New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



View Poll Results: Will you vote for the administration bet, Gibo?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    46 53.49%
  • No

    34 39.53%
  • Undecided

    6 6.98%
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 265
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    524
    #101
    Quote Originally Posted by sgt_taga View Post
    hmmm difficult to reconcile this with the success of olongapo and attitude of its locals. tsk tsk
    Comparing Olongapo with the Philippines is like putting a square peg in a round hole. It doesn't match. Kung success story din lang e di si duterte na lang ang gawin nating presidente. Successful talaga!

  2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    625
    #102
    Quote Originally Posted by tabularasa View Post
    Comparing Olongapo with the Philippines is like putting a square peg in a round hole. It doesn't match. Kung success story din lang e di si duterte na lang ang gawin nating presidente. Successful talaga!
    ... hehehe kaso di siya tumatakbo eh.

    btw, no one's comparing Gapo with the whole of Phils. Err... at least, not me. Just saying that it's a big question mark to have a successful area of responsibility with its leader lacking in the basic leadership traits. That is "like putting a square peg in a round hole."

  3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,721
    #103
    Why focus always with Gapo. Red Cross and the Tourism Dept. are National in Scope. Poor Noynoy he can't even be a good servant to his district.

  4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,682
    #104
    Quote Originally Posted by tabularasa View Post
    Comparing Olongapo with the Philippines is like putting a square peg in a round hole. It doesn't match. Kung success story din lang e di si duterte na lang ang gawin nating presidente. Successful talaga!
    From running Davao kaya niya kaya maging president ng bansa?

  5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,267
    #105
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    Why focus always with Gapo. Red Cross and the Tourism Dept. are National in Scope. Poor Noynoy he can't even be a good servant to his district.
    amen. and don't talk about charm and inspiration. because those are ninoy's and cory's. and values? nah. did even have a big responsibility to show his true values. oops! wrong thread.

  6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    494
    #106
    Quote Originally Posted by tabularasa View Post
    The problem with your premise is you're making a false assumption that a person is incompetent. Everyone is competent, it is his values that would be determinative of whether he or she would do good for the country. Gibo has no strong values that would satisfy me as a voter because he himself betrayed the party that led him to the corridors of power. He is a subtle power grabber no different from GMA. As long as opportunity would give him the upperhand, he would abandon those who helped him.
    Erap competent? Yes, he does have competence in so many fields of endeavor, but competencies necessary as president of a republic such as ours, I don't think so. He is a very competent actor (by Philippine standard) maybe competent enough as small town mayor. But unless you find his lamentable 2 year term as President as demonstrative of competence for the highest position in the land, he is obviously not.

    We as a nation deserve and require so much more. Don't settle for less or even the least competent (to follow your logic that all are competent) simply because the guy is charming or is of good pedigree. We're not voting for PBB or choosing a show dog.

  7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    524
    #107
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wrider View Post
    Erap competent? Yes, he does have competence in so many fields of endeavor, but competencies necessary as president of a republic such as ours, I don't think so. He is a very competent actor (by Philippine standard) maybe competent enough as small town mayor. But unless you find his lamentable 2 year term as President as demonstrative of competence for the highest position in the land, he is obviously not.

    We as a nation deserve and require so much more. Don't settle for less or even the least competent (to follow your logic that all are competent) simply because the guy is charming or is of good pedigree. We're not voting for PBB or choosing a show dog.
    Competence is a relative term. A leader who may be successful in Olongapo or Subic will not necessarily succeed in leading 80 million people. GMA is competent as well as Marcos. But where do you put in the equation the longing of the Filipinos for justice and freedom. hence, in practical terms, one should be guided by his values and sense of being simple and one who can touch the hearts of every citizen across economic status.

  8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,994
    #108
    Quote Originally Posted by tabularasa View Post
    Competence is a relative term. A leader who may be successful in Olongapo or Subic will not necessarily succeed in leading 80 million people.
    so... a congressman who hasn't done much in his designated district can succeed in leading 80 million people?

    But where do you put in the equation the longing of the Filipinos for justice and freedom.
    supreme court?

    1. Appoint the Cabinet and other executive officials as well as ambassadors and officers of the Armed Forces;
    2. Control all executive departments;
    3. Command the Armed Forces and when necessary call them out to supress lawless violence;
    4. Grant reprieves and commutations;
    5. Submit to Congress the Budget; and
    6. Contract or guarantee foreign loans.
    don't see any judicial functions there
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

  9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    524
    #109
    Quote Originally Posted by safeorigin View Post
    so... a congressman who hasn't done much in his designated district can succeed in leading 80 million people?


    supreme court?


    don't see any judicial functions there
    Ha ha ha. It seems you have been living all your life in the comfort of your airconditioned room. You thought that the word justice is always equivalent to supreme court. Well, there are people who are poor and who needs work, that my dear is one aspect called social justice. Giving more to those who have less. There is also justice in education when most of the kids are not given the proper educational skills in elementary and high school to make them productive members of society. There is also labor justice when working class should receive the minimum living wage and not just minimum wage. Writing and reading are two different activities. It is necessary to enhance the second one so that we can decide intelligently and not write meaningless issues and thus waste not our time.

  10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,994
    #110
    Quote Originally Posted by tabularasa View Post
    stuff
    so were any of these addressed with actual results by Noynoy?

    It is necessary to enhance the second one so that we can decide intelligently and not write meaningless issues and thus waste not our time.
    Дa, agreed. glad you mentioned that because you should realize this is a thread about Gibo
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
So why Gibo?