New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Yung first gas tank ng innova namin, napalitan under insurance, now butas ulit.
    Hirap kausap insurance, sabi may tumama kaya hindi pwede i-claim warranty sa Toyota yung gas tank. Hay naku, nag-tuturuan yung insurance at toyota.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    mile2

Where exactly in the engine bay is Charcoal Canister located? And is it end user repleceable or does it need to be brought to the shop.

The "revised" Filler Cap can be bought from gant? What about the charcoal canister?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    mile2

Where exactly in the engine bay is Charcoal Canister located? And is it end user repleceable or does it need to be brought to the shop.

The "revised" Filler Cap can be bought from gant? What about the charcoal canister?
    The charcoal canister was the black rectangular boxy plastic (upright) fronting the brake master and behind the battery, it has, I think 3 hoses attached to it. Yes, you can replace it DIY and it is very easy as the canister itself was mounted using snap-on or clip on, you can easily pull it out from the mounting bay and the hoses can be easily remove.

Not sure if the revised Filler cap and the canister can be brought from GANT, I have not inquire yet as the problem has not recurred yet.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    hi there guys, im just new here and im also planning to buy this innova but still i dont know if i will be going to d4d or vvti variants,but upon reading on d4d woes thread im already scared of buying one bec until now i think toyota dont have a solution for this and many owners got headache about this,since we are planning to buy 2nd hand pa naman.then here comes again the vvti gas tank problem, and im so thankful for reading this issues here, before i dont have any idea about this problems what i know is toyota cars are great and reliable vehicles,tsk tsk tsk hindi rin pala nadala lang ako sa mga comercials nila sa tv hehehe. sirs and mams out there please update always about this problems your comments are big help to us mostly to those bibili pa lang at mga new owners and fan of toyota. have a nice day to all TIA

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Hi to all, I'm just curious, Is the 2009 and 2010 Innova vvti released affected on this issue? Because karamihan ang mga nababasa kong issues dito with gas tank is iyung mga year 2007 and below model ng Innova vvti. Tama ba? TIA

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    I just want to add to this discussion.

We purchased a 2006 VVTi G Innova. We only started to experience gas tank problems last year. We had the gas tank patched twice. I actually forgot about it.

Then just last sunday as I was passing by SLEX near Cash n Carry, I saw a burned down Innova. I felt chills down my spine and thought that maybe ours wasn't an isolated case. After I went home, I forgot about it. But then when I was about to leave the office yesterday, I saw a puddle of fuel left by my Innova. This morning I had to leave it at the repair shop.

Like many of you, we have been loyal to Toyota but this one incident may make me change my mind about them. They seem to be not admitting the problem. Although I don't really like Honda, they seem to be more reliable than Toyota at this point.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    sa VVT-i lang po ba ito nangyayari? sa D4D po ba hindi?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    saan po pwede bumili ng Charcoal Canister at Filler cap? Ang mahal kasi sa Toyota almost 11k yung dalawa parts.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by inno25 View Post
    Hi to all, I'm just curious, Is the 2009 and 2010 Innova vvti released affected on this issue? Because karamihan ang mga nababasa kong issues dito with gas tank is iyung mga year 2007 and below model ng Innova vvti. Tama ba? TIA
    mine is 2009, so far wala naman ako na experience na ganyan.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by marz View Post
    mine is 2009, so far wala naman ako na experience na ganyan.
    Sana nga okay na sa 2009 and above model ng innova.. Mine is 2010 model.

Toyota Innova Gas Tank woes