The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 267 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by francisco monto View Post
    Jovanne.... You can check more pics/info on APV on these sites
    http://www.umcsuzuki.com/apv/apv_spec.php
    http://www.suzuki.com.ph/feature_apv.htm

The umcsuzuki site is in Malay, while some has English translations, some aren't. The specs between the Malaysian and Phil models vary, most notable the engine and wheels. Hope thats useful
    I just realized that these are old threads, never mind anyway heheh

Correction:
    www.umcsuzuki.com is located in Surabaya, Indonesia.
    And the language is Indonesia language (foreigners call it Bahasa), NOT Melayu or Malayu.
    Yes, we only have 1.5 EPI SOHC engine version (G15A). There's no 1.6 option (G16A) - which also been used in Escudo or Vitara 1.6.
    Top model (X-type or GX) uses 15-inch aluminium alloy wheels, not 14-inch ones.

Interior:
    http://www.umcsuzuki.com/apv/apv_ruang.php
    http://www.umcsuzuki.com/apv/apv_interior.php

APV club Indonesia web (there's lot of mod photos):
    autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/suzuki-apv-indonesia
    please post in English, heheh...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    btw, any info on the APV's origins? i.e. is it based on a previous suzuki model, or brand new sya from the ground up?
    Country of origin: Indonesia (assembling)
    Design origin: Japan
    Parts origin: Indonesia & Japan.
    All APV in the world are imported Completely Built-Up from Suzuki-Indomobil Plant - Indonesia.

It is a brand new design, but parts are mostly taken from station-wagon version of Suzuki Cultus Wagon JDM, and also Every+ JDM.
    http://www.suzuki-w.co.jp/history2/lineup2.html
    (use Internet Explorer to click links, Mozilla won't work)

Engine in Phils 1.6 version: G16A as used in Vitara, so engine spare parts are logically widespread & relatively cheap.
    Engine in Indonesia 1.5 version: G15A, used in Cultus Wagon JDM (and Baleno 1.5).

Launching news in Suzuki Corp. Japan:
    http://www.suzuki.co.jp/release/d/d040723.htm (in Japan lang.)
    http://www.globalsuzuki.com/globalnews/index.html (in English)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Regz0810 View Post
    Hi!Just want to ask all APV owners, have you already returned your units for the breakin period or waiting for the 5k check?

Thanks
    Already 13.500km+ 'till now.
    No unit returning so far, just a common oil replace every 5000km or anything common like that.
    Runs 100 - 140km/h every morning working days - going to the office +toll/highway road, but 30-80km/h when coming back to home - thru common traffic-jammed road.

Complaints so far:
    - not accurate in-dash clock, lazy clock you might say. Late 1 minute every week.
    - not good enough front seat lumbar/hip support - this is normal since I drive fast, heheh.
    - CD+tape player can't plays MP3 songs & no Line-in RCA jack (I use double DIN KW-XC888 head unit, standard, which is someone says also being used in US/States. Dunno about what vehicle). Need JVC CD changer to make it plays MP3 files.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rlzacarias View Post
    I do also have beige seats; I have 4 kids which makes beige somewhat darker :-) so I'm thinking of having black seat covers, preferably leather para easier to clean / rinse; pero baka after I upgraded to better wheelset. I'm planning to replace the stock rim-wheel to a wider tire and bigger diameter rims. Any idea? I think the optimal size will be 205/50/17.

Any member here who currently has wider than 205 tires?

Quoting from previous post; can u give us details and names of tire and rims dealers/retailers where prices are somewhat low compared to others?

Thanks in advance
    Check out this thread:
    SUZUKI APV - mod. pics.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dfcsantos View Post
    Matagtag talaga because of the rear leaf spring.:aray:

Have you considered the Avanza?
    Although Avanza uses rear coil spring, the ride is worst.

You need to change the coil spring, using BMW 3-series E36 (or E34, forgot) rear coil spring.
    Avanza's rear spring is too darn hard - and the shock can't afford to reduce the motion. At least that's what happened in Indonesia, not yet check in Phils.

If you want to check out, look at someone's Avanza from the back when driving in a bit bumpy road. Compare the motion with other cars. If the avanza experienced more up-down motion then it is using hard coil spring. This is especially when the Avanza carry less than 4 person.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    uy....2007 just got a bit more interesting B) hopefully it doesn't jack up the pricetag that much though
    Diesel version usually priced a bit more expensive than gasoline version, since the engine components experiencing more pressure due to higher compression ratio in combustion chamber.

gasoline : 1: 7,5 to 1:12
    diesel : 1:17 to 1:23

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by thebat View Post
    Tanong ko lang: meron bang naka full windshield tint dito? Dark or Black? Ok lang ba? Kita pa din ba pag gabi?
    Ako naka full windsheild tint. Free lang sya sa Hino. 3M sya and Magic tints yata yung narinig ko.... tipong parang salamin.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rlzacarias View Post
    I'm planning to replace the stock rim-wheel to a wider tire and bigger diameter rims. Any idea? I think the optimal size will be 205/50/17.

Any member here who currently has wider than 205 tires?

Quoting from previous post; can u give us details and names of tire and rims dealers/retailers where prices are somewhat low compared to others?

Thanks in advance[/URL]
    I currently have a 225/50/16 installed in my APV. I believe my wheels are of Potenza brand. Got is installed sa Banawe..... tingnan ko yung resibo for the exact name nung shop.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    I currently have a 225/50/16 installed in my APV. I believe my wheels are of Potenza brand. Got is installed sa Banawe..... tingnan ko yung resibo for the exact name nung shop.
    Ok naman ang ride? Di ba nabibigatan sa wheels?
    size 17" kaya kasya pa din?

BTW, can you post some pics of your APV? Kasama yung mag wheels pls, kung pwede (for reference).

Ty!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Ako naka full windsheild tint. Free lang sya sa Hino. 3M sya and Magic tints yata yung narinig ko.... tipong parang salamin.
    It's better to dark tint the middle glass (at passenger door) all the way to the rear/back door glass. But leave the glass windows of front doors and windshield with lighter color of tinting.

It will surely more accentuate the "Japanese Domestic Market minivan" looks.
    Look at the Suzuki Every Wagon photo in here...:cool01:

Suzuki APV [Merged Threads]