New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 130 of 357 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    ^ What you'll see is not really yellow but something in-between the stock white output and light yellow/gold. It's better than pure yellow which has a low output in clear weather, while in poor weather the reflection off the wet surfaces (or fog) is lessened as against the stock whites.
    ah ok. planning to change the stock bulbs sa vios namin. ang dalim sa gabi e. thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We're using Osram A/W (55/60W) on our Vios. Okay naman. Haven't tried the NBs or Philips Vision on it though but i'd guess they'd be brighter.

If you want, there's a option to go 90W/100. Just buy the Narva plug and play relay kit at Banawe (mga P800 more or less ata), specify that you need the one for the Toyota cars. Then get ceramic sockets, and 90/100W bulbs, good to go na.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    We're using Osram A/W (55/60W) on our Vios. Okay naman. Haven't tried the NBs or Philips Vision on it though but i'd guess they'd be brighter.

If you want, there's a option to go 90W/100. Just buy the Narva plug and play relay kit at Banawe (mga P800 more or less ata), specify that you need the one for the Toyota cars. Then get ceramic sockets, and 90/100W bulbs, good to go na.
    thanks vinj. will consider that. mura lang pala yung wiring harness. kala ko nasa 1200 and above.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by d_rookie12 View Post
    hi fellow altis owners,

I just want to ask for your opinion regarding replacing my stock head lights and fog lamps.

I currently go around in the province and I'm having a hard time whenever I drive at night in not well-lit areas like SCTEX which is why I'm seriously considering replacing my headlights and fog lamps with better performing ones. But, I'm not sure which one.

For headlights, I'm considering the following:
    1. Philips Extreme Vision/Osram Night Breaker - Since they claim to provide more light on the road (80-100% more).
    2. HID - but have no idea which kind and how much these costs plus I heard you can have a hard time when it rains so ?

For fog lamps, I'm just thinking of getting a super yellow color.

What do you guys think? You guys also familiar with how much these costs?

I'm currently driving a 2008 1.8 v version by the way - headlights with manual leveling.

TIA
    Hmm, doesn't the 1.8V come stock with HID?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    thanks vinj. will consider that. mura lang pala yung wiring harness. kala ko nasa 1200 and above.
    Nice thing about this is you still keep the OEM harness intact and you can remove and transfer the Narva harness to another car later on.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Hmm, doesn't the 1.8V come stock with HID?
    Hi Jut703,

From what I know, it comes stock with HID with manual leveling. However, I think its been replaced already with a "super white" bulb as per my friend. In any case, I'm having a hard time driving at night with what I have now, so I'm still looking for the next best option

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Hi Jut703,

From what I know, it comes stock with HID with manual leveling. However, I think its been replaced already with a "super white" bulb as per my friend. In any case, I'm having a hard time driving at night with what I have now, so I'm still looking for the next best option
    If that's the case, then the most practical option for you is to just get xenon bulbs again for your Altis. The headlamp housing of your 1.8V isn't the same as the 1.6 variants, since it's already designed to hold HID bulbs so you won't be wasting output and blinding other motorists. The Altis 1.8V/2.0V uses D4S bulbs.

The stock HID of the Altis is definitely stronger than any halogen setup (even Osram NB). I have dark tints all around and it's strong enough and I could still see fine in the rain since 4300K lang naman yung stock HID. Fogs aren't that strong though, like you noticed.

While projector retrofits would give you marginally better light output, it'll be pricey at 20-25k.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Hi Jut703,

i do hope you are not one of those who tint their front windshield, then complain that they can not see enough at night.. heh heh.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Even with dark tint on the windshield, the stock HID of the Altis still gives good output:

However, it's much brighter when viewed from outside the car:

Here's a pic showing both the view with the tint and without it:

All pics were taken with the same exposure (1/10 sec, f/3.5, ISO 1600) to accurately represent the difference in the two light outputs.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    If that's the case, then the most practical option for you is to just get xenon bulbs again for your Altis. The headlamp housing of your 1.8V isn't the same as the 1.6 variants, since it's already designed to hold HID bulbs so you won't be wasting output and blinding other motorists. The Altis 1.8V/2.0V uses D4S bulbs.

The stock HID of the Altis is definitely stronger than any halogen setup (even Osram NB). I have dark tints all around and it's strong enough and I could still see fine in the rain since 4300K lang naman yung stock HID. Fogs aren't that strong though, like you noticed.

While projector retrofits would give you marginally better light output, it'll be pricey at 20-25k.
    thanks jut703! I really appreciate your post. Would you happen to have an idea how much the xenon bulbs cost now? Also, any plans of changing your fog lamps?

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]