New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    speaking of Western-made arms, di ba the PNP recently shifted to Norinco handguns? Forgot the actual model, pero kamuha ng Colt .45(not the drink), except mas crude ung finishing nya.

re the Kalashnikov...sabi nga nung isang CNN correspondent that you could buy an AK-47 on the streets of Afghanistan for 75 USD :D

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    norinco is a chinese arms company!!! supplier of the PLA..

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    baka norinco version ng colt 1911? I tot yung PNP lumilipat na sa 9mm.?

Compare mo yan sa m16 na around 100k hehehe, kung 75usd, nasa 4000 pesos, hehehe. laki tipid, pag tinamaan ka pareho patay ka rin, hehe bat dun tayo sa mahal?

hehehe

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    hay Pilipinas kong mahal.... minsan nakaka inis isipin bkt tyo ganito... gumagawa tyo ng barko pra sa ibang bansa at hindi lng basta barko kundi barkong pangdigma pero bumibili pa tyo sa iba na sobrang mahal.... pag dating sa airplane capable tyo gumagawa ng sariling atin... actually bumili nga tyo ng rights to manufacture yung "cali pinto" pinabayaan... pagdating sa baril andayan ang danao pero gusto imported..... OT pero minsan nakaka inis kc....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo
    mazda

not ak47 mismo, but yung design philosophy ng ak, easy and cheap to produce at almost jam free.

sana gumawa ang AFP ng AK inspired na rifle, na gumamit ng 6.2 mm rounds, parang gitna ng 5.56 at 7.62. yung next round ata ng NATO, nasa 6 something mm.
    as I've said... the AK-100 series is the answer for that.

may mga iba ibang versions ang AK-100 for different calibers... including the 5.56 & 7.62.

AFAIK yung 5.56 ay na develop to replace the 7.62

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Bullets are bullets. If you're fighting guerillas whose idea of body armor is a heavy jacket, and you're fighting at jungle ranges (100 meters or less), I doubt the 5.56 is going to be much of an advantage over the older 7.62.

Okay naman ang mga local "Stoner" na sniper rifles (mga M16 na pang sniper)... we don't need more expensive guns... just more marksmen. An expert marksman with an M16 is worth a squadron of neophytes with the latest assault rifles.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    sana nga maka gawa ang AFP ng 6.2 mm rounds, para atleast best of both worlds ng 5.56 at 7.62.

magaan, di masyado ma recoil, pero malayo maabot at tumatagos sa talahib

8. FrankDrebin Guest
    Don't forget the Phil coast guard!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo
    sana nga maka gawa ang AFP ng 6.2 mm rounds, para atleast best of both worlds ng 5.56 at 7.62.

magaan, di masyado ma recoil, pero malayo maabot at tumatagos sa talahib
    i think the often heard remark that the 5.56mm ammo of the m16 can't penetrate "talahib" is a myth. i can personally testify that it can punch through a 3/8" steel plate at 50 meters. consider the fact that i used a "baby" with a 12 inch barrel, e di lalo na pag full length 22 inch barreled m16. did this in a bulacan firing range, napagkatuwaan lang namin na tirahin yung falling plate at 50 meters. we fired 20 rounds, bullet went through 20 times. e hindi pa first class ammo gamit namin, 19 out of the 20 were "hingi" from a soldier friend and what he gave us were rusted, dirty 5.56 rounds that we had to clean with sandpaper. i only fired 1 round of new, out of the box US issue ammo, same results din, tagos sa 3/8" steel plate.

forgot the name of the range, it was actually in disuse already and had closed down. kilala lang ng kumpare ko yung may-ari.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Ito dapat ang ipalit ng Pilipinas sa F-5: (check out the videoclip below)

http://www.mems.rice.edu/~dhruv/clip...of%20ocean.mpg

Military Hardware Thread [Split]