New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 163 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by altec View Post
    Brought in the unit to for my PMS, sabay sabi ko na ipacheck yung clutch, medyo maingay pag di nakaapak yung clutch, tapos may squeaking sound when I press it. Paglabas, medyo nawala ang ingay pag di nakaapak, pero may ibang squeaking sound naman, tapos ang lalim ng clutch bago pwede mag change gear. Within the week, napansin ko, when you step on the clutch during traffic (clutch riding), when you slowly release the clutch, nawawalan ng foot pressure. You need to repump the clutch to put it in gear. So pinasok ko sa casa. They checked but the clutch reservoir was full. When they checked further, nakita daw nila may internal leak yung master. Kaya pinalitan nila, under warranty.
    Ah ok, thanks sir altec.
    Good thing it was still under warranty.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gentlemen, Can you help me with regards to D4D Problems, I am planning to purchase a Toyota Innova G Diesel Automatic but I am afraid sa mga problems na naeencounter ng iba having D4D problems...

Until now ba meron pang ganun na makina ang Toyota Innova?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by behn_axehl View Post
    Gentlemen, Can you help me with regards to D4D Problems, I am planning to purchase a Toyota Innova G Diesel Automatic but I am afraid sa mga problems na naeencounter ng iba having D4D problems...

Until now ba meron pang ganun na makina ang Toyota Innova?
    So, you've decided to get an Innova instead of a pick-up?

Well to answer your query, usually po kasi ma'am yun na-encounter na problems sa D4D e sa mga naunang units ng Innova. Mostly 2005 and a few 2006 models. Although it still has to be confirmed, the culprit is the CRDi and the quality of diesel used. If you read a few posts back some tips where given by dieseldude to minimize or eliminate this problem.

Pero I won't guarantee that it will not happen to any new unit. I kinda liked the Innova kya yun ang kinuha ko. I have my fingers crossed nga when I got mine... and I even had nightmares about it. haha

But just as BoyT said "Just enjoy the ride"... and that's what I did.

HTH

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    So, you've decided to get an Innova instead of a pick-up?

Well to answer your query, usually po kasi ma'am yun na-encounter na problems sa D4D e sa mga naunang units ng Innova. Mostly 2005 and a few 2006 models. Although it still has to be confirmed, the culprit is the CRDi and the quality of diesel used. If you read a few posts back some tips where given by dieseldude to minimize or eliminate this problem.

Pero I won't guarantee that it will not happen to any new unit. I kinda liked the Innova kya yun ang kinuha ko. I have my fingers crossed nga when I got mine... and I even had nightmares about it. haha

But just as BoyT said "Just enjoy the ride"... and that's what I did.

HTH
    SiR Thank you Ha... Sana nga po maging maayos ang Innova na kukunin ko

Hindi po ba madaling masira ang shocks? halos araw araw po kasi akong nag a-out of-town at medyo di kagandahan ang daan...

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    mam behn, since you are from valenzuela city, maybe you can PM larshell and ask about his innova. pwede rin sigurong test drive. basta sa kanya ka lang magpapakarga ng shell.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007

Hindi po ba madaling masira ang shocks? halos araw araw po kasi akong nag a-out of-town at medyo di kagandahan ang daan...
    I have my Innova for more than a month na po, I've been using it going to Pangasinan, Isabela, Nueva Vizcaya, Nueva Ecija, Bulacan, Tarlac and Pasig... so far it handled the terrain well.

Others say that it's still bumpy compared to a car's suspension maybe because of the stiffer coil springs. I used to drive a '96 Nissan Eagle, so compared to that... the Innova's suspension is good enough for me.

And I'm guessing compared to your linx's suspension... the Innova's stiffer coil suspension can handle the weight of the equipments that you usually carry.

7. Join Date
    May 2005

Shocks ng Innova ko sira agad. Most of the time ako lang ang sakay.
    If you will ask my opinion WAG NALANG INNOVA instead look for a 2nd hand Pajero or Trooper.Walang problem sa off road. Mas safe ka pa. Innova walang protection ang passenger.

Quote Originally Posted by niwde11 View Post
    mam behn, since you are from valenzuela city, maybe you can PM larshell and ask about his innova. pwede rin sigurong test drive. basta sa kanya ka lang magpapakarga ng shell.
    Naku bossing walang problema kahit nga sa pinaka walang hiyang driver ko pinapa drive ko na yong innova ko para masulit lang kaso nabenta ko na.

Yong Pajero ko nalang pwede.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by praetorian View Post
    Just an update. Last week, my boss' car stalled anew - several times in fact (plus, the spare tire got nicked- Php40K+ daw?). This after Toyota (not sure what branch) allegedly "fixed" the problem and their switch to Shell (newly opened, no flooding) instead of Petron. Will update soonest.
    Further update. My boss' Fortuner 3.0CRDi, which has stalled on her several times already this past month, is now going to get fixed - no thanks to Toyota Quezon Ave. If my boss hadn't called in a favor with a high-ranking guy from Metrobank, it would have taken at least a month for Toyota QA to change the fuel pump. Their first excuse was that the part was on order and would take that long to arrive. But one call was all it took for the part to miraculously appear in their inventory. Now, the Fort will be good to go by tomorrow, Tuesday. All's well that ends well, I suppose. (If this is indeed the end)

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I bought an innova e diesel late december 2005. I think I have my computer box calibrated for 2x then replaced supply pump within the first 5000 km.
    One thing I hate to say is that the dealer dont allow you to bring your own motor oil when the unit is brought to the casa for regular maintenance saying that your warranty will be voided if you bring your own oil. And during the 1000 km check up, they also want to flush your engine.Will this do good to your car or do more damages to your car during the first 1t km check up. I think Toyota Phils. should reorient their dealer to emphasis on service rather than the earnings they want to dictate at the expense of their client.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Tsikoteers and Innova owners!, Is it true na naayos na problem sa D4d engine ng Innova? I already have a reservation na kasi for an Innova G 2.5 D4D dsl A/T, upon reading the thread parang medyo nagiging skeptikal na ko mag Innova Dsl. Just need your latest inputs regarding the D4D issue. If ok na I'll still stick with the diesel variant since FC is a big big factor to me. If not I can still change my reservation into a smooth Gas ride.
    thanks in advance!!!

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)