New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Honda will be releasing a new generation of the Accord. Its underpinnings will most likely to be shared with the new Civic and CRV. As for the engines, the venerable K24 of the base Accord might be swapped with a more powerful tune of Honda's 1.5L turbo engine (200 hp) while the top end V6 engine be swapped with a detuned version of the Civic Type R's 2.0L turbo engine (270-280 hp).

218 Honda Accord Sedan Spied! | News | Car and Driver

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    new camry looks better already 😁

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    new camry looks better already ��

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    While we can't comment on the styling details, the upcoming Accord has nice Civic-like proportions. It's got that more classic cab-rearward design.

2018 Camry (North American version)

Odd beltline shape and those crazy creases will look messy to some.

Source:Autoblog & caradvice.com.au
    Last edited by AG4; April 22nd, 2017 at 05:30 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Accord vs Camry, no brainer for me. Accord takes my vote any day.

2.0L turbo for an Accord, now that's yummy. Tweak it a bit and you can do 320hp.

5. Join Date
    May 2017
    what's with Toyota's design obsession for the grill overload!?

Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    While we can't comment on the styling details, the upcoming Accord has nice Civic-like proportions. It's got that more classic cab-rearward design.

2018 Camry (North American version)

Odd beltline shape and those crazy creases will look messy to some.

Source:Autoblog & caradvice.com.au

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The new 2017 V6 Accord is definitely my top pick to replace my old car. That's assuming we don't get a minivan instead. Only the V6 though. I'm done with turbos.

Very nice.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    More news on the upcoming 10th gen Accord. It is confirmed that USDM model will come in 3 engines (2.0T, 1.5T, and 2.0L NA Hybrid). The 1.5T will come in CVT while the 2.0T will come in a new 10-speed AT tranny. The 2.0L direct-injection turbo engine (similar to Civic Type R) is tuned deliver torque at very low rpms (much like Euro turbo engines) and will best the previous V6 model in both performance and fuel efficiency.

218 Honda Accord Loses V-6 in Favor of New 2.-Liter Turbo-Four - Motor Trend
    Last edited by Egan101; June 10th, 2017 at 02:31 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    More news on the upcoming 10th gen Accord. It is confirmed that USDM model will come in 3 engines (2.0T, 1.5T, and 2.0L NA Hybrid). The 1.5T will come in CVT while the 2.0T will come in a new 10-speed AT tranny. The 2.0L direct-injection turbo engine (similar to Civic Type R) is tuned deliver torque at very low rpms (much like Euro turbo engines) and will best the previous V6 model in both performance and fuel efficiency.

218 Honda Accord Loses V-6 in Favor of New 2.-Liter Turbo-Four - Motor Trend
    the 1.5T is very impressive.. the 2.0T will surely be as good :D

hope the crv gets the 2.0T also :D

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Stick the 1.5T in there and there's a chance the Accord will be able to break 20 km/l on the highway.

The Americans are getting impatient for the 2.0T. Once that's in the Accord, there's a chance of Honda finally selling a 2.0T Civic Si instead of sticking it with an uprated 1.5T.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Stick the 1.5T in there and there's a chance the Accord will be able to break 20 km/l on the highway.

The Americans are getting impatient for the 2.0T. Once that's in the Accord, there's a chance of Honda finally selling a 2.0T Civic Si instead of sticking it with an uprated 1.5T.
    Hi Nicky!

I read somewhere that the 2.0 turbo costs a lot more than the 1.5 turbo. I'm totally unaware if these two engines are dissimilar enough to warrant this discrepancy. They said a 30 plus grand 2.0 turbo civic si would be too much for buyers but the type r as a halo model for the civic and the accord can carry this higher price point.

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast