New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 33 of 177 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by artlynn View Post
    A/T po ba sportivo nyo?....okay b yun paakayat ng Bagiuo?
    kayang kaya po ng sportivo or crosswind na kahit anong brand ang paakyat ng Baguio. I should know kasi 3 times a week ako umaakyat using a 2007 xuvi. Pati yung old and small displacement car ko na daihatsu charade kayang kaya even with passengers. Dapat alam mo lang magchange gear pag alam mo hirap ang makina like sa autonmatic din change it to lower gear.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 3kster View Post
    off topic

paging niky, rsnald, x-wind,

Just some queries :

1. Yung turbo ng bagong XUV MT, Low charge pa rin ba?

2. I have a 2004 XTRM MT, can I have it installed with the turbocharger na naka install sa bagong XUV MT?

3. Any problems and what will they be?

4. Kung pwede kabitan, saan kya meron available?

Sa mga masters, thanks in advance!
    1. afaik, yes low charge pa rin
    2. yes you can install turbo, pero di ko alam kung pwede painstall sa casa. merong turbo kit for the 4JA1 from Denso yata, but it's available in australia. Just do a google search - "turbo kit" + "Isuzu 4JA1"
    3. problems? di ko alam, pero from what I heard, the inner liners need to be replaced, pati yata yung mga piston rings/gaskets(?). to strengthen the cylinder siguro because of the additional pressure.

4. again, I'm not sure if it's available locally

hth

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    RE: turbo... I've heard all that, but at that low a charge, honestly, even the stock 4JA1 should hold up.

Quote Originally Posted by TJMaxx View Post
    Yeah, why is that Sportivo's 3rd row seat facing sideways? Isn't it supposed to face front?

I test drove a Sportivo A/T during the 1st Phil. Intl. Motor Show as I am also seriously considering getting one. I have to say that the way it accelerates is quite disappointing. I had to floor the accelerator pedal just to get some decent speed at the start. But as it cruises along, it picks up speed but slowly. Ganito rin kaya kabagal yung M/T version?

Tungkol sa mga previous posts dito na nagsasabi na (1) maingay at (2) matagtag ang Crosswind, based on my test drive = HINDI. Hindi naman ito noisy at di rin siya matagtag.

OK naman ang Crosswind sa lahat ng aspects. Yung nga lang mabagal ang pag accelerate. I think I will have to test drive an M/T variant to compare.
    I'm sorry to say, the test-drive doesn't indicate real-world comfort. Let me explain:

The test drive at the motor show recently went only over Macapagal Avenue and around MOA. Those roads are very smooth compared to most. The test drive at the previous show took in parts of Roxas Boulevard, and the test cars were parked on the grassy lot in front of the WTC instead of in the parking lot.

In that previous show, the rutted lot would tell you a lot about how vehicles behaved over low speed bumps... and the drive on Roxas would show you how they behaved over high speed ones.

Which is why I say that my test-drive of the Captiva wasn't long enough for me to be sure whether or not the ride would actually be comfortable over any surface, because you can't make assumptions about the ride of the vehicle unless you drive it over a variety of surfaces.

The problem of the Crosswind is not that it's too stiff.. it's that it bounces uncontrollably over bumps when you take them at speed. You won't find those kinds of bumps on Macapagal Avenue. My friend has an 05-06 Sportivo XT, and though that's supposed to be improved over the previous versions, he still complains that the ride is bad over the South Super Highway. Didn't prevent him from buying another, though... he just loves the fuel-efficient engine.

The current one shouldn't be noisy... the turbocharger acts as a muffler.

The AT is really slow, but the MT is okay. It takes a very long time to get to 100 km/h, but it's enough for overtaking in traffic.

And yes, both can reach Baguio... as long as you don't intend to go up very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by wildsonix View Post
    mga pips,

ask ko lang kung na-encounter nyo na yung bigla tumigas steering.. nangyari kasi sa kin to.. I checked the belts and steering fluid.. ok naman..
    Have your pump checked... that's a bad sign.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Have your pump checked... that's a bad sign.
    Kelangan ko na rin palang ipa-check sasakyan ko minsan malambot, minsan naman sobrang tigas power steering.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by denier13 View Post
    Sir rademamj, I just notice that your sportivo has a side facing 3rd row seat instead of front facing, which is standard for the sportivo. It is an option now or you have to pay for it?
    BTW, about the FC, it will get better since it's only on it's break-in period. I got a high of 17+ when I took my father's 2006 sportivo to Pampanga.
    You are correct...the forward facing 3rd seat is standard with the Sportivo. But the jump seat arrangment was preferred by me and upon request, Isuzu switched at no additional costs. Its really great for carrying cargo and makes the vehicle much more practical for every day use. Glad to hear your getting 17 km/liter of diesel. Hopefully I will be getting that fuel economy soon on my sportivo.

Also, I read some posts where test drivers are disappointed with the crosswind acceleration and performance. Its a diesel and high performance should not be expected from the Isuzu 4JA1 engine. I think you buy crosswind for its reliability and fuel economy.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rademamj View Post
    Its a diesel and high performance should not be expected from the Isuzu 4JA1 engine. I think you buy crosswind for its reliability and fuel economy.
    +1

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rsnald View Post
    1. afaik, yes low charge pa rin
    2. yes you can install turbo, pero di ko alam kung pwede painstall sa casa. merong turbo kit for the 4JA1 from Denso yata, but it's available in australia. Just do a google search - "turbo kit" + "Isuzu 4JA1"
    3. problems? di ko alam, pero from what I heard, the inner liners need to be replaced, pati yata yung mga piston rings/gaskets(?). to strengthen the cylinder siguro because of the additional pressure.

4. again, I'm not sure if it's available locally

hth
    Sir Rsnald,
    Thanks!

1. So previously, yung AT lang meron turbo to compensate for the lag, pati MT na ngayon ng XUV onwards, meron na.
    2. Will do.
    3. Marami pa lang changes, so not really recommeded.

Sir Niky,
    Thanks din sa reply, so theres no need to have the old but reliable 4JA1 engine setup with a low charge turbo.

Thanks ulit sa mga reply's nyo!

Thanks Again!
    Last edited by 3kster; August 15th, 2007 at 07:37 AM. Reason: initial reply did not include acknowledgement to Niky's reply

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Just got our brand new Crosswind XT on the first week of August. After almost a month of waiting for a unit, i finally got one. We were just disappointed with one Isuzu dealer here in mindanao which we originally were planning to get our unit. After almost 3 weeks of waiting, we ended up with nothing. When we had our reservation on the 1st week of July, they told us that some units area coming next week. We patiently waited but another week passed, they said there are no XT units arrived. I just wondered if it will really take that long. Another excuse is the assembly they said, some problems. They said again "maybe next week". I ask them if my unit will be in that batch. Same answer.. its a "maybe". How come a dealer doesn know whats are the units being shipped to them. Its enough, i had to withdrew my reservation.
    It just happened when i went to Cebu, i passed by Isuzu Cebu Showroom and decided to drop by. I found they have plenty of XT units available. I asked how come...... There i found a unit which is still not sold so i had it reserved.
    I appreciate the agent who accomodated me. After i paid my DP and all the paperworks, in less than a week my unit arrived. They did it all that fast including the shipment. Can you imagine that....

Anyway, i got my unit after all... Thanks to the people of Isuzu Cebu..

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Congrats! Welcome to the club

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Good choice! another crosswind owner! congrats on your new ride.