus the bumpy ride.

I changed the springs on my dad's 10-seater CR-V (ordered original USDM springs which are a lot softer) and the ride got better but failed to change the fatter stabilizer bars to thinner ones which flex more with lighter payload. The original fat stab-bars hardly flexes with payload of 2 adults.

Give it a year, we'll probably start seeing softer springs for our Innovas.