New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 163 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    I have been reading this thread with much interest as our workshop is now involved in repairs of diesel common rail systems. Our facility has heavily invested on equipment to test/repair this system.

Although we do not expect to see a lot of these at the moment, we have already worked on a few Toyota & Hyundai commonrails, and found that the most common problem is internal pump corrosion due to water in fuel. Toyota will not honor warranty claims on pump failures if corrosion is present.

If this happens, you may PM me as we can probably help. Most CR systems that we have serviced are those whose warranty claims were not honored by the OE's (Toyota. Hyundai etc..) due to signs of corrosion / water in fuel.

Listed below are some suggestions for users of common rail diesels:
    1. Use original fuel filters and water separators only.
    2. Purchase your diesel fuel from reputable gas filling stations.
    3. Check / drain your water sedimentor immediately if your WIF (water in fuel) indicator lights up.
    4. Bring your car to your authorized Toyota dealer if you experience a hard start or choking problem. It is possible that Toyota will repair your vehicle FOC (free of charge) is there are no signs of corrosion.
    5. Bring your car to us if your warranty is void.
    Anyone is welcome to visit our repair facility.

Bye,

Dieseldude
    Sir,

Thanks for these tips.

Can you give me your contact no. and address of your shop? If you want you could PM me na lang. I haven't encountered the problem yet (knock on wood) but maybe I could recommend you to others who are having this problem.

TIA

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    Sir,

Thanks for these tips.

Can you give me your contact no. and address of your shop? If you want you could PM me na lang. I haven't encountered the problem yet (knock on wood) but maybe I could recommend you to others who are having this problem.

TIA
    Hi Tia,

Company name is Central Diesel, located at 1176 Quezon, Avenue Quezon City. Contact numbers are 411-3711 to 13. We are open Monday thru Saturday, 8am - 5pm.

Bye,

Dieseldude

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Nai-schedule niyo na po ba sa casa for diagnosis ang problem sir? Try niyo rin na bantayan kung i-service para alam niyo ang mga gagawin... and keep us posted.

Share ko lang sir...
    Yun sa boss ko na March 2005 na innova naghard starting din siya... ginawa niya. He drained the fuel filter (removed the accumulated water). After that puro one-click start na siya uli.
    When I returned to my old gas station naayos sya! One click na ulit! Parang yun lang naman kasi ang naiba when the problem surfaced. Must be really on the gas station, not the fuel, because have tried same brand on different stations but didnt have problems.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Innova_dean View Post
    Sir,

ang innova d4d nabili ko ng january 2006, 26 k odo, ang production date niya september 2005, naka tag sa makina mismo, so far wala namang problema, i use petron diesel, mapili ako sa gas station, usually sa petron slex and petron star toll lang ako nakakarga. Ok naman.
    Fr cbcnestormn: Can you tell me exactly where I can see the tag of the production date? best if you can send a photo of it? I need to see this if I will look at 2nd hand units around, am considering this or a starex....tks.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by megatron View Post
    i just got a brand new D4D innova automatic two months ago. mileage is still low around 2k. but i have never experienced the problems mentioned by the others.

i actually mentioned to the sales supervisor about the various complaints by the other owners of innova before purchasing my unit. they said that they have already fixed that problem with the newer units. i'm convinced they already have coz the owner of the branch is a close family friend of ours. if ever mag-tope or whatever yung innova ko, i'm sure to have our family friend hear about it.

Megatron, may I know what fuel consumption do you get city driving vs highway driving? Tks

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Went to the casa to claim my innova, warranty replacement of clutch master, 36k odometer. While chatting with them, old news na ang choking problem, according to them.

I asked what about this clutch master, isolated daw. Anyway, it was replaced in a few days time. No big deal.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by altec View Post
    Went to the casa to claim my innova, warranty replacement of clutch master, 36k odometer. While chatting with them, old news na ang choking problem, according to them.

I asked what about this clutch master, isolated daw. Anyway, it was replaced in a few days time. No big deal.
    Sir, pwede pong malaman kung ano naging problem niyo sa clutch master that the casa had to replaced it?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cbcnestormn View Post
    Fr cbcnestormn: Can you tell me exactly where I can see the tag of the production date? best if you can send a photo of it? I need to see this if I will look at 2nd hand units around, am considering this or a starex....tks.

Sir,

dun sa may front ng engine, sa cover ng timing belt meron dung sticker ng production date at time.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by patabihon View Post
    So how is her Fortuner now, did the stalling recur after Toyota did the fix?

I only saw her Fortuner once when my brother brought it to my house last year. I believe I expressed my concern to my brother regarding the problems that plagued some diesel Innova and Fortuner after reading about them in this forums.

It's a bit of a worry taking a vehicle up to Quezon through the zigzag and all of a sudden losing power. I'm sure the Quezon zigzag is no problem for the 3.0 D4D but just the thought of stalling on this road is really scary.

I brought my Starex with a full complement of passengers to Quezon. No problem going up the zigzag road. But when we where just meters away from the house, the Starex got bogged down in mud and we were not able to move it. Needed several people a long time to push to get it out. It's 250 kms to there and only meters to really need 4wd. I told her next time I go there, I'll bring a Nissan Patrol.

Anyway, glad to meet you Praetorian. Say hi to my little sister as well. I'm in India looking for oil.
    Just an update. Last week, my boss' car stalled anew - several times in fact (plus, the spare tire got nicked- Php40K+ daw?). This after Toyota (not sure what branch) allegedly "fixed" the problem and their switch to Shell (newly opened, no flooding) instead of Petron. Will update soonest.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Sir, pwede pong malaman kung ano naging problem niyo sa clutch master that the casa had to replaced it?
    Brought in the unit to for my PMS, sabay sabi ko na ipacheck yung clutch, medyo maingay pag di nakaapak yung clutch, tapos may squeaking sound when I press it. Paglabas, medyo nawala ang ingay pag di nakaapak, pero may ibang squeaking sound naman, tapos ang lalim ng clutch bago pwede mag change gear. Within the week, napansin ko, when you step on the clutch during traffic (clutch riding), when you slowly release the clutch, nawawalan ng foot pressure. You need to repump the clutch to put it in gear. So pinasok ko sa casa. They checked but the clutch reservoir was full. When they checked further, nakita daw nila may internal leak yung master. Kaya pinalitan nila, under warranty.

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)