New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    3 bangko na kaya ni-reject ko kaya sa auto loan. maganda kasi credit standing since nag-business ako. mga bank managers ko automatic ako i-apply sa mga auto loans ako nag-rereject. ayaw ko na bumili ng tsikot.

the problem today kasi eh nyo ba alam. remember, the oil/fuel hike last 2008. then apply nila sa bigas and other staple foods. then sa fastfood, imagine two piece chicken at P140, eh dati 85 lang yun.

eto yun tinatawag na bubble bursting like the internet bubble burst. and ina-aaply nila sa mga tsikot kaya sobrang overpriced mga tsikot ngaun sobra. kasi dami kumikita sa call center ngaun gusto magka-tsikot. all they do is test the bubble kung hanggang san bibili ang tao ng mga tsikot, imagine a fortuner at 1.7M. 1.2M kaya nagsimula yan

bakit ako magpapaloko bumili ngaun knowing that the bubble will burst? in the end, it will be china who will dictate car prices.
    Sir...you think there will come a time na baba pa ang presyo ng mga kotse? Diba prices goes down if may ipapalit na silang bagong unit. You mean to say it's not worth it to purchase a vehicle ngayon?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Hi c2c,

The older Sorento (My Sorento, hehe), is a traditional ladder on frame chassis vehicle compared with the new, which has a monocoque frame design, which would mean that the latter will have a friendlier car like ride. Though the older sorento, has always been referred to as a rugged vehicle designed for country going rides. But what I like (me thinks) about this new Sorento is its new design and the new 6 speed auto trans mated with the newer engine. So far, there has been several good reviews on the new Sorento as well.

So far, haven't had any major flaws with my old trusty Sorento, you just have to make sure that you follow the preventive maintenance scheds, other than change oils (I even use only mineral based oils), I have religiously followed the change fuel filter intervals and the air filters as well..

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by xander1925 View Post
    Baka naman ang tinanggal eh yung Ven sa 3rd row and hindi yung sa 2nd? Kasi yung 3rd row may separate controls eh...
    pa ulit ulit ko tinanong yung dealer eh .. and he was reading the fax from Korea when I asked ... mukangwala rin sa 2nd row yung vents talga eh ...

sana meron .. sana nagkamali lang sya .. laking bagay yun eh ..para hindi na lumapit ang mga ulo ng bata sa gitna para lang maka sagap ng buga ng A/C pag bagong pasok sa auto at galing sa parada sa labas na saksakan ng init

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gregg_g View Post
    Hi c2c,

The older Sorento (My Sorento, hehe), is a traditional ladder on frame chassis vehicle compared with the new, which has a monocoque frame design, which would mean that the latter will have a friendlier car like ride. Though the older sorento, has always been referred to as a rugged vehicle designed for country going rides. But what I like (me thinks) about this new Sorento is its new design and the new 6 speed auto trans mated with the newer engine. So far, there has been several good reviews on the new Sorento as well.

So far, haven't had any major flaws with my old trusty Sorento, you just have to make sure that you follow the preventive maintenance scheds, other than change oils (I even use only mineral based oils), I have religiously followed the change fuel filter intervals and the air filters as well..
    I have test driven the older Sorento at Kia Marikina, it was actually for sale, tes drive unit.. that is what we are suppose to buy..kasi na inlove kami ni misis sa ride... during that time naka display din ang bagong Sorento.. kaso sabi ko kay misis kahit yung luma na lang para makatipid tutal Casa maintained at talagang halos parang bago pa rin. Driving the old one was a very great experience.. ang sarap dalhin.. it was the 4x4 EX CRDi unit, yung top of the line....

Nung mag dodown na kami nang reservation fee na 10k, 10 minutes bago kami dumating may nag down nang 100k.... naunahan kami... and thats when we decided to test drive the 2010 SOrento... same experience sa ride... and para mawala sama nang loob ni misis sa pagkakawala sa amin nung older unit.. we decided to get the new one... and now we are both very happy...

Katatapos ko lang mag car wash ngayon sa kainitan nang araw.. ha ha ha.... di ko na ulit uulitin ha ha ha... ang inet sobra ha ha ha. Ayaw ko pang pa car wash sa iba... minsan kasi pabaya mga car wsh boys baka magasgasan he he he

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by c2c View Post
    Sir...you think there will come a time na baba pa ang presyo ng mga kotse? Diba prices goes down if may ipapalit na silang bagong unit. You mean to say it's not worth it to purchase a vehicle ngayon?

the only reason why cars srps are appreciating so much these days (and also the reason why CAMPI is posting sales growth) is bec. car dealers have become generous in low-downs.

for a mere 30K, puwede ka na magkaroon ng entry level sedan. and so what they do is to translate the surge in demand to sales growth, hence, car manufacturers are being led to believe that the Philippines is a car investment haven.

it's like subprime. it's being applied here na

now the question is what happens in 2-3 yrs. from now, kung mag-default ang payment ng say 40% lang ng mga low-downs. ang mangyayari dyan the 2nd hand car market will be flooded with remata vehicles.

kahit san mo tignan win-win sila. they are able to raise their prices on a 3-month basis and still the pinoys will buy bec. of low-downs. pag na-remata, they get back the car from you (and kanila na yun down + hulog mo), and the resale value of the remata car is still ok kasi nga by that time mas mataas na ulit ang presyo ng tsikot.

say for example, a Fortuner owner who bought at 1.2M way back 2005, can still sell at 1M or 1.1M kahit na 5 years na fort nya kasi magkano na ba entry level fort ngaun 1.4M-1.5M na

galing no? that's why if you're going to buy today, buy bec. it's a keeper car for 10 yrs or so. i see a sudden big drop of car prices in the not so distant future. the influx of 2nd hand + brand new cars can only go as the bubble permits it. pag nag-burst yan nakow.

kita mo america ngaun

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Thanks Gen. Miting....very well explained

Xander....kung nakakapag salita lang ang tsikot mo...umangal na yan...masyadong nabebaby na siya daw e ang brusko pa naman ng dating niya. hahahhaha!!!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    how much is ex 7 seater if u deposit right now?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Thanks Gen. Miting....very well explained

Xander....kung nakakapag salita lang ang tsikot mo...umangal na yan...masyadong nabebaby na siya daw e ang brusko pa naman ng dating niya. hahahhaha!!!

sorry double entry.....nag hang ang site

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    the only reason why cars srps are appreciating so much these days (and also the reason why CAMPI is posting sales growth) is bec. car dealers have become generous in low-downs.

for a mere 30K, puwede ka na magkaroon ng entry level sedan. and so what they do is to translate the surge in demand to sales growth, hence, car manufacturers are being led to believe that the Philippines is a car investment haven.

now the question is what happens in 2-3 yrs. from now, kung mag-default ang payment ng say 40% lang ng mga low-downs. ang mangyayari dyan the 2nd hand car market will be flooded with remata vehicles.

kahit san mo tignan win-win sila. they are able to raise their prices on a 3-month basis and still the pinoys will buy bec. of low-downs. pag na-remata, they get back the car from you (and kanila na yun down + hulog mo), and the resale value of the remata car is still ok kasi nga by that time mas mataas na ulit ang presyo ng tsikot.

say for example, a Fortuner owner who bought at 1.2M way back 2005, can still sell at 1M or 1.1M kahit na 5 years na fort nya kasi magkano na ba entry level fort ngaun 1.4M-1.5M na

galing no? that's why if you're going to buy today, buy bec. it's a keeper car for 10 yrs or so. i see a sudden big drop of car prices in the not so distant future. the influx of 2nd hand + brand new cars can only go as the bubble permits it. pag nag-burst yan nakow.

kita mo america ngaun
    I can't believe I almost agree with all of that.

One note: prices are rising because of inflation... that's across the board and everywhere... and because our currency still isn't very strong compared to Korea and Japan (Peso:Dollar exchange is nearly meaningless in terms of cars built here in Asia). Sure, that means you can resell at a seemingly high peso value, but your 1 million is worth less now than it was five years ago... since the price of everything else has gone up, too.

Note 2: They won't always collect what the car's worth before the foreclosure. The low-down scheme spreads out the interest earnings of the in-house financing arm over several years. If the customer defaults within just one or two years, then they may not have recovered enough to cover depreciation. Of course, they can still recover something by selling the car at a premium as a "certified pre-owned" vehicle, but if you're spreading out the payments of the first owner over several years, most of your profit will come near the end.

But I agree that these schemes can't actually last... and that you should always buy a car with long term ownership in mind, because you will always lose money on that purchase. Always.

I don't know if the subprime analogy is accurate... but if it is... I foresee myself buying an ultra-cheap secondhand in the next two or three years.

Secondhand car prices seem to have picked up, strangely, due to the high demand... or... because we lack a local version of the Kelley Blue Book... people aren't applying depreciation to their asking prices anymore. Some of the asking prices I see for secondhand cars are insane. No way am I paying 50% of a car's original price when it's over ten years old.... inflation or not. That piece of crap isn't worth that much money to me, no matter what logo is on the hood... simply because I know how much it's going to cost me to take care of it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004

kita mo america ngaun
    I can't believe I almost agree with all of that.

One note: prices are rising because of inflation... that's across the board and everywhere... and because our currency still isn't very strong compared to Korea and Japan (Peso:Dollar exchange is nearly meaningless in terms of cars built here in Asia). Sure, that means you can resell at a seemingly high peso value, but your 1 million is worth less now than it was five years ago... since the price of everything else has gone up, too.

Note 2: They won't always collect what the car's worth before the foreclosure. The low-down scheme spreads out the interest earnings of the in-house financing arm over several years. If the customer defaults within just one or two years, then they may not have recovered enough to cover depreciation. Of course, they can still recover something by selling the car at a premium as a "certified pre-owned" vehicle, but if you're spreading out the payments of the first owner over several years, most of your profit will come near the end.

But I agree that these schemes can't actually last... and that you should always buy a car with long term ownership in mind, because you will always lose money on that purchase. Always.

I don't know if the subprime analogy is accurate... but if it is... I foresee myself buying an ultra-cheap secondhand in the next two or three years.

Secondhand car prices seem to have picked up, strangely, due to the high demand... or... because we lack a local version of the Kelley Blue Book... people aren't applying depreciation to their asking prices anymore. Some of the asking prices I see for secondhand cars are insane. No way am I paying 50% of a car's original price when it's over ten years old.... inflation or not. That piece of crap isn't worth that much money to me, no matter what logo is on the hood... simply because I know how much it's going to cost me to take care of it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
kia pre-selling?