New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 80 of 357 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^Agree, it is the ABS engaging. What's important is that its checked and any error code is cleared and if the CASA can clean the sensors under warranty then have it done.

I purposely engage the ABS of our car from time to time to ensure that it functions and the pump runs. On our Grandia GL when it still had the skinny 195R15 tires, the ABS would engage regularly under hard braking on uneven roads.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    hi guys. anyone here tried doing their oil changes outside the casa? auto-void na ba warranty kapag ganun?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cjv_justice View Post
    hi guys. anyone here tried doing their oil changes outside the casa? auto-void na ba warranty kapag ganun?
    My take is if something related to the engine (or something touched by servicing outside) breaks unexpectedly then maybe they won't honor the warranty; but if its a recall part, or something unrelated to the oil change then i think you can still work it out; your relationship with the CASA will play into this.

In my case, with my 9th gen Altis, i stopped taking it to the CASA after the 10,000kms service. At 80,000kms today, the only thing i had to change prematurely was my warped disc rotors which cost me P1000+ in Banawe (replacement, and it works better than the original rotors which warp easily). I saved quite a lot by having my service done outside and i have the flexibility to really choose the fluids and filters that i want; i even change certain items more often than specified by the service booklet.

When I get my 10.5gen Altis, i intend to do the same (Service at the CASA up to 15,000kms or 20,000kms) then if all seems okay, i'll go back to my own service regimen.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    my exact same sentiments sir.

as for the CASA, TQA's too far from our place and I only went there for the 1st 1,000 km checkup the next two I already went to Alabang.

Well the Toyota casa is real cheap with the PMS but I also want that flexibility when it comes to the fluids and filters as well. I'd like to try to try the HKS Super Response FS oil on the Dual VVT-i, it works perfectly smooth with my FD and our pick-up. Also change the air filter to an aftermarket type.

Its almost 15,000 kms on the clock already and will be deciding real soon... maybe 1 more casa PMS then I'll take it outside for the next one. I'll miss those pretty agents on the showroom...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yeah, after the 20K service you should be fine. Just keep tabs on the internet or with the Toyota guys for any recall issues. For Toyota CASA PMS, we used to go to Toyota Marikina since you can easily see the car being serviced so i'll probably go there for my first few PMS stops before going AWOL from Toyota CASA service.

I intend to use Fleetguard, Baldwin or Wix (once they have the filter for the Toyota 1.6L in stock) oil filters and a drop-in K&N air filter; My 10.5gen unit is in stock at the dealer already so i'll pick it up this Friday or by Monday next week.

* the pretty agents, bili ka ulit ng bagong car. :D

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    cool! what color variant are you getting? congrats on the car...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cjv_justice View Post
    cool! what color variant are you getting? congrats on the car...

Pang base model lang ako: 1.6E 6-speed. :D I wanted either black mica or metallic beige, the black came into stock first. I'll then look for the OEM 16s of the V model to upgrade the shoes a little. I also got a slightly used OEM-fit DVD/GPS player from a Clubzz member.

I was deciding between this, the Yaris a/t and even the discounted Innova (pre-2012 facelift). Naubusan ako ng discounted Innova and since i'm happy with my 9th gen Altis which is my current daily drive, plus Toyota made the Gen 10.5 facelift fit my taste and added an newer engine with the 6-speed, pwede na.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    mga sirs baka po may ma suggest kayo na dealer/agent? interested in an Altis 1.6G AT

9. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Sir ptk675,got ours from toyota mla bay,you may look for ms.jen manuel,madaling kausap and gave us big discount compared to other dealers

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    thanks sir silver V. if you dont mind me asking how much of a discount and what freebies did she give you?

btw do you have her contact details?

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]