New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Will you vote for the administration bet, Gibo?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

46 53.49%
  • No

34 39.53%
  • Undecided

6 6.98%
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wrider View Post
    In fact some in the military even grudgingly consider him as "masyadong maprinsipyo".
    If this was true, that would be possibly something good to hear about gibo

The infomercial did have a legitimate purpose and was part of the government's program to inform. Gibo appearing there might be a cost cutting measure saving talent fees.
    Definitely they tried to cover it as a legitimate purpose to inform, but c'mon, you have to question the full one minute commercial to do it? Plus time in the commercial practically wasted in a dramatic scene were after two victims asking for help turns away, a slow motion sequence of gibo is made as he slowly turns into the camera, revealing his face, then showing his name and position. Then the forcibly use of the letters T-E-O-D-O-R-O in the reminder?

To many Gibo should have taken advantage of the free publicity available to him as NDCC chair during Ondoy and Pepeng, he did not. To some this is an indicator of being "uncorrupt".
    Actually I saw a footage of a mother, angered by seeing gibo doing press cons, while her 8 y.o. son was trapped in a roof surrounded by floodwaters. To her, gibo should have been working on the field, to try to make up for his agency's ill-preparedness of not even having rubber rafts. Actually, I think it was good of gibo to avoid anymore "publicity" in Ondoy, since he was getting pounded for his agency being caught flatfooted in the very preparation his early campaign "NDCC" infomercial was supposedly informing the public about.

Do you think corrupt people will not criticize other corrupt people?
    Well definitely those (and their families) earning from corruption with the help, or silence/inaction, of a fellow corrupt person in power.

As to corrupt trapos, you only need to open your eyes and ears and see that they are all over the place. They all support those who they think will will bring this country out of corruption.
    I'd have to disagree. They will never support someone who they know will put a stop to their and their families' earnings via corrupt practices. That's why if you see a clearly corrupt individual campaigning for a particular candidate, you know he/she expects to continue or increase their corrupt earnings when this candidate wins the position sought after.

By the way, what political party which has been around for at least one election does not have trapos among them?
    Exactly. And Lakas-Kampi-CMD is the one, according to them, holding 3 out 4 current government elected positions. And now how is the country in terms of corruption?

But in the end of the day, there are always fellow filipinos who see nothing wrong with GMA. It may be for them, they cleanly felt progress, transparency, non-tolerance for corruption. Or it may be they and their families lavished in earnings from corrupt practices that prevail under her watch. For them, there is nothing wrong with glorias' bet, gibo. If they have the first reason, we have to respect their choice in gibo. But let's all please be cautious of what is said by those who like gma because of the 2nd reason, and is now campaigning heavily for gibo.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    tbh, corrupt individuals is almost expected of pretty much any political party these days. besides, the military can't just budge in without "actual jurisdiction". You have to remember that according to the "investigation", most of their armaments were smuggled thus the lack of "pre-incident evidence". in fact, the presidents before GMA(and also military officers) haven't addressed the same issue even if they were aware of the ampatuans abuse of power. intel is just plain 'ole intel but insufficient without damage being already done. you've seen how the ampatuans operate. they bury the evidence. that's why it's only now that they're proven guilty since they messed up

but that's just my opinion in an arbitrary point of view.
    Last edited by safeorigin; March 3rd, 2010 at 08:39 PM.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    private armies can never be thoroughly dismantled. sa US nga eh, asa kanila nuclear bomb, spy drones and most advanced jetfighters but they still have militias in their own backyards. even the US Govt. admits that WW3 can very well be started internally dahil na nga sa presence ng Militias na ito

so don't be too hard on our govt. not having to iron hand to dismantle private armies. we can't even police our own seas kasi kulang sa navy vessels.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    private armies can never be thoroughly dismantled. sa US nga eh, asa kanila nuclear bomb, spy drones and most advanced jetfighters but they still have militias in their own backyards. even the US Govt. admits that WW3 can very well be started internally dahil na nga sa presence ng Militias na ito

so don't be too hard on our govt. not having to iron hand to dismantle private armies. we can't even police our own seas kasi kulang sa navy vessels.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Autobeat View Post
    If this was true, that would be possibly something good to hear about gibo

Definitely they tried to cover it as a legitimate purpose to inform, but c'mon, you have to question the full one minute commercial to do it? Plus time in the commercial practically wasted in a dramatic scene were after two victims asking for help turns away, a slow motion sequence of gibo is made as he slowly turns into the camera, revealing his face, then showing his name and position. Then the forcibly use of the letters T-E-O-D-O-R-O in the reminder?
    I will go with the character assessment of someone who actually worked with Gibo than a TV ad. I suppose ads can do a lot of wonders for other people or products. Some ads are well done others are not. Your detailed description of portions of the ad that hasn't been on air for sometime is intriguing and it does show your prejudgment of Gibo.

Actually I saw a footage of a mother, angered by seeing gibo doing press cons, while her 8 y.o. son was trapped in a roof surrounded by floodwaters. To her, gibo should have been working on the field, to try to make up for his agency's ill-preparedness of not even having rubber rafts. Actually, I think it was good of gibo to avoid anymore "publicity" in Ondoy, since he was getting pounded for his agency being caught flatfooted in the very preparation his early campaign "NDCC" infomercial was supposedly informing the public about.
    NDCC is there to coordinate information and resources mostly in the hand of LGUs. Most of its functions and resources had been devolved to local governments. It was created during martial law when DND's had the biggest allocation. International organization monitoring disasters and relief operations al over the world gave a positive report for the Philippine government's handling of the biggest disaster in ages. Just think of the wealthy and mighty US government handling of Katrina a calamity of much lesser magnitude. NDCC didn't do as bad.

You may want to watch the no holds barred Gibo's interview by Aljazeera.

Well definitely those (and their families) earning from corruption with the help, or silence/inaction, of a fellow corrupt person in power.
    That's why we have hypocrites who blames the ills of society on others when they should know that they're part of the problem.

I'd have to disagree. They will never support someone who they know will put a stop to their and their families' earnings via corrupt practices. That's why if you see a clearly corrupt individual campaigning for a particular candidate, you know he/she expects to continue or increase their corrupt earnings when this candidate wins the position sought after.
    These trapos will support whoever they think have the best chance of winning or where they can get the most funding if they're running themselves. And who in the world can really tell if a good man will not turn bad once he comes to power with all the privileges and allures of money and more power. Many of these corrupt people were once "good people" who were eaten alive by the corrupt system.

None of the major political parties can say that they don't have trapos let alone, corrupt people as members. Corrupt people know this political game more than us and will usually hedge their risk. Besides the whole political fraternity transcends political parties. Many of them, if convenient, will all go to the party of the new president.

Life is not as simple as black and white, unfortunately.

Exactly. And Lakas-Kampi-CMD is the one, according to them, holding 3 out 4 current government elected positions. And now how is the country in terms of corruption?
    It was actually Lakas-Kampi-CMD-NPC. Just as I've said elected officials tend to go with the incumbent President. Now even before LP had its candidate elected, with his "unbeatable" 60% survey support before, many of the members of the ruling party/ies have already jumped ship. Why? Is it because they think Noynoy will be their best option to continue their corrupt and lavish lifestyle. Maybe.

In terms of corruption, I can say that we are better off than in the times of Erap, whose minions and relatives practically consider the whole country as spoils.

But in the end of the day, there are always fellow filipinos who see nothing wrong with GMA. It may be for them, they cleanly felt progress, transparency, non-tolerance for corruption. Or it may be they and their families lavished in earnings from corrupt practices that prevail under her watch. For them, there is nothing wrong with glorias' bet, gibo. If they have the first reason, we have to respect their choice in gibo. But let's all please be cautious of what is said by those who like gma because of the 2nd reason, and is now campaigning heavily for gibo.
    The formula of GMA = Gibo has a subtle corollary of Noynoy = Ninoy + Cory. Also, GMA is evil therefore Gibo is evil and Ninoy and Cory are good therefore Noynoy is good. And if you're for Gibo you are evil and if you're for Noynoy you are good.

This is a fallacy. Not all Gibo supporters like GMA and not all those who benefited in a corrupt way under GMA is supporting Gibo, in fact, many of them are going where the surveys go because many of them don't really have much moral mooring to start with.

I really hope life is as simple as you see it, but it is not.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    tbh, that NDCC infomercial is appropriate since it was typhoon season during that time

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I hope you guys were able to watch GMA7's Kandidato show last night. If not, try finding it on youtube later this week. I doubt if any other presidential candidate can match Teodoro when it comes to being specific and making sense.

He's the right guy to fill in the Presidency for this time. He knows what to do and is ready to start from day one. I don't really understand why others don't see this.

Please, to all the doubters, take time and watch forums, interviews, and the likes to see what this man can offer to the country.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    With regards to the NDCC infomercials, at least Teodoro's informercials actually made sense and prescribed actual measures for disaster preparedness and prevention. Unlike those highly publicity driven ones from Villar and Noynoy which are too self-centered.

Looking at Villar's previous ads, all they had to say was how "good" by bringing all those abused OFWs home, and the "Akala mo" ads that were nothing more than a praise song for him.

Noynoy's main ad before was the one with celebrities and torches. Aside from it's "symbolic" message, it's nothing more than a hype.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by kotiko View Post
    I hope you guys were able to watch GMA7's Kandidato show last night. If not, try finding it on youtube later this week. I doubt if any other presidential candidate can match Teodoro when it comes to being specific and making sense.

He's the right guy to fill in the Presidency for this time. He knows what to do and is ready to start from day one. I don't really understand why others don't see this.

Please, to all the doubters, take time and watch forums, interviews, and the likes to see what this man can offer to the country.
    although i'm for gordon, i've heard a lot of good things about gibo specifically the way he answers questions straight to the point. and the only time i was able to watch him answer a question live is probably the only time i've heard a non-trapo answer.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    well, tbh it's the trapo candidates themselves who perpetuate political dynasty(by technical definition) yet they are hypocritically against it.

/facepalm

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
So why Gibo?