New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 30 of 177 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    We own (and are about to get rid of) the XUVi MT (115,000 kms). The XUVi AT is my uncle-in-law's, and I drive it sometimes when we stay over. The SL was my Dad's, and I stole it from him... ...for use as a delivery vehicle (138,000 kms and counting). The XTO AT (I'm pretty sure now) was the special pearlescent green edition. It's also my Dad's, and I drive it sometimes when I'm visiting him.

To be honest, convenient talaga ang automatic transmission, but it's somewhat lacking when overtaking on fast provincial roads. On clear highways or in the city, it's less of a problem, but it's sometimes hard to merge onto EDSA or the SLEX safely.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Good Day po sa lahat. I Would like to ask your suggestions regarding the Alarm System for Xwind XT. We'll be having our unit delivered next week and since the XT model does'nt have the Alarm System and Remote Keyless entry, ano pong brand ang maganda? Or can we ask the dealer to add these features with an additional cost? Its our first brand new car kasi and im not so familiar pa sa mga cars..

Would be glad to hear your suggestions fellow tsikoters...

Thanks...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Just get one outside... the integrated one isn't the best there is, and it's problematic, too.

I'm not familiar with the new aftermarket brands, though...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Top Spin

I can suggest one good place. 3k lang two years ago wala akong problem. Third time ko na bumili on 3 different vehicles. Dahil nakamura ako bumili pa ako extra remote.

Nissan Quezon Ave accesory store nila.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Sir Niky and Totsie, thanks for the advise...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    greetings mga sirs, itanong ko lang po sa inyo kung ano po ang top speed na nasubukan na ninyo sa crosswind with 235/70r15 tires? iyung sa amin po isuzu sportivo na 2007 model, nasubukan ko po sa nlex max 120kph pero parang hirap na rin po na lumagpas pa dun. at hindi ko na rin po sinubukan kasi may kasamang bata. may effect po kaya iyung size ng tires reg sa speed? may nag overtake po kasi sa akin na crisswind, cguro po nasa 130kph ang takobo niya, hindi ko nga lang po napansin.
    last week lang po nag pa pms 1500km na ako sa bmd cabanatuan, ang sabi ng technician nila sa 120kph masuwerte napo daw ako sa nakuha kong unit kasi napaabot ko ng 120kph. ang nagtanong din po ako ng turbo na puwedeng ikabit sa engine at intercooler pero sabi po niya hindi daw maganda unless na bamapera at bili ka ng bagong engine kapag nag breakdown. mayroon na raw po kasi silang na repai na nagpalit ng turbo, pagbukas daw nila mga tunay ang piston ring, di daw nakayanan.
    at mga sirs, may nagpalit narin po ba sa inyo ng mas bigger size ng tires pero rim15 parin, masyado po kasing magastos kapag pati mags papalitan at hindi po puwede sa unit namin 18" kasi po kung minsan cargo ang laman ng likod.
    salamat po sa inyo

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    A manual Sportivo should be able to hit 140 km/h on the NLEX or Skyway. But you should be careful, as there isn't enough suspension control to to keep you planted if you hit a big one at those speeds. And without ABS, you're in danger of locking the brakes in an emergency.

A Crosswind is most comfortable at 80 km/h on most roads. That's the best speed to attain 14-16 km/l on the highway, too.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    thank you for the reply sir niky , i really apreaciate it. sir like sa adventure or auv na rim14 as compared to rim15, with regards to the speedometer, if iyung auv na rim15 is running at 120kph, would it be around 130kph kapag rim14 ang nakakabit? wala pa lang kasing budget but i really would like to change the tires to bigger size like 245/75r15 para mas medyo stable sa road but would it mean that the speed again would have a change? thank you sirs

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Use this: http://miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html to see the difference.

Stability on the road is dependent on both the width: "245" and the height/profile: "75". Generally, wider tires are more stable, but are more susceptible to hydroplaning (nadudulas pag dumaan sa puddles) and tramilining (makulit pag maalog yung kalye). Tires with lower profile are generally more stable, but more susceptible to damage from potholes.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    thank you again sir, you've help a lot regading my inquiries, pudpurin ko na lang muna gulong ko, sayang rin

and have just read , happy birthday sir