New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 65 of 357 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i'm curious. is there an explanation why the older corolla engine (ZZ, is it?) reportedly sludges oil? i mean, they've been building engines for decades...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i'm curious. is there an explanation why the older corolla engine (ZZ, is it?) reportedly sludges oil? i mean, they've been building engines for decades...
    I guess no one really knows. some say its an inherent engine flaw. toyota denies it, of course.

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    I own a 9th gen. fortunately, no experience of sludge. I used the standard oil before, changed every 5K KM. Now, i'm using Toyota fully synthetic every 10K for 2 years already. I spoke with Toyota, yung mahihilig daw sa additives ang nagkakasludge.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    several factors can cause the build up of oil sludge... the type of oil being used for every driving conditions (mineral/ semi/ fully synthetic for city driving with heavy traffic conditions vs highway highspeed high revs condition. This affects the usage/ burning of oil. Also frequency of oil change is a factor if one is religiously following the oil change interval given these conditions.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Bro's, Help where can I buy touch up paint for my altis (MEDIUM SILVER). TIA

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ian28 View Post
    i think it's available in the casa, though i haven't tried in Toyota. you can also check with Car Magic, they're selling touch up paints. you just need to give them the paint code for your car. this is located on the door panel in the driver side.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ian28 View Post
    don't depend on the casas on this one. last time i asked, they don't sell those here in the Philippines. pa mix ka na lang ng paint sa banawe

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSn_Kai View Post
    i think it's available in the casa, though i haven't tried in Toyota. you can also check with Car Magic, they're selling touch up paints. you just need to give them the paint code for your car. this is located on the door panel in the driver side.
    Thanks Bro! I asked TQA wala daw sila binibenta touch up paints, i dont know sa ibang casa. Bro saan located ang car magic? Thanks Again bro!

9. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dekzee View Post
    don't depend on the casas on this one. last time i asked, they don't sell those here in the Philippines. pa mix ka na lang ng paint sa banawe
    That's what they say, pa mix na lang daw ako. Thanks bro!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Hi,

Any feedback on Altis 10th Gen FC? I'd like to know if 1.6 or 2.0 is better in FC. City/Highway driving. Thanks.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]