New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 267 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Meron bang nabibiling accessories ng APV sa banawe (or any place else)?

Kinakati lang akong tumingin ng mga added accessories for the APV e.g rear spoiler, etc.

Di naman halatang excited!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm not too crazy about the current crop of Cobra alarms. The rubber buttons are huge and tend to become sticky over time. I'd rather have Police (mas mura pa sa Cobra). No experience with Alien. I'll have to check with my cousin, I think he has that on one of their vehicles.

Iba ang ECU ng add on alarm. The remote transmitter of the alarm does not only command the vehicle to unlock the doors, it also commands the alarm ECU to disarm the alarm. In most cases, the original keyless entry transmitter will still work, but only to lock/unlock the doors and not arm/disarm the alarm.

It should be covered since they installed it. Try to ask where the service center of the system is. Baka naman nasa bundok pa, ma-hassle ka lang kapag nagloko. Come to think of it, the systems mentioned are so cheap, you could probably just buy a new one when the alarm breaks down. They're just a little over Php2k. If I had only known then, sana bumili na lang ako ng bagong system instead of having the transmitter of my current alarm replaced. The new transmitter costs Php1,400.00.

Carryboy has APV stuff.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    whoa mura ah! suzuki pa!
    In Tagalog
    mura = cheap (is it?)
    kiri = left

In Indonesia language:
    cheap = murah
    left = kiri

almost the same, heheh...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by radiazone View Post
    ito dapat ilabas sa pinas
    SOLIO GLX
    Whoa, you guys have a Limited Edition offering of Suzuki wagonR SOLIO 1.3...
    Get it guys, it is a RARE CAR !!!

Usually this has to be imported directly from Japan.
    But ofcourse, the JDM version is right-handed steering, and has an oval sticker at the rear window, something with stars and Japanese language writings.
    from 1 star to 5 stars (5-stars means very low CO level or = environtment friendly.)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    i'd love to see them put a turbo intercooled diesel on this baby, kahit 1.6L lang tantsa ko ayos na(forgot to ask the suzuki guy why they don't bring the diesels here)
    Suzuki Indonesia said in 2007 they will launch the 1,5 or 2.0 MultiJet Commonrail Diesel version of APV. But surprisingly, the power is the same as Isuzu Hilander 2.5, which is around 75HP to 86HP.
    1.5 or 2.0 diesel with 75HP is very powerful, based on power ratio per-litre in diesel engine. I used Isuzu Panther 2.3 (older Indonesian version of Hilander) which has only 73HP.

This version of engine is ofcourse remains to be seen next year though.
    See also:
    http://www.globalsuzuki.com/globalnews/2005/1020.html

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    mukhang ok naman sya for that kind of money; i just have two negative quips, which are based on personal hypothesis/guessing:

1. ) matangkad talaga sya. i have this irrational fear of it tipping over at high speed turns, but if you're making high speed turns with a van/people carrier vehicle, then you probably deserve tipping over B)
    I used APV 1.5 X-type (or GX) version (not avail in Phil).
    Tried driving alone in toll road which is a bit bumpy (not potholes) descending fast cornering road in 120km/h. Still fairly OK (controllable with little effort) IMHO. All are in bare standard suspension & wheel set (don't forget, mine using 15" Bridg Turnz 195/65R15 - Indonesian Domestic Market version).
    Isuzu Panther 2.3 (old Hilander version): can handle only up to 80km/h in that road, with the same driving condition & environtment (using Bridgestone Turanza 185/65R14 - same tire aspect ratio, standard in Indonesia, as replacement of old Bridgestone Regno 65 185/65R14 that's not produced any longer).

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Originally Posted by Macky
    Eto ang thread na walang wenta.... sina mbt at carlo, sila ang dapat paniwalaan at hindi yung mga walang magawa kung hindi mamintas ng sasakyan, hehehehe. OK to, training sa pagdating ko dyan..... parang sample lang ng crab mentality na aabutan ko sa atin.

I agree with you bro on this.
    Lot of so-called "critics" who haven't even driven or even seen one in flesh.
    Yes, Innova is intended for non-price conscious buyer. If you have big bucks then you'll be satisfied, especially with Innova 2.0 V. If you don't: prepare for a bit gas-guzzling 2.0 VVT-i engine.
    Innova drinks 1 litre for 6,7km of fuel in crowded/traffic jammed road - at best. My friend is also a fan of & got this car, and he complaints to me about this. He got 1:5.7km. My old trusty service shop nearby also confirmed this matter, no matter how many times his relative tuned his Innova engine+ECU to Toyota service in Sunter. He got 1:6,7km. FYI, Toyota service in Sunter road - in Jakarta, Indonesia - is also known as the best Toyota service you can get. They already competing in Toyota servicemen competition down to Toyota Japan, and won several times in there. Toyota Sunter is also a main place to train Toyota authorized service servicemen in Indonesia. CMIIW.

APV drinks 1 litre for 8,4km (mine is 1.5 version), you pinoys might get 1:8,1km in my opinion.

These fuel consumptions ofcourse will be better if you always drive in low congested roads like toll road/highway. All are 5-speed Manual Transmission, not AT. AT usually more gas guzzling.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranma View Post
    Suzuki Indonesia said in 2007 they will launch the 1,5 or 2.0 MultiJet Commonrail Diesel version of APV. But surprisingly, the power is the same as Isuzu Hilander 2.5, which is around 75HP to 86HP.
    1.5 or 2.0 diesel with 75HP is very powerful, based on power ratio per-litre in diesel engine. I used Isuzu Panther 2.3 (older Indonesian version of Hilander) which has only 73HP.

This version of engine is ofcourse remains to be seen next year though.
    See also:
    http://www.globalsuzuki.com/globalnews/2005/1020.html

uy....2007 just got a bit more interesting B) hopefully it doesn't jack up the pricetag that much though

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by thebat View Post
    Help po mga APV owners!

After a month of reasearching (and pestering those Suzuki reps) about the APV, finally I am settling in getting my APV at Suzuki Commonwealth (they are giving me the best deal among the 3 branches).

Regarding the free car alarm (i was able to swing it), I was requesting for a Code Alram kaya lang wala raw sila (sa Philhino meron). They are offerring me 3 choices: Cobra, Y2K or Alien. Never heard of Y2K and Alien. Sabi nung sales reb mas ok raw Y2K kse US brand raw pero tried searching for it on the net wala naman lumitaw. Mukhang tinitipid ako a! I asked for Cobra pero they warned me na di raw ok yun, mas ok raw yung Alien or Y2K pero kung Cobra raw gusto ko yun na daw ikabit nila.

Ano kaya? Are these car alarms ok? I also want to use the original Suzuki issue keyless entry key remote. Sabi ko gusto ko integrated yung alarm dun sa original remote. Sabi nila "oo" raw (parang hilaw na oo!).

Yung bang Suzuki dealer installed alarm e covered din ng 3year warranty? Kse kung covered so kahit ano dun ok na din kse me warranty naman.

Baka lang alam me feedback or comment kayo on this matter.
    The Cobra alarm they installed my APV is not working well. They can't fix it either at Suzuki Shaw. It only works when I'm infront of the car. Nawawala din pag umulan ng malakas.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by thebat View Post
    Tanong ko lang: meron bang naka full windshield tint dito? Dark or Black? Ok lang ba? Kita pa din ba pag gabi?
    Full windshield tint ako pero Magic. Kaya hindi mahirap mag drive sa gabi. I don't know the effect for dark tints.

Suzuki APV [Merged Threads]