New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 93 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    would the same apply for manila conditions? in heavy bumper-to-bumper and stop-and-go situations, wouldn't the difference in fuel economy be much more pronounced?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Contrary to what people think, a big engine running unstressed is likely more economical than a smaller engine. We have both a 4.0li V6 Explorer and a 2.0li Revo (GAS) at home and the Revo is using more fuel per km, even in Metro Manila traffic.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    tama si splerdu jan.

yan ang napansin ko sa hiway driving ko.

pag isuzu pick-up 2.5L masmalakas ang konsumo sa hiway compared sa nissan patrol mastumitipid habang bumibilis.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Our 2.4L 4 banger LC II is currently eating up more fuel than our 4.6L V8 Expedition in almost any given situation. I wonder why...

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Originally posted by OTEP
    Our 2.4L 4 banger LC II is currently eating up more fuel than our 4.6L V8 Expedition in almost any given situation. I wonder why...
    Technology, my friend... The Expedition's powerplant is full of it plus it has much higher gearing and better aerodynamics.

Too bad that our gov't doesn't see this and slaps a lot of tax based on displacement. I've argued this topic so many times on AI and this is the biggest flaw of a tax system that penalizes large displacements. Tech advances are never taken into account.

Even if there were technology available that would allow a 6-liter V8 to get 10km/liter, it would still get taxed as if it were guzzling the Philippines' oil reserves.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Originally posted by mbt
    would the same apply for manila conditions? in heavy bumper-to-bumper and stop-and-go situations, wouldn't the difference in fuel economy be much more pronounced?
    There is a 50% increase in displacement from 2 to 3-liter... Actual fuel consumption increase will most likely be much less than 20%. Probably 1km/liter...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok ba yon if ford will release the 3.0L escape here?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes. More choices is always better.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    ha?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    cguro....

Page 5 of 93 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
Comments on Ford Escape!??