New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    In no particular order.

1. Ruffy Biazon - 3 termed congressman, passed numerous laws most notably the magna carta for homeowners, and the internal displacement act. Unlike his father he not really that associated with the military. I'd like to see what he can do.

2. Pia Cayetano - Too many cayetano's in the Senate? I don't seem to mind. Just watching her in the debates makes her a promising future veep contender. Notable laws passed by her is the Cheaper Medicines act (one amendment she is credited for is removal of VAT for senior citizens). She is also credited for Renewable Energy Act of 2008. You better watch this lady.

3. Joey De Venecia - The only candidate so far that has a focus on Information Technology so far. I usually vote not because your somebody's son. In this case, If I was that kind of voter he will be at a very big disadvantage. Fortunately for him I listen on the issues. +1 on no new taxes, +1 again on Universal health care position.

4. Miriam Defensor-Santiago - I have a love/hate relationship with this lady in terms of her politics and choice of political allies. But the senate will be absolutely dull without her. Interestingly, despite of this idiosyncrasy, the Senator from Iloilo managed to file 1/5 of the total bills passed by the 13th congress. Making her among the top hardworking senators in this batch. She is known to be a top brass fiscalizer and has uncovered a lot of anomalies in government such as the Road Users Tax scandal. I support Senate Bill No. 1757, or the Clear Sidewalks Act of 2009 which she co-authored with Sen. Aquino. +1 again for devoting her entire pork barrel to institutions such as the PGH, rather than re-allocate the fund back to the president. Other notable laws passed by Santiago will be the Seatbelt, Anti-Rape law of 1997. She also sponsored the anti-billboard law but was killed in the House of Representatives due to intense lobbying by private companies benefiting from billboard ads.

5. TG Guingona - I also believe that national budget should be posted online and also audited with the most strict standards. So this vote is precisely because of that stance. Will he deliver? Hope so.

6. Risa Hontiveros - few knows this but she is one of the main authors of the increased tax exemption for individual earners. Unfortunately the 150,000 exemption originally written was watered down as the bill passed the committee of ways and means the exemption has been limited to 50,000 per household with 4 children. She plans to push for the original bill once given a senate seat. Risa is also noted for her anti-administration positions.

7. Liza Maza - There isn't lacking in women in the Senate. What is lacking though is a counter to Miriam's humongous megaphone of a mouth. Liza Maza is a potential balance to the often Pro-Admin stance of the Ilongga senator. I'd love to see them clash! Liza is notable for her speeches are purely spoken in the most traditional activist way -- malalim na tagalog. I doubt Miriam would ever understand her though.

8. Sonia Roco - I'd like an educator in the Senate. One who will ensure our education system gets updated. I'm unsure how she will do this, I honestly think the deceased Roco was a total waste of talent. But she seems to be a departure from the traditional politicians so I'm willing to give her a vote.

9. Adel Tamano - Mindanao now has a very interesting, young and potentially electrifying candidate in their hands. It will be nice if he mediate in the peace process by quitting his day job as Belo's consort.

10. Gilbert Remulla - it will be interesting if he wins. Chiz will surely have someone put him in his place. The young Remulla is one feisty mean propagandist. He will have a bright future ahead of him as long as he distances himself from his own clan and also try to avoid the Ampatuans.

11. Johnny Enrile - Manong Johnny is an old geezer who knows how to please the public with populist laws and measures. He did not survive 44 years in RP politics for nothing. This man is a trooper and as a retirement gift I'd give him just 1 more shot at it. Manong, gusto ko rin happy ka.

12. Bong-Bong Marcos - This is definitely a gamble. However, I truly don't believe in the saying, "kung ano ang puno ay sya ring bunga". If an Aquino will be a sitting President, I'd like at least one Marcos in the senate ready to give privileged speeches just to balance things a bit. I saw what he did in Ilocos and personally I think he will be more useful in the executive position rather than one of the 24 senators. If he loses this election, will Aquino make an unprecedented move to appoint him as a Cabinet secretary (Marcos in DOE?) will he accept it? Why not. Could be improbable out of delicadeza but then again in Philippine politics alliances change as often they change bed sheets.

All in all 7 men and 5 women. I only voted for 3 re-electionists.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    This year's crop of Sentaroiables sucks IMO. Halos puro basura... I will not be able to complete a Magic 12 list baka at most 4 lang iboboto ko...

Its Ralph Recto, Adel Tamano, Miriam Defensor Santiago, Juan Ponce Enrile

Pero baka 3 na lang kasi I am not 100% kay Enrile...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Arranged alphabetically.

1. Cayetano - Very productive and had passed a lot of laws with regards to the rights of women and children.
    2. Lambino - Well versed in the Constitution, can contribute greatly if we undergo revisions in the Constitution. (And, he's a good friend and supporter of Gibo)
    3. Marcos - Has matured a lot since the days of his father. And, maybe he'll return some of our wealth if elected!
    4. Defensor-Santiago - Obviously a real bright woman of her generation.
    5. Mitra - Seems to be a principled man with good background, although he fumbled in the latest Harapan debate mainly 'cause he doesn't seem to be used to the spotlight.

That's all! Under consideration: Ople, Tamano, Palparan.

Why I won't vote for the others:
    1. Ocampo/Maza/Hontiveros - Pampagulo, walang gawin kung hindi magpaka-oposisyon, mga comunista.
    2. De Venecia - Haven't you guys heard the wiretapped conversations of him and Lozada? Enough reason not to vote for him.
    3. Querubin - Although he has very good military record, we can't afford to have another senator sitting on a bench behind bars.
    4. Lim - He's a destabilizer. Let's not tolerate military adventurism.
    5. Recto - Just another political opportunist.
    6. Enrile - Oh please, Manong Johnny, mag-retire ka na. When I used to watch live ANC senate hearings, medyo slow na siya.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ^^ Palagay ko sa bagong administration, lalaya na yang sina Trillanes, Querubin & Lim. Ewan ko lang si Lacson kung babalik na after May 10. Pero kung si Erap ang manalo, baka forever nang di bumalik.......

From the surveys, 4 na artista ang pasok sa Senado:

- Bong R.
    - Junggoy E.
    - Leon Guerrero :suka:
    - Tito Payaso

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    ^^ Palagay ko sa bagong administration, lalaya na yang sina Trillanes, Querubin & Lim. Ewan ko lang si Lacson kung babalik na after May 10. Pero kung si Erap ang manalo, baka forever nang di bumalik.......

From the surveys, 4 na artista ang pasok sa Senado:

- Bong R.
    - Junggoy E.
    - Leon Guerrero :suka:
    - Tito Payaso

O, iboboto, o naiboto mo na ba sila....

9808:goodluck:

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ^^ Naku! Hindi po.

Si Imelda Papin ibinoto ko......

(joke!)

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    wala pa ako maisip kung sino sa kanila.... its either may alam kang baho or neverheard yun candidate....

pero in fairness kay jinggoy ha! aliw na aliw ako sa commercial niya! pag binaligtad mo yun J sa JINGGOY parang UNGGOY hehehehe!

8. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    basta i'll vote yung hindi power hungry...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    for me, si jinggoy mukang most improved and seryoso sa kayang trabaho among the celeb senators di tulad dati parang a-anga anga..

iboboto ko rin lahat ng tv journalists- wala lang para manahimik sila:
    kata inocencio - kamuka ni ali sotto
    alex tinsay - of gma7 para may katuturan ang tinagal-tagal niya sa station
    rey langit - for him to get over Reyster's passing.. it was too devastating for him..

i dont think i can complete 12..

I dont like hontiveros kasi yung pamaraan niya ng kampanya masyadong trapo for a supposed radical leftist..
    boboto ko sana si satur kaso sa debate kay palparan eh i though he would say something smart..eh wala ampao pala ang lolo niyo! i thought he would pull out an ak-47 and shoot everyone in sight at the mention of him being still being an NPA!
    isa pa si Recto - how "t.op.a.k." can one get!
    I also think sayang lang boto sa mga military coup dudes.. look at trillanes..

.. A govt position cannot make you into a superhero magically overnight kahit anong posisyon yan..! kung ano ka dati ganon ka pa rin

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I hope it's allowed. Anyway, it's a soft sell ...

Please consider voting for Sonia Roco & Ana Theresia Hontiveros (haba ano?) for Senator. They are within reach of the Magic 12 & are surely more qualified than many of those who are already in. Maybe also add Serge Osmena? -- just to make sure. Im just voting for the 3 so they can climb the ladder better.

Kayo? May senatoriable ba kayo within a few places of the magic 12 who deserves to be in?

Puwera sana yung nasa top 8 na o yung nasa above 20 ... for pragmatic reasons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast