New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 68 of 357 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Fellow forumers pa help naman

I've been driving an Altis 2006 Automatic 1.6 (sorry wrong thread and model)

Coming from a cold start , I can start the engine easily and do the reverse without delay.

When I shift the gear to "D" Drive, it won't respond agad, I need to gas up up to >10 seconds (making a whining sound)
    Then I can move forward.

After this ok naman po ang ride.

Any suggestions / ideas po?

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by swankydewd View Post
    Hi, do you know where I can buy a rear fog lamp for gen 10.5?
    bro, you can check with Clifford Bodykits. Shop is located along E Rodriguez Ave, QC, in front of Puregold QI Central.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by red baron View Post
    Hi to all,

I would like to know how much is current cash discout could be given by agent for a Altis 2011 G variant...
    a friend just purchased G variant, standard discount given was 25K.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSn_Kai View Post
    FC depends on driving habits, traffic conditions, and modifications made in the car.

i'm driving 10th Gen 1.6G 5speed M/T, city driving is 12.4 km/L on the average and highway driving 17-18 km/L. shift change every 2-2.5K rpm. maximum speed on highways is only 100kph. FC changes as you increase your speed; 15-16 km/L if driving speed is 120-140kph. i have K&N drop-in filter and iridium plugs in my altis.

i'm not sure about the actual FC of the 2.0V, but i think it's less than 9 km/L on city driving.

I'm from Baguio driving a G variant M/T and yesterday I checked the display screen and from SM Baguio to PMA it was 16km/l so bawas siguro ng 1km

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    a friend just purchased G variant, standard discount given was 25K.
    salamat sir...i would like to know if gusto ko palagyan ng bluetooth connection a G variant pwede po ba yun???

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    bro, you can check with Clifford Bodykits. Shop is located along E Rodriguez Ave, QC, in front of Puregold QI Central.
    Thanks. Saw someone selling in sulit for 4.5k. Clifford is selling at 3.5k. M still contemplating in installing one.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    mga bros..where can i join car group?..mine is corolla 99 gli of makati..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Re: buying a bnew altis 1.6E * 804k

hi altis owners. newbie here. i'll ask for your comments...we reserved (10k petot) for altis 1.6E sa toyota showroom sa may quezon city kanina. ask ko po kung we had a good deal. mag DP po kami ng 80% (643,200). the rest po (160,800) ay 2 years to pay. may interest rate po na 9.9%. bale monthly payment ay 7,363. whole payment 819,919.

insurance is 26,800 at lto reg at 13,200. nakuha po namin ng free ang insurance at lto reg na umabot po ng 40k. parang eto na po naging discount. then wala na.

originally lancer 1.6 glx ang bibilin kasi nasa 647k on cash payment minus insurance & lto reg at sapak ang aming cash on hand. we thought the altis offer was good one.

may nababasa po ako yung iba nagagawang i-free ang insurance at lto reg at iba pa ang discount sa car. meron po ba talaga neto?

thanks in adv

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    * sam winchester - IMHO sir ok na po yung nakuha niyong deal with that financing setup. Yung iba kase offers nakakapag bigay pa ng mas malaking discount and freebies pero yung down ng customer is sobrang baba, say 15-20% down tapos with longer terms, mas malaki kita ng dealer sa ganun kaya pwede rin adjust sa binibigay nila.

congrats on the car... post ka on your driving figures with your 1.6E a, kahit break-in palang... gathering info on the M/T Dual VVT-i variant.
    Last edited by cjv_justice; October 11th, 2011 at 10:14 AM. Reason: added details

10. cj is offline Verified Tsikot Member
    Thank you for sharing Sir!!! So far, my car is all-stock, odometer reading still at 700km. I followed your your advise on shifting at 2k to 2.5k RPM and I'm doing 9.3 km. per liter city driving.... of course kasama na jan yung paminsan-minsan that I get carried away when I see am open road hindi ko pa nabiyahe nang out of town eh. i plan to do that after my 1k PM

hi cj... as mentioned, FC is influenced by driving habits, traffic conditions, and modifications in the car.

so far these are the modifications i made with my altis:
    - K&N drop in filter
    - iridium spark plugs
    - use fully synthetic oil

my driving habits:
    - aircon is set to 28deg, low fan (manual setting) in the morning and evening. it is only set to "auto" setting during afternoon drive.
    - shift change every 2-2.5 K RPM
    - maximum speed 80kph for city driving (RPM is under 2.5K RPM). the only time my speed will reach 100kph and above is when driving on highways (NLEX, SLEX, SCTEX, ACTEX)

daily route:
    AM drive ---- Marikina - Katipunan - White Plains - EDSA - Makati (Rockwell)
    PM drive ---- Makati (Rockwell) - Mandaluyong - Greenhills - EDSA - White Plains - Katipunan - Marikina

also, i noticed the effect of fuel i use for my altis. i'm yielding better FC when using Shell Premium compared with Petron XCS, Caltex Gold. Car acceleration is faster thus i can shift to the next gear sooner.

our car's ECU system records and takes note of our driving habits (car's acceleration, RPM range every gear changes, driving speed, braking habits, etc). the system dictates the fuel to be used based on our driving habits.

you may want to try this, you can reset the ECU by unplugging the negative terminal from the battery for at least 10mins. however, this will also reset all settings made in your altis (clock and HU settings). now, you can influence how the ecu reads your driving habits.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]