New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 56 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    The charcoal canister was the black rectangular boxy plastic (upright) fronting the brake master and behind the battery, it has, I think 3 hoses attached to it. Yes, you can replace it DIY and it is very easy as the canister itself was mounted using snap-on or clip on, you can easily pull it out from the mounting bay and the hoses can be easily remove.

Not sure if the revised Filler cap and the canister can be brought from GANT, I have not inquire yet as the problem has not recurred yet.
    Sir Mile2, normal po ba ang charcoal canister may clicking sound (mahina lang) after long drive? sabi kasi ng casa normal lang daw yun kasi may pressure daw.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    nabasa ko lang. ito kaya yung reason kung bakit nasisira yung charcoal canister ng innova?

Here it is from Volvo cars - note overfilling warning:-

Evaporative control system
    The car is equipped with an evaporative control system, which prevents gasoline vapor from being released into the atmosphere.
    The system consists of a fuel tank with filler pipe and cap, two rollover valves, a Fill Limit Vent Valve (FLVV), vapor vent lines, a charcoal canister, a purge line, and a purge control valve and engine connections. In addition, there is a pressure sensor connected to the fuel tank and a filter-protected Canister Close Valve (CCV) on the atmospheric side of the canister, for system diagnosis.
    The gasoline vapor is channeled through the rollover valves and the FLVV via the vapor vent lines into the charcoal canister, where it is stored. When the engine is started, the gasoline vapor is drawn from the charcoal canister to the engine's air intake system and into the combustion process.
    NOTE:
    Overfilling the fuel tank can cause damage to the evaporative control system.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    nabasa ko lang. ito kaya yung reason kung bakit nasisira yung charcoal canister ng innova?

NOTE:
    Overfilling the fuel tank can cause damage to the evaporative control system.
    what do you mean overfilling the tank? ito ba yung nag fufull tank palagi sir?

been a long time i did not hear from you Mr. crazy_boy? hows your innova sir?

thanks for sharing....

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Mga sir wat about sa D4d Engines ganyan din ba same experience sa gas tank????

tia

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    di po kasali ang D4d sa ganitong problema sir....

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    pic request

can someone post pics of the old and new charcoal canister and cap?

was there a difference in the part numbers?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    hello to all.
    i am new in this forum.
    we are planning to buy innova 2.0 g A/T the GAS variant.
    my wife and i was wondering if the current model which is 2011?
    is affected by this problem?
    and tama ba na latest model is the 2011?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bjef2010 View Post
    hello to all.
    i am new in this forum.
    we are planning to buy innova 2.0 g A/T the GAS variant.
    my wife and i was wondering if the current model which is 2011?
    is affected by this problem?
    and tama ba na latest model is the 2011?
    2011 is not affected by this problem...

latest model is 2012 model ewan ko lang kung kelan lalabas ito.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Been torn between an innova gas and diesel for quite sometime. With d4d diesel woes not yet resolved, got an innova G '05 vvti a/t, and planning to convert it to greenfuel lpg autogas as gas variant is the "safer" choice for used vehicles. Until i learned here that vvti has also its share of "woes"- a leaking gas tank! Just below your *ss. Whew.
    I hurriedly (near panic) made a visual inspection and made the following findings:
    1. The gas tank is unexpectedly huge almost covering the entire vehicle making it more dangerous not just for the drivers but all occupants as well in case of fire from the leaking gas tank.
    2. There is no visible sign of deformation, from front to end. But I noticed a circular mark the size of a ten-peso coin with an arrow pointing to it. Dunno what it is but that is the only visible abnormality i saw.
    3. I inspected the filler cap and its all made of plastic. i noticed that it is very clean and no sign of dirt whatsoever. The plastic filter has six holes in it.

Now, the questions to the experts:

1. Is it possible that my gas tank system has already been replaced? The previous owner who is a japanese executive can't be of much help here.
    2. Does my filler cap already the newer ones with larger holes in it?
    3. What test/signs could i do/observe to determine if i have already the symtoms of the dreaded vvti gas tank woes?
    4. Will changing the charcoal filter and filler cap assuming that the tank is not yet deformed, be a guarantee for safety?

any opinion, expert or otherwise will be highly appreciated and a lifesaver for any innova gas owner.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    *willssmith

One of the usual sign that you have a gas tank warping syndrome was you will hear a loud metal popping sound underneath after you park and turn off the engine in about 10-30 minutes. Weekly or bi-weekly check of your gas tank floor may also help to avert prolong compression and decompression of the gas tank that would lead to breakage of the corner bends of the gas tank.

Replacing the charcoal canister and filler cap now will not guarantee that you will be spared from the problem.

I red somewhere that to avoid this was not to make full tank up to the filler cap, which I think was my practice before. To date I don't do that daily full tank and does not encounter the problem anymore,1/2 tank fill now is my practice since I'm an LPG user.

Toyota Innova Gas Tank woes