New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 163 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by katsudon_ph View Post
    Are you pertaining to the engine malfunction indicator lamp, the one colored red? Well if this is, then our Hi-Ace Commuter D4d has this indicator but engine is normal condition. so we ignored it and ruled that it may be caused by faulty wiring..
    Please refer to the manual for the purpose of identifying similar subject matter. As of the cause, I just went to marikina branch this morning to have my EGR - Exhaust Gas Recirculation valve replaced. It is somewhere (like a joint) near the 'camber (as the technician called it) of our Turbo. Naipon nung mga carbon dun kaya nadedetect ung corresponding sensor.

The chief technician also gave me a tip that such error or warning may be ignored and can be even reset (for EFI systems) by detaching the negative part of the battery. In this way, your car electronic system can be reset and if it is true that such warning were turned on incidentally, then it will not turn on anymore after reseting your system. However, if it will persist, then you better consult with your nearest toyota (after consulting of course you manual first).

More so, such EGR valve will cost around php 8,500.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    sa sir bakit di nila reneset yung system mo? bakit they replace the EGR? under warranty pa ba yan?

Bongliza sir, Innova ba yan? thanks

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bongliza View Post
    Hard starting na naman car ko after a long trip to Baguio last Holy week. Got my pump replaced a year ago. Bumalik ulit sakit. Will be sending my car to casa by next week. Hayyyy....
    Bro, Sorry to hear that Bong. I think you are third owner of D4d here in tsikot having twice of the problem. May I suggest that you request to REPROGRAM your ECU first before they replace again your CRDi system. It is faster and easier. Anyway nothing to loose it is very cheap and it is covered under warranty.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    yup, Innova unit ko.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    hello everyone,
    i'm planning to buy an innova j m/t gas around the end of may. im from cebu city and i don't have an idea where to get the best deals around. could someone please help?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    mine is innova G d4d mt Feb. 2006 and already >16,000 on the odometer but thanks God no problem like hard starting, leaking shocks, etc except can't go beyond 8.8 km/l city driving.
    Last edited by surg; April 27th, 2007 at 07:11 PM. Reason: nagdagdag lang po

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    it sounds unfair to us buyers but to me, it's wise NOT to purchase newly introduced cars/technology. like the personal computers, they always have bugs. so if you can wait for the next batch the better or purchase an old model but reliable one.

i remember when forts & innovas were introduced, i told my officemates not to buy YET cause they might end up scratching their heads...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    hi guys, would it matter what brand of diesel to use? Petron, Caltex, Shell, others? to prevent clogging of fuel filter, or put oil additives? thanks in advance.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by J97 View Post
    hi guys, would it matter what brand of diesel to use? Petron, Caltex, Shell, others? to prevent clogging of fuel filter, or put oil additives? thanks in advance.
    safest is shell..

those who had problems where do u usually pump diesel station?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by finchy18 View Post
    safest is shell..

those who had problems where do u usually pump diesel station?
    i agree...shell here may not be as clean as in western and european country but at least here in philippines shell is considerably cleaner than the rest...

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)