New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 163 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinematographer View Post
    Good Day Sirs,

Im a newbie in the world of diesel engines...actually with cars in general. I've driven my father's car for the longest time and I really didn't maintain it. He was always at the helm. Now Im getting a brand new Innova G D4D AT. I wish I've read this thread before when we were in the decision phase. Now Im a bit worried. Our Unit is about to come out in a week or two. How's the new batch of innova so far? Any more problems to watch out for in this batch? and another thing...this may sound stupid...but where can i get basic information on basic diesel engine maintenance. I really know nothing except to check for tire pressure and oil level....and to put diesel of course. Should I post this again in on the new innova owners thread?
    Dont worry solve na siguro that problem ng D4D, I have an Innove E that i got since July 2006.... so far wala ako na experience na choking or stalling even hard starts.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    it's nice to hear that the choking problem on newer Innova model is somehow gone....i'll consider this when I choose between Avanza and Innova for my growing family...

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Thanks for the replies guys!

*larshell...from shell?

*zdj385 that's almost a year, glad to hear your unit's ok. Sana Ok din yung matiempohan namin.

*budyong92...had the same predicament...had to choose between avanza and innova...isa palang naman anak ko...nasikipan lang kame sa avanza...but it seems nice also.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Fire Dragon: hello 2 all tsikot fanatics, im planning 2 buy a 2.5L d4d fortuner dis week, am just waiting for the stock may pila pa daw, ask ko lng kung talagang underpower and is it still logical 2 buy despite all the problems ive read here, ok lng sakin yung tagtag mag palit n lng ako ng shocks, ang concern ko ay yung engine problems

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by FIRE DRAGON View Post
    Fire Dragon: hello 2 all tsikot fanatics, im planning 2 buy a 2.5L d4d fortuner dis week, am just waiting for the stock may pila pa daw, ask ko lng kung talagang underpower and is it still logical 2 buy despite all the problems ive read here, ok lng sakin yung tagtag mag palit n lng ako ng shocks, ang concern ko ay yung engine problems
    If you look at the trend so far, people with 2006 models of the 2.5li D-4D (2KD-FTV) engine are not complaining of any problem yet. This is a good sign, but it does not rule any unforseeable problems that might crop up in the future.

Re: underpower. I did the find the 2.5li D-4D (2KD-FTV) engine quite lagging when I tested it on an Innova G A/T, what's more on a heavier body Fortuner.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    hi guys. i've been lurking around for quite awhile but could not write much because my cars are very old already. i would really like to thank everyone who has contributed their experiences to these forums. at first, i couldn't imagine myself buying a toyota d4d due to the negative feedback. but because of the recent changes and tenor of feedback, i was able to make a confident decision to purchase of an innova g d4d a/t and a super grandia.

both are running very well. no problems whatsoever. and since i came from 2 old cars, i can even say that the power and speed of these 2 new vehicles are even more than i expected.

i just wanted to share my experience, in order to give something back.

thanks again everyone.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I just need to report this.

My boss got her Fortuner 3.0 D4D last year (early or mid year i think, can't remember the exact month). Her driver just happened to relay to me last week their experience where the Fortuner would just stall and die on them while on the road. Its been happening several times already but they didn't get it checked right away since the driver was always able to re-start the engine right away (note that they take this thing all the way to Quezon at least once a month). I told them about this thread and the numerous problems reported here, and they immediately had Toyota check the unit out. Toyota reportedly changed the fuel filter, claiming that the diesel fuel they were using was contaminated. I do hope this is the case - I already advised the owner to source their diesel from a different station (making sure that it's not in a flood-prone area and where a lot of people source their diesel so that stocks are more constantly replenished).

I do hope that this is an isolated incident. FYI

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    OT:

Sir Praetorian, does your boss have the initials MCFV? It might be coincidence but I think I might know your boss. Just curious.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Yes sir patabihon that's her initials. How did you guess?

parang wala pang nag-iinput ng d4-d powered hi-ace,a...wait ko lang....

Page 6 of 163 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)