New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    In fairness ang mahal ng Accord ha! if it were me picking I'd just make a bee line for the mazda 2.5T more power and made in Japan. Mura pa ng konti and more of a drivers car even than the accord. I assume I could take the fuel bills since I was looking for a midsize sedan already. Large na nga ata size ng mga ito.

My personal take on the automatic speed sensing wipers. I hate them. It is either they are too slow or too fast for the intended speed I want at the given moment. Granted all of it was on european cars maybe the Japanese has a better implementation of that system.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Not sure about this (don't have a turbo car) but doesn't it look like the 1.5T will be on boost almost all the time given that torque comes early? This will negate the gains from it being a small displacement engine as most engines run rich when on boost.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Not sure about this (don't have a turbo car) but doesn't it look like the 1.5T will be on boost almost all the time given that torque comes early? This will negate the gains from it being a small displacement engine as most engines run rich when on boost.
    It really depends on what rpm the turbo starts to spool. Peak torque becomes available once the turbo spools but for some turbo engines, the feel of the torque pull comes a bit later due to turbo lag. Some engines (like Euro-designed ones) spool their turbos earlier, between 1500 to 1800 rpm while others between 2300 to 2500 rpm (Asian turbo engines).

With the Fiesta Ecoboost before, turbo spool starts at below 2k rpm but there is noticeable turbo lag so the torque pull is felt at 2k rpm and flattens out to 4500 rpm and then additional pull is felt at overboost when going past 5k rpm. If you keep the rpms between 1k to 1500 rpm, fuel efficiency is at its best. Overall, its fuel efficiency is not as good as 1.3L to 1.5L NA engines (9-10 km/L) but more like 1.6L to 1.8L engines (8-9 km/L). On the highway though, you can get 20 km/L when keeping the rpm just at the point when the turbo starts to spool.

With my FXT, turbo spool starts around 2300 rpm and then you can feel the torque flattens out up to 5500 rpm. At 2k rpm or below, the FA20 engine behaves like the usual 2.0L to 2.5L NA engine. Fuel consumption is much like 2.5L NA engines which is commonly used on midsize cars and CUVs.

With the Accord 1.5T, its tuning is different from the similar engine on the Civic 1.5T. It is tuned for more power and torque, a need to push the heavier body of the Accord. However, this 1.5T engine is more like the 2.4L NA engine in terms of performance. The Accord 2.0T is on a different plane in terms of performance, even better against the Mazda6 2.5T or Legacy 2.4T.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    In fairness ang mahal ng Accord ha! if it were me picking I'd just make a bee line for the mazda 2.5T more power and made in Japan. Mura pa ng konti and more of a drivers car even than the accord. I assume I could take the fuel bills since I was looking for a midsize sedan already. Large na nga ata size ng mga ito.

My personal take on the automatic speed sensing wipers. I hate them. It is either they are too slow or too fast for the intended speed I want at the given moment. Granted all of it was on european cars maybe the Japanese has a better implementation of that system.
    Umaabuso na ang Honda. Iniisip siguro nila, if they can get away with 1.6M for the Civic RS, bakit hindi 2.3M sa Accord diba?

Haven’t tried with the Japanese brands too but the rain sensing wipers in our Ford sucks. Speaking of which, natamaan ng bato ang windshield... might need replacing again and that damn sensor is included as a set for the windshield.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    1600rpm ang spool start based dun sa autoindustriya link above.
    I imagine the turbo on this one will be the first one to go as you are on perpetual boost. Heheh

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    1600rpm ang spool start based dun sa autoindustriya link above.
    I imagine the turbo on this one will be the first one to go as you are on perpetual boost. Heheh

Maybe it will behave like the one on the Civic 1.5T which still has some turbo lag. It will be manageable if you are able to keep the revs between idle rpm and turbo spool rpm.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Maybe it will behave like the one on the Civic 1.5T which still has some turbo lag. It will be manageable if you are able to keep the revs between idle rpm and turbo spool rpm.
    Would be challenging for a small engine on a big car even with a CVT.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    That small window when trying to conseve. Hehe

Only get to experience diesel trucks and keeping the rpm just before it spool is maneagable since diesel have low end power and proper gearing.

I imagine you will need to push the throttle a little more to feel some semblance of acceleration on this one since it is a heavier car.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Would be challenging for a small engine on a big car even with a CVT.
    That 1.5T engine offers more power and torque than the 2.0L NA engine on the Forester.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    That small window when trying to conseve. Hehe

Only get to experience diesel trucks and keeping the rpm just before it spool is maneagable since diesel have low end power and proper gearing.

I imagine you will need to push the throttle a little more to feel some semblance of acceleration on this one since it is a heavier car.

I suggest you try out these cars with small displacement turbo engines. They behave differently conpared to NA engines but they offer more pull compared to NA engines of the same displacement. VW’s 1.4T is impressive and it is even good enough to power Audi’s A4 sedan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk