New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Haven't watched the movie yet. But I liked the novel. In fact, I liked Dan Browns style well enough to buy two of his other paperback novels: Angels and Demons and Deception Point.

My thoughts on the movie and the book Da Vinci Code:

It is an attack on one's religion, whether the author intended to or not. Consider that in daily life, not every joke you hear is funny, and you might react in a hostile manner. Some pranks played on you by friends can even enfuriate you. But why be angry and worse be violent when they were just joking, right?

If you can bristle over some harmless jokes and pranks, how much more for your faith which is more serious? Kahit ano pa po sabihin na ficton lang 'yan, it is portraying that Jesus was married to Magdalene. This is not so in the four Gospels which is the bedrock of faith of millions of people. To have your treasured faith treated in such a manner will sting. I was stung myself but I got over it. You understand of course that not everybody can be so tolerant. To get an idea why this is a big deal...

Imagine a movie work of fiction where the Prophet Muhammad was portrayed a janitor. Sa filming pa lamang siguro, suicide bombings and beheadings left and right na mangyayari.

And also some sector maybe so angry for the popularity of this book and movie because Dan Brown made a lot of money from it while irritating them.

Sa tagalog, nakapang-inis ka na, kumita ka pa. Paanong hindi magalit ang iba nyan?

Memo to Dan Brown, spread the wealth around=).

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Right on bro....maybe he could start with a few dollars sent to our pitiful kababayan in Pangasinan....the one posted here * tsikot a couple of days ago asking for some financial help.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May % naman makukuha si Brown sa sine, so the outright 6M isn't much, parang permission payment lang...

Laking tulong din sa Louvre yung book, laging attraction mga areas na binanggit sa book.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    the producers can give a portion of the proceeds to the Vatican. yun yun aggrieved party eh hehehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yaman yaman ng vatican eh hehe

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    saw the movie last night. but i didn't like it as much as the book. maybe because i read the book first before watching the movie.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    saw the movie last night. but i didn't like it as much as the book. maybe because i read the book first before watching the movie. audrey tautou is real pretty though

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    the producers can give a portion of the proceeds to the Vatican. yun yun aggrieved party eh hehehe
    Tsiken ped lang ang millions sa vatican...I want to see Inside the Vatican movie kung meron.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    read the book, saw the movie, one word...awesome=)

yes it does talk about the belief in religion, though thats the writers fictinional perception, however if your faith is that strong, no dan brown could shatter it=)

overall the movie is good, it gives a nice thrill and suspense, well, just like the book, though the ending is a bit shallow, indi siya climactic ending...

???bakit gusto patayin ng vault keeper si sophie, dahil lolo niya si saunier, bakit gusto niya kill saunier, to protect the revelation, kasi yun box ang key?

Da Vinci Code