New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OTO: hehehe

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    my only problem with this is that catholicism and christianity in general is an easy target because of it's high tolerance for things that attack it .. turn the other cheek kung baga .. not to say that it's a perfect religion .. but i would rather that fiction stay away from religion, any religion, at that unless they want to educate .. i have yet to see a film about mohammed or buddha ..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    buddha? hehe madami na...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpink
    my only problem with this is that catholicism and christianity in general is an easy target because of it's high tolerance for things that attack it .. turn the other cheek kung baga .. not to say that it's a perfect religion .. but i would rather that fiction stay away from religion, any religion, at that unless they want to educate .. i have yet to see a film about mohammed or buddha ..
    Western society makes films like the Da Vinci Code possible. If a local production did a film similar to the Da Vinci Code Manila MAyor... something something would ban it as ****ograph. The Roman Catholic Church is pretty tolerant of the film but the Christian fundamentalists are all up in arms. Looney Tunes to the max.

Again it's all about the money. ;) We all know religion is a great money making tax-free venture. Save souls while making the down payment for a home in Forbes, Dasma & Ayala Alabang.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Basta, ke ma-ban ke hindi, parehong may maaapektuhan. Alam na ngang ganon ang content, bakit panonoorin pa? Tapos magrereklamo kesyo ganito kesyo ganon. Ano kaya yon? You have a choice. You have to use your brain (or what's left of it) to make that choice.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by picantorange
    Basta, ke ma-ban ke hindi, parehong may maaapektuhan. Alam na ngang ganon ang content, bakit panonoorin pa? Tapos magrereklamo kesyo ganito kesyo ganon. Ano kaya yon? You have a choice. You have to use your brain (or what's left of it) to make that choice.
    In a very ambigious way you make sense. Basta ganun.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by picantorange

that is true to yourself kasi may sarili ka na pag-iisip at may faith ka na. pero pano yun iba may mababaw na pananaw. in case you dont know, the Philippines is very rich with these types of people. hindi pa kasama yun mga teenagers na puwede maapektuhan ng ganitong paniniwala, dahil sa murang kaisipan.

it's like the Jose Rizal subject. most pinoys like to remember Rizal more as the greatest charmer and lover of many women (ika nga di lang pang-local, united nations of women pa ). and I'm very sure isang napakagaling na role model ni Rizal sa mga henerasyon ng pinoy noon at ngaun. kitang-kita naman eh hehehe. mas madami panganay kaysa bunso.

eh kung pati ba naman si Jesus Christ eh pinalalabas na nagkalat ng lahi at nakikipag-orgy with his apostles. imagine na lang natin kung ano takbo ng isip ng mga jologs na tambay sa kanto na na sumisitsit sa mga gf nyo na makakapanood ng da vinci code.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTO
    Watched the movie and it's a nice piece of fiction. It would fool weak minded people into believing it is real. I found it hilarious to see all these study groups advertisments on how to debunk Da Vinci Code. Pera na naman...
    The more they complained the more it became more popular...

From some mature catholics....
    "The CBCP(Catholic Bishops' Conference of the Philippines) has a review committee that reviews films, and the review was R(18). But even before this, like a month before, the Bishop's conference already had been talking about this and we were saying that the film is fiction; the novel is also fiction where it was taken from. And we're not calling for banning it, except that we were giving caution to those who will view the film to be mature enough to understand that it's only a movie.
    -excerpt from channelnewsasia
    “Christianity is exactly the same. The Church is still as it was before,” said Lingayen-Dagupan Archbishop Oscar Cruz, former president of the Catholic Bishops Conference of the Philippines.

“After so much international hype and so much local fuss, the ‘Da Vinci Code’ film is now seen as a non-issue. There was so much debate, worry and reservation over nothing,” he said Sunday.
    -excerpt from Inq7.net

About the Manila city council decision vs the Catholic Church authority...
    excerpt taken from pia.gov.ph "Da Vinci Code "a thriller, that's all," says archbishop"
    TO a liberal-minded Church authority, the controversial The Da Vinci Code novel – now with a movie version – is nothing but an entertaining thriller.

Lingayen-Dagupan Archbishop Oscar Cruz said he saw nothing wrong with either reading the novel or seeing its movie version. He said he had read the book and found no offensive material to the Church. “It was a novel, a fiction, a thriller,” he said, admitting that he was entertained too as he read the book in just a short time.

Contrary to his view, some so-called moralists in the Catholic Church sought for the banning of the movie in Philippine theaters. The Manila city council at presstime was reported to have passed a resolution seeking to prohibit the showing of the movie in city movie houses.

Cruz said he respected such move but called it anyway as “an overreaction.”
    overreaction indeed.

excerpt taken from (Inquirer)High Ground : Relevance, not ‘The Da Vinci Code,’ is the real problem
    by By William Esposo
    PERHAPS nothing can be “more popish than the Pope” than when political figures try to assume the robes of the spiritual leader of the flock. This was what was communicated by the many eyebrows raised upon the City Council of Manila’s decision to ban the film “The Da Vinci Code” from showing in any of its movie houses.
    Just who do the Manila city councilors think they are and just what exactly do they think they are doing?
    But in the case of the Manila City Council, we cannot see a semblance of justification for their banning of “The Da Vinci Code” from all Manila theatres. How can anyone justify that ban when the Catholic Church itself and the Opus Dei wanted to allow the film’s exhibition?

The Catholic Church and the Opus Dei should be the ones to raise a howl since the film’s storyline (and the Dan Brown novel) had cast both the Opus Dei and the Vatican as sinister Catholic organizations.
    Last edited by AG4; June 20th, 2006 at 03:48 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Check out the Philippines' very own wikipedia article on all the sourpussing over Da Vinci Code http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Da_...he_Philippines

My thoughts with the Manila City Council, Mayor & Congressman Bienvenido Abante Jr. is this, guys resign, you're an embarassment to 21st Century Christianity. To those who elected these people into office, go back to school because you're a bunch of morons for putting them there. This is the height of pandering to the constituents.
    Last edited by OTO; June 20th, 2006 at 04:07 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    ^ Yes, yes. All political figures have a sub-120 IQ. It has become a pseudo requirement to run for public office.

oldblue, hindi ko alam kung ano ang implications if ever maniwala sila don sa pinanood nila maliban sa example mo about the GF absurdly wandering streets where standers by gather. Well, there's also the chance that after this, a handful might abandon Catholicism at mabawasan ang kita ng simbahan kada misa. But so what? Yun ang gusto nilang paniwalaan e. E di yon ang paniwalaan nila. Everyone has the freedom to choose. Sadly though, not everyone can exercise this freedom.

Basta.

No one can blame the movie for feeding them wrong information. If anyone could, I'd blame my lola for shoving Catholicism down my throat.
    Last edited by picantorange; June 21st, 2006 at 07:11 PM.

Da Vinci Code