New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jrebong0 View Post
    Yung din naging problem ko hindi lang sa city, sa madami pang ibang brand. Parang ang mahal compared sa MZ3 natin..

Pero itong TDCI na ito, parang value for money din. If you can call a million peso car value for money :p

Pede rin ung tucson. Mas mura pa..

yeah, parang lumalabas na mas mahal pa ang city at jazz sa mz3 natin maski thru financing.

tucson okay na diesel entry level suv. sana meron below 1m hehehe

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    sorry for this lame questions: i'm planning on getting a brand new car this, my first ever..so i'm eyeing on several possibilities here and one is the ford focus.

i'm a girl so the only thing i know about car is driving, taking it to the car wash, tire changing, what to kapag nag-over heat.obviously the basics..i've been reading this thread and there are certain things that doesn't ring a bell..like double-clutch..tapos kung lahat ba ng focus diesel or may mga editions lang..so maybe you guys can enlighten me...tnx

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    sorry for this lame questions: i'm planning on getting a brand new car this, my first ever..so i'm eyeing on several possibilities here and one is the ford focus.

i'm a girl so the only thing i know about car is driving, taking it to the car wash, tire changing, what to kapag nag-over heat.obviously the basics..i've been reading this thread and there are certain things that doesn't ring a bell..like double-clutch..tapos kung lahat ba ng focus diesel or may mga editions lang..so maybe you guys can enlighten me...tnx

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hydra925 View Post

Only one Focus model has a diesel engine, the TDCi Sport.

This is the current 2009 Focus range.
    Focus 1.8 Style sedan M/T (gasoline) P779K
    Focus 1.8 Trend sedan M/T (gasoline) P799K
    Focus 1.8 Trend hatchback A/T(gasoline) P859K
    Focus 2.0 Ghia sedan A/T (gasoline) P999K
    Focus 2.0 Sport hatchback A/T (gasoline) P999K
    Focus 2.0 TDCi Sport Powershift (diesel) P1.189M

About the 6-speed Powershift dual-clutch transmission of the Focus TDCi, this is all you really need to know...
    "the six-speed PowerShift gearbox combines the fuel efficiency of a manual transmission with easy operation of an automatic transmission."

"Compared to traditional automatic four-speed transmissions, PowerShift can help reduce fuel consumption by up to 9 percent depending on the application."

If you want to know how it works, continue reading...
    "PowerShift provides the full comfort of an automatic with a more sophisticated driving dynamic, thanks to uninterrupted torque from the dual-clutch technology, which consists essentially of two manual transmissions working in parallel, each with its own independent clutch unit. One clutch carries the uneven gears – 1, 3 and 5 – while the other the even gears – 2, 4 and 6. Subsequent gear changes are coordinated between both clutches as they engage and disengage for a seamless delivery of torque to the wheels." - Ford
    Last edited by AG4; July 20th, 2009 at 05:15 PM.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Thanks AG4... i drive the Focus 2.0 TDCi .. i really don't get the Powershift thing.. all I know is that this car is really fuel efficient... and handling is really good especially turning and changing lanes... my average fuel comsumption is 13 km/L i'd like it to be around 15-17 km/L.. if possible though... maybe chnge the way i step on the pedals... ... because i'm trying not to hit more than 2000rpm....

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by white_hatchback View Post
    Thanks AG4... i drive the Focus 2.0 TDCi .. i really don't get the Powershift thing.. all I know is that this car is really fuel efficient... and handling is really good especially turning and changing lanes... my average fuel comsumption is 13 km/L i'd like it to be around 15-17 km/L.. if possible though... maybe chnge the way i step on the pedals... ... because i'm trying not to hit more than 2000rpm....
    13? ayos ah. may traffic ba yan?

musta naman reliability mo?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Meron din po akong question. May umiilaw na warning light dun sa dashboard ng 2008 Ford Focus 1.8 M/T. Yung light color red tapos gear na may exclamation point. For some reason di ko makita sa manual yung symbol na kasama nung sasakayan.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by bodz View Post
    Meron din po akong question. May umiilaw na warning light dun sa dashboard ng 2008 Ford Focus 1.8 M/T. Yung light color red tapos gear na may exclamation point. For some reason di ko makita sa manual yung symbol na kasama nung sasakayan.
    di ba handbrake yun? baka sira na sensor.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    What's the going rate for an average mileage 2005 Ford Focus 2.0 Hatchback?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    About 40.000 Kilometers.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Ford Focus Questions