New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    For my weekend drives, I am thinking of getting a Honda and planning to have some speed mods. What would be the best model for this. Any suggestions? I have a Honda City Type Z 1.5 MT. Will this do?

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sell it, buy a Honda Civic Hatchback. It's more fun.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Personally, I'd get a Civic EG sedan and drop in a surplus K series in the bay when the right time and price comes.

EG hatchback are quite desirable and in demand so their prices are quite inflated and it defeats the whole point of a hobby with that kind of price.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Type Z = Can be a weekend car. But it wont be fun. Cause that's nothing but an econo-car.

----

Civic EK Hatchback. More fun to drive, even better if a K-series engine will be swapped. But since it's quite expensive, a B-series engine will definitely do.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Honda SiR.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Thanks for the input guys. Please keep them coming

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What I would like to have as a weekend car is a Miata. Keep it for 30 years in top condition and its a classic. Fun to drive as well.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Type Z = Can be a weekend car. But it wont be fun. Cause that's nothing but an econo-car.

----

Civic EK Hatchback. More fun to drive, even better if a K-series engine will be swapped. But since it's quite expensive, a B-series engine will definitely do.
    Sir, pardon my ignorance. How much would a B-series cost as compared to a K-series engine?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Personally, I'd get a Civic EG sedan and drop in a surplus K series in the bay when the right time and price comes.

EG hatchback are quite desirable and in demand so their prices are quite inflated and it defeats the whole point of a hobby with that kind of price.
    Thanks for the input bro. Since I'm still dreaming, how much should I budget if I were to follow your reco?

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by <smash> View Post
    Thanks for the input bro. Since I'm still dreaming, how much should I budget if I were to follow your reco?
    For a completely running sedan body, allocate a budget of Php 150K. (We had a really sweet all stock '95 ESi m/t, sold for 195K last 2006, with only 58T Kms). Not to be discouraging, but most examples now are probably third to fourth owners and most have aesthetics and setups inspired by ricers.

The K series engine is expensive right now. Locally an excellent source will be 2.0li or 2.4li 2002-2006 CRV or 2003-present Accord. It can usually be acquired from wrecked and chop-chop units. There are more flavors of K series from japan surplus.

It is still best to get a good running vehicle and embark on a major operation of engine change when you are mentally, physically and budget ready.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Project Honda &quot;weekend car&quot;, what's the best model?