New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 179 of 1323 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229279 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 13229
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    hi guys, has anybody here added a power window on their Innova J from Toyota itself?
    What about the wiper and washer at the back? If yes, how much?

thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vicoyski
    :question: Does the Toyota Innova have a right front wheel well cover, or is it also missing like in the Hilux and the Fortuner? If it's missing, what have you guys done to protect the frame?
    From another thread, all the front right wheel well covers of the Innova, Fortuner and Hi-lux were removed by the plant so they can access and stencil the chassis number etched on the frame in that area. Big question is - why didn't they put it back?

Some of the Fortuner owners from Toyota Otis or Shaw? were able to ask for their front right wheel well cover since the gravel/road dirt being kicked up during driving was damaging the electrical connections of their foglamps.

I have a J-variant so I don't have a foglamp to protect. Those of you with foglamps should ask for this part. Pwede ba class-action 'to - lahat tayo demand for this part.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm, tanong ko nga sa dealer namin..

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    yung huling tingin ko nasa P8.5k - P10k ang mga alarms nila.. di pa kasama yung power locks nun..
    Sobra naman yun. I canvassed in Banawe a week or two ago and nasa 3-5k lang ang alarm/central lock. Will I void my warranty if I have it done outside the casa?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger
    I have a J-variant so I don't have a foglamp to protect. Those of you with foglamps should ask for this part. Pwede ba class-action 'to - lahat tayo demand for this part.

Well base on this only G-varaint for Innovas have the right to demand for the wheel well cover... but i doubt if this can be done if like me have my unit for 5 months now..

Masybe those who have just gotten their units can try to argue on this thing with their dealer..

Can anyone here ask their dealer bout this matter.. Thanks..

WBR,

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    A closer look at the problem.....

Innova vs. Fortuner.

Even the Hilux is like this, although I dont have a pic to show it. Here are two reasons from two different salesman from Toyota Ortigas. First salesman tells me that it is really designed like that and if I want to put a cover there then I must purchase a third party cover elsewhere. Second salesman tells me that Toyota never designed a cover for it (the lack of cover) since it was designed to ?allow the wind to pass? and reduce the ?cabin noise? from the ?tires?. Huh?!...neither made sense to me. Plus, neither individuals ever mentioned that the covers were removed for stenciling purposes or even acknowledged the existence of such cover.

Innova G A/T Diesel courtesy of Toyota at the Fort

Fortuner 3.0 4x4 A/T courtesy of Toyota Shaw

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    personally, i wouldnt really worry too much about it. i dont think it poses any real risk of damaging engine bay components or that foglight

8. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    after reading this forum i finally order my innova this afternoon beige mica metallic g variant from toyota cabanatuan with accesories the salesman said that i can have my ride in 3 weeks time.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    personally, i wouldnt really worry too much about it. i dont think it poses any real risk of damaging engine bay components or that foglight
    To me it does pose as a serious concern even if I'm not an owner of any of these vehicles right now (but will be in the future) since the body metal is unpainted in that portion and readily exposed therefore more vulnerable to harsh elements esp. moisture which could lead to premature corrosion. Just imagine, if it gets scratched by small pebbles bouncing around the wheel well. I know others will counter with "that's what undercoating is for". Still. You know, if it can be prevented then why not?

The front Fog lamps wires appear very flimsy, plasticky, and are very much exposed to elements right now, which could inevitably lead to premature degradation esp. when one drives in very adverse off-road conditions (for the Fortuner) on a regular basis. The fog lamps will not only be submerged in cloudy water, mud, hit by pebbles and stones of varying texture and mass, you get the picture...

How many trips does one plan to take to the dealer for three years to claim that warranty for the premature failure of the foglamp and et al.? Think about it.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    OH NO!!!! What I feared with the innova's tailgate design similar to the revo's has actually happened!! Maingay ang tailgate ko. My complaint with the revo is that there is a design defect that makes the tailgate creak annoyingly. No matter how you grease, adjust, or complain to toyota. Toyota even admits na marami ng revos ang nagreklamo. My revo is barely 2K in the odometer. When going on a curve na may konting lubak sa kalye, I can hear a sharp "tok" on the rear right side of the tailgate. But doesnt happen all the time. So how can I complain this? This time, I hear a continuous dull "tudtudtud" sound, at first akala ko tools, rear seat belt hitting the plastic moldings. Eventually, I asked someone to sit at the back and pinpoint where the sound was coming from. SHEETTT!! Its coming from the tailgate!!!