New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Entertaining movie naman (twists, action scenes, mystery solving). Never read the book, but previously heard some stuff already from folks who read already. Watched lang with the thought na its fiction and not a claim/belief that was being preached. I still pray the same as before watching. Wouldn't know lang nga the effect to those without a strong religious foundation yet.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the movie is a bit boring... not much action...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Autobeat
    Entertaining movie naman (twists, action scenes, mystery solving). Never read the book, but previously heard some stuff already from folks who read already.
    I also found the movie entertaining just like the book.
    ...but some other interesting explainations on Da Vinci's paintings didn't make it to the (149min) movie version.

Quote Originally Posted by wulf
    isn't that the smart car? formerly swatch car,made by DaimlerChrysler
    Yes, its a Smart Fortwo, it appears to be the higher spec model with a stronger 61PS engine and 15inch alloy wheels.

Its powered by a 698cc turbocharged inline-3
    Max Power 61 PS * 5250 rpm
    Max torque 95 Nm * 2000-4000 rpm
    Drive rear-wheel drive
    GearBox 6 Auto
    Curb weight 730 kg
    Top speed 135 km/h
    Acceleration 0-100 km/h 15.5 sec

*base model has a 50PS engine

Smart GmbH is still part of DaimlerChrysler.
    Smart GmbH was fromerly known as MCC(Micro Compact Car) Smart, originally a joint venture Between Swatch and Mercedes, but after encountering some problems/heavy losses Smart pulled out of the venture.
    Last edited by AG4; May 20th, 2006 at 10:07 PM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    just watched the movie and im impressed, pero bakit hindi pinakita yung mickey mouse na relo ni langdon?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkaboy
    just watched the movie and im impressed, pero bakit hindi pinakita yung mickey mouse na relo ni langdon?

hehe... yun lang ba yung di pinakita from the book? :D

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by loader97
    And if after reading or watching the "...Code", they have a strong urge to question their faith then maybe their faith wasn't strong enough to begin with.

definitely!!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    sa book nagka-inlove-an si Langdon saka si Sophie. that is like falling in-love to Jesus' bloodline.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    kala ko si Silas yung guy sa scream at wicker park.Siya pala yugn leading man ni kristen dunst sa wimbledon :D

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    OT, di ba yung angels and demons, prequel yun ng da vinci code right?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    very disturbing yun walang cup. because according to Da vinci, the cup only symbolises the inverted pyramid or a woman, in this case, Mary Magdalene.

During supper Jesus took bread, broke it , and gave to his disciples with the words: ‘Take this and eat; this is my body.’ (Matthew 26:26). Then he took a cup with wine and offered it to the disciples: 'Drink from it, all of you. For this is my blood, the blood of the covenant, shed for many for the forgiveness of sins. I tell you, never again shall I drink from this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in the kingdom of my Father.' (Matthew 26:27- 29).
    it's like saying that Jesus shared Mary Magdalene sa apostles like some orgy coz according to Da vinci, Mary magdalene is the blood. we should really approach this with caution coz I'm beginning to believe than this Dan Brown character is a perverted individual, for even associating the Last Supper symbolisms with Da Vinci's painting of Last Supper.

Good thing the Last Supper Painting we have in the dining room, has a cup and the person on the right side is a man, probably John himself.

Da Vinci, himself, or should I say herself, is controversial. some scholars believe that Da Vinci is a woman bec. of her self-portrait of the Mona Lisa. Perhaps, she was irked by the fact that no female was present in the greatest dinner ever told.

Da Vinci Code