New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    BTW, me and my wifey went to Kia E rod hoping to see the new sorento and finaly make a decision on what to get. We only got to see the sportage. Wala daw stock.

Where could we possible see the new sorento and finally decide if we are getting it. Thanks

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Sa April pa ang Kia Sorento CRDI 4X2.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by xander1925 View Post
    I have test driven the older Sorento at Kia Marikina, it was actually for sale, tes drive unit.. that is what we are suppose to buy..
    Sir Xander, may I know some details of the Sorento Test Drive Unit? Color, mileage, month & year Columbian registered the vehicle & actual price? Gusto ko lang ng comparison for my own peace of mind

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I can't believe I almost agree with all of that.

One note: prices are rising because of inflation... that's across the board and everywhere... and because our currency still isn't very strong compared to Korea and Japan (Peso:Dollar exchange is nearly meaningless in terms of cars built here in Asia). Sure, that means you can resell at a seemingly high peso value, but your 1 million is worth less now than it was five years ago... since the price of everything else has gone up, too.

Note 2: They won't always collect what the car's worth before the foreclosure. The low-down scheme spreads out the interest earnings of the in-house financing arm over several years. If the customer defaults within just one or two years, then they may not have recovered enough to cover depreciation. Of course, they can still recover something by selling the car at a premium as a "certified pre-owned" vehicle, but if you're spreading out the payments of the first owner over several years, most of your profit will come near the end.

But I agree that these schemes can't actually last... and that you should always buy a car with long term ownership in mind, because you will always lose money on that purchase. Always.

I don't know if the subprime analogy is accurate... but if it is... I foresee myself buying an ultra-cheap secondhand in the next two or three years.

Secondhand car prices seem to have picked up, strangely, due to the high demand... or... because we lack a local version of the Kelley Blue Book... people aren't applying depreciation to their asking prices anymore. Some of the asking prices I see for secondhand cars are insane. No way am I paying 50% of a car's original price when it's over ten years old.... inflation or not. That piece of crap isn't worth that much money to me, no matter what logo is on the hood... simply because I know how much it's going to cost me to take care of it.

if indeed we are basing currency and inflation or even cost of production, then how come a 4x2 ford escape A/T or a mazda tribute A/t with all the perks can be had at 999k or a little more over a million + freebies and an equivalent 4x2 crv at 1.3M+. but of course, the CRV is a newer model. pero 300K difference heheh. pareho lang 2.xL eto dalawa eh heheh. if we are to base on phil. tax, tingin ko pareho lang 'to dalawa since 2.xL and 5 seater. although old body ang escape, bago lahat naman even the engine, di ba may trip wire na sya ngaun to control fc + it supports E20 pa nga eh, unlike the crv hanggang E10 lang.

hindi lang yan inflation. pricing is based on how a customer is willing to pay installment for a car heheh.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    Sir Xander, may I know some details of the Sorento Test Drive Unit? Color, mileage, month & year Columbian registered the vehicle & actual price? Gusto ko lang ng comparison for my own peace of mind

Sir it's a 2008 4x4 EX CRDi Sorento, Black color, 17k Mileage. Dont know the registration date. Price at 800k.

Parang bago yung unit interior at exterior, at first i thought i was brand new then nakita ko may plaka na pala.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by c2c View Post
    BTW, me and my wifey went to Kia E rod hoping to see the new sorento and finaly make a decision on what to get. We only got to see the sportage. Wala daw stock.

Where could we possible see the new sorento and finally decide if we are getting it. Thanks
    Kia Pasig, meron silang test drive unit dun black 4x2 ex Gas.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Just paid for the 300k reservation.. Yippeee... But still 180 days to go.. I can wait..

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gregg_g View Post
    Just paid for the 300k reservation.. Yippeee... But still 180 days to go.. I can wait..
    What did you reserve for?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    4x2 crdi diesel and preferably titanium silver.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by xander1925 View Post
    Sir it's a 2008 4x4 EX CRDi Sorento, Black color, 17k Mileage. Dont know the registration date. Price at 800k.

Parang bago yung unit interior at exterior, at first i thought i was brand new then nakita ko may plaka na pala.
    I see... thats CRDi with intercooler most probably. I think that is a fair enough price considering that a 2008 EX CRDi Red Sorento with 7k mileage is at 1.050m.

Now I am wondering if the 2009 EX CRDi VGT Sorento with 5k mileage is priced fairly * 1.250m.....

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
kia pre-selling?