New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 129 of 357 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jchilado View Post
    I would like to know where the tweeters are located for the V variants. I will be setting up my sound system next month. Also, has anyone tried the PAC SWI-JACK for the steering wheel controls?
    The tweeters are in the doors, in the panel where the side mirrors are located.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    Performance is my priority sir, but i think Elantra is somehow have less km/l than the Altis.
    And also i'm afraid if Elantra also have the knocking issue just like the accents.

I think the Altis is a safe buy.
    Try checking the FC with the Elantra m/t owners. I'd bet that it won't be that far off from the Altis really. On the engine knock issue, i have not heard about that on the Elantra as well. Try to compare service costs though as it seems Hyundai charges more as compared to Toyota.

Finally got my K&N drop-in filter for my ZR, along with the oil filter canister wrench. Part number is 33-2360 and it also fits on the Vios 1.3L engine. Cost USD 38.95 (PhP 1.5K to 1.6K) at Amazon, much cheaper than buying it here.

Here's a pic of the oil filter canister wrench and the Baldwin oil filter element (replacing the OEM Toyota element):

Last edited by vinj; November 5th, 2012 at 10:19 AM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Try checking the FC with the Elantra m/t owners. I'd bet that it won't be that far off from the Altis really. On the engine knock issue, i have not heard about that on the Elantra as well. Try to compare service costs though as it seems Hyundai charges more as compared to Toyota.

Finally got my K&N drop-in filter for my ZR, along with the oil filter canister wrench. Part number is 33-2360 and it also fits on the Vios 1.3L engine. Cost USD 38.95 (PhP 1.5K to 1.6K) at Amazon, much cheaper than buying it here.

Here's a pic of the oil filter canister wrench and the Baldwin oil filter element (replacing the OEM Toyota element):

Ganyan na ba sa Altis sir? Yung pinaka filter sa loob na lang yung pinapalitan?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Performance? There's nothing impressive about the Altis' performance. It's an adequate car that's really fuel efficient, but it doesn't have an awe-inspiring engine. The Elantra has a better engine in fact. More horsepower and more linear power delivery (the Altis doesn't have much top-end grunt).

And don't get me started on handling. The Altis is a nervous car when driven through corners at speed. Again, the Elantra fares better, though it's not as good as a Mazda 3 or Focus in terms of handling.
    Yeah, I already driven an Altis and a Mazda 3. High speed handling is not that good comapred to other Japanese seda.

I'm also considering Honda Civic, but the looks somehow turned me off

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    Ganyan na ba sa Altis sir? Yung pinaka filter sa loob na lang yung pinapalitan?
    Yep, oil filter element nalang siya ngayon.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    After all this time, I still get the occasional smile when I walk up the driveway and see my trusty ride looking back at me, eager to please, as always.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    hi fellow altis owners,

I just want to ask for your opinion regarding replacing my stock head lights and fog lamps.

I currently go around in the province and I'm having a hard time whenever I drive at night in not well-lit areas like SCTEX which is why I'm seriously considering replacing my headlights and fog lamps with better performing ones. But, I'm not sure which one.

For headlights, I'm considering the following:
    1. Philips Extreme Vision/Osram Night Breaker - Since they claim to provide more light on the road (80-100% more).
    2. HID - but have no idea which kind and how much these costs plus I heard you can have a hard time when it rains so ?

For fog lamps, I'm just thinking of getting a super yellow color.

What do you guys think? You guys also familiar with how much these costs?

I'm currently driving a 2008 1.8 v version by the way - headlights with manual leveling.

TIA

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I drive often on the highway at night and i'm satisfied with the set-up on my gen 10.5 (even with my medium black tint).

Low beam (HB4) - Narva All-weather
    High beam (HB3) - Philips Vision Plus
    Fogs - Stock

If you're on a budget, try first the Osram NB or Philips Extreme Vision for both low and high beams. For the foggies, try going All-weather.

If you want to go HID, try the retrofits (projector type) as discussed on the other threads. Also, is your car heavily tinted? If it is then perhaps changing your tint to lighter (magic neutral shade) can help a lot.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I drive often on the highway at night and i'm satisfied with the set-up on my gen 10.5 (even with my medium black tint).

Low beam (HB4) - Narva All-weather
    High beam (HB3) - Philips Vision Plus
    Fogs - Stock

If you're on a budget, try first the Osram NB or Philips Extreme Vision for both low and high beams. For the foggies, try going All-weather.

If you want to go HID, try the retrofits (projector type) as discussed on the other threads. Also, is your car heavily tinted? If it is then perhaps changing your tint to lighter (magic neutral shade) can help a lot.
    Vinj, pag all weather ba yellow na yung output?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^ What you'll see is not really yellow but something in-between the stock white output and light yellow/gold. It's better than pure yellow which has a low output in clear weather, while in poor weather the reflection off the wet surfaces (or fog) is lessened as against the stock whites.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]