New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Eismann: No bro, not offended at all hehe... I don't think you offended anyone... Don't even mind my ramblings hehe. Discussion lang naman eh...

With controversies kasi simple lang sakin... If it's totally untrue, there's no need to make noise just to defend yourself, coz ika nga "the truth will set you free..."

If you make so much effort to protest someone's claims it boils down to "why are you being so defensive?"

That's how I look at it...

Kinda like yung depiction ng mga pari as molesters dun sa movie ni Richard Gere at ni Edward Norton.... kaya ba di nagka"uprising" dahil fact yun? But that doesn't mean all of the priests are...

At the end of the day, it's Fiction...

Much like how Homer Simpson views Christianity, or SouthPark views the Mormons, etc etc. To react to something that trivial in such a scale is shallow, in my opinion...

The Muslims must be snickering right now, the way the Christians were during the cartoon fiasco...

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Thanks bro....
    I like SIMPSONS...a very intelligent cartoon show which is parang not for kids...I use to watch it with my 7 year old son and there was a scene in our recent tv watching where Homer, in the interest of SAFETY FOR THE KIDS AT HOME covered all the pointed ends of a Hindu goddess with eight hands........and he collected fees from the Hindu owners.....funny and intelligent and most of all fiction!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy Torotot
    in my experience, the book is always so much better than the movie. never have i encountered yong mas maganda yong movie - from john grisham's novels to tom clancy's and ludlum's - the movie version had always been a disappointment compared to the novel. i assume da vinci code would be the same.
    sabi din ng hunny ko yan,mahirap din kasi isiksik lahat sa movie yung mga important details lalo na limited yung oras...bukas pa kami manunuod..grabe wednesday pa kami bumili ng ticket at ang mahal sa gb3 P170.. take advantage na ata..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Grabe mahal ng ticket... check ko nga sa Sta. Lu kung magkano hehe...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rsnald
    Eismann... I wonder if you were already old enough to have watched "The Last Tempatation of Christ" before. It was shown almost 20 years ago, 1988 to be exact. That movie was more blasphemous that this Da vinci code. pinakita si Jesus dun na mahina...having human weaknesses and even carnal desires for Mary Magdalene. Back then, it also generated a lot of criticism and backlash from so called devout catholics...pero just the same, napanood pa rin sya at wala namang naging Iglesia ng Last Temptation. google mo na lang siguro para malaman mo sinasabi ko.
    Galit na galit si Manoling sa pelikulang yan. As far as that movie is concerned, in the end, Christ chose to go with the Divine Plan rather than give in to the temptations of being mortal. The story was the final test, and as expected, Jesus passed with flying colors.

Fanatics who call for the head of Dan Brown for portraying Jesus as a mortal don't seem to realize that the Bible itself was the first to do so. Particular evidence is Mark 14:36, depicting Christ's agony in the garden of Gethsemane: "And he said, Abba, Father, all things [are] possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt." This indicates that, even for a brief moment, Jesus himself exhibited the human traits of doubt, hesitation and fear when it came to the Father's Divine Plan, but ultimately realizes the value of the role he must assume for humanity's salvation.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; May 19th, 2006 at 08:50 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Lalim ah hehehe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Eismann
    Put your self in the shoes of the Opus Dei or the Catholic Leadership in Rome...those depicted or implied here in this movie to have been capable of commiting murder just to "protect the secret of the grail". The least that the movie owner could do is to put a fiction disclaimer to protect the decency and moreso the sanctity of the people or organizations mentioned. To some extent, what they did was even blasphemous.
    THINK AGAIN.....
    Hindi ba sinabi naman ni Tom Hanks sa movie na hindi lahat ng Opus Dei ay ganun. May adjective siyang ginamit. 'Fascist' ba? Not very sure (english kasi ).

Parang yung mga Muslim extremists sa pelikula. They are not representative of your average Islamic fellow.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    basta all religions have their extremists/fascists, doesn't mean they're characteristic of every member/believer...g'night guys

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebony
    Is this for me ba? PM your e-mail addy to me. And I'm a girl po.
    hi sis,

my email add is qtr20_4*yahoo.com

thanks

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    [QUOTE=Eismann]
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    Why do you even need to put a disclaimer, are people THAT DUMB? Do you need to put that People Can't Fly after showing Superman?

Clarification: Fiction disclaimer is something you see in the end saying that the persons and scenes shown does not in any way depict the real persons and scenes living or dead.

Put your self in the shoes of the Opus Dei or the Catholic Leadership in Rome...those depicted or implied here in this movie to have been capable of commiting murder just to "protect the secret of the grail". The least that the movie owner could do is to put a fiction disclaimer to protect the decency and moreso the sanctity of the people or organizations mentioned. To some extent, what they did was even blasphemous.

THINK AGAIN.....

me naman *eismann, I kinda like the idea of the Vatican sending off assassins or that term "soldiers of God". there are too many demons in these world and I think this Dan Brown is one of them.

akala ko pa naman kung ano na i-reveal nito Da Vinci code. it's nothing but an author's impure thoughts about Jesus Christ and his alleged ***ual relationship with Mary Magdalene. kahit yun mga jologs sa squatter baka naiisip din yan noon pa at ginawan ng storya and now he's making money out of it.

mas lalo pa nakakaasar na claim nya na Magdalene was to setup the Church of Christ and not Peter. yun pala Church eh lahi ni Jesus Christ. grabe sobrang dumi ng utak nitong Author na'to.

Da Vinci Code