New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hope they perform a recall here and replace transmission with a normal slushbox ones.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    That lawsuit may just put a too huge a dent on their bottomline.

do what you gotta do so you can do what you wanna do

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Wonder if they can sue their transmission vendor also

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Wonder if they can sue their transmission vendor also

ford and getrag partnered in developing this dct. I think if ford didnt put a hand in the dev, the getrag dct wouldve been better.

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Ford will fight it though, as we all expect they will. But the message is clear, they are making trannys which are defective.

Yet another reason, I will not be buying a Ford (Fix Or Repair Daily) anytime in the future.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post
    Ford will fight it though, as we all expect they will. But the message is clear, they are making trannys which are defective.

Yes another reason, I will not be buying a Ford (Fix Or Repair Daily) anytime in the future.
    the rangers and everests have been outstanding. as well as the ford f150s and mustangs that have the new 10R80s.

their only mistake was the dcts. which they have already ditched. most current vehicles including the ecosports have the newer shift selects torque converters.

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    the rangers and everests have been outstanding. as well as the ford f150s and mustangs that have the new 10R80s.

their only mistake was the dcts. which they have already ditched. most current vehicles including the ecosports have the newer shift selects torque converters.
    Speaking of Ecosports Master SE, I was riding as a front passenger in one a few months ago, while cruising down the NLEX at around 100KpH, the engine and tranny sounded really loud. Is that normal for this model? You will really notice both major components at high speed.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Only their dry clutch DCTs have faulty issues but yeah they should have properly managed the problem instead of denying it and shifting the blame to the owners hihi. They are most likely to get slapped with another high penalty.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post
    Speaking of Ecosports Master SE, I was riding as a front passenger in one a few months ago, while cruising down the NLEX at around 100KpH, the engine and tranny sounded really loud. Is that normal for this model? You will really notice both major components at high speed.
    1st im not a master...

regarding this ecosport. we need to find out if its mt or at. and which model year. and when the last maintenance was done. many owners skip servicing because of the cost.

also the noise could be from the wheel bearing. maybe it has been submerged in a flood. too many variables in my opinion where discussions can be inconclusive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast