New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 208 of 529 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218258308 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 5286
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by vinrem View Post
    Sir it's from Park to Reverse lng, reverse to drive di ganun. I've already scheduled a visit to the CASA tomorrow, hope they a fix on this.

Sent from my S7 Egde
    Summary of the other guys tranny issue/solution

1. Tcm software update.. but this was for the jerk during acceleration & deceleration.

2. Transmission valve body and atf.. didnt really help. I suspect they were just delaying the replacement of the transmission.

3. Transmissiom replacement. I think will be the solution for your case.

Do note of your transmission partnumber. Some did but i cant find it here hehehe.

"Hard" shift shock is what i would call your special case.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Summary of the other guys tranny issue/solution

1. Tcm software update.. but this was for the jerk during acceleration & deceleration.

2. Transmission valve body and atf.. didnt really help. I suspect they were just delaying the replacement of the transmission.

3. Transmissiom replacement. I think will be the solution for your case.

Do note of your transmission partnumber. Some did but i cant find it here hehehe.

"Hard" shift shock is what i would call your special case.
    Sir, noted on your input and thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by xuled View Post
    Vinideohan ko din yung sa akin boss pero click lang yung nadidinig ko hindi kasing lakas ng sayo. I'll upload the video tomorrow may nagdodota kasi baka mag lag sila haha.
    Sir, went to Toyota today for check up regarding tranny issue, the service adviser told me there is a sequence daw para walang tunog or hard shift from P to D, sabi nila, when you park your car and before you shift the gear from D to P, first you have to put it to N first for around 3-4 seconds or when you feel the car moved, when you feel the car moved, that's the time you can shift it to P position, I haven't tried it pa kasi I left the car sa CASA for further check up but according to them, meron na daw nag complain sa kanila ng ganun and they teached them to do the sequence, di na daw bumalik yung mga owner who complained. Try nyo sir baka tama naman.

Sent from my S7 Edge

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    You're supposed to engage hand / parking brake while in "N" before shifting lever to "P" ... this is common practice ...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    You're supposed to engage hand / parking brake while in "N" before shifting lever to "P" ... this is common practice ...
    Oh my. Thanks this is something new I learned today. I engage the handbrake after P all the time.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Hahaha same here, I always engage the hand brake/parking brake after P

Sent from my S7 Edge

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    The hand brake is last. When youre rowing between park and drive or vice versa foot brake must be used.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Agree with Walter. Need to lock in the wheels first using the hand brake in neutral instead of P. This is something that should be observed especially in parking spaces where the ground is not level or a bit inclined. You risk damaging your transmission when using it to lock the car in position instead of the hand brake.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Hand brake first before going to P. Or else may malakas na stud sound pag lipat na ng D

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Best sequence would be ... depress foot brake ... shift to "N" ... engage hand / park brake ... release foot brake (to let the vehicle settle) ... then shift to "P" ...

2016 Toyota Fortuner