Results 3,871 to 3,880 of 3897
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Brake cleaner

diluted baking soda

bubbled Joy dishwashing liquid

physical agitation by shaking
    how far apart ang periodic cleaning mo sir and do you find significant amount of oil deposited sa intercooler?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Around 40k's. the coalesced from oil mist collects at the bottom sometimes drips at the lower ic hose.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Around 40k's. the coalesced from oil mist collects at the bottom sometimes drips at the lower ic hose.
    i see. similar to when i had my stock fmic (around 25k kms odo) replaced by a bigger aftermarket one, may tumulo din na oil sa outlet. i checked for any traces of oil up the hose to the intake manifold pero dry naman.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    May 2017
    vic-oil-filter.jpg

nakita ko lang sa facebook ng VIC, tumaas na ba filtration quality nila o below average pa rin kagaya ng dati?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Sa mga naka install ng Mann-Hummel Provent 200 sa kanilang ride, meron bang kasamang mga hoses (hydraulic) sa Oil Catch Can na yan? O tayo pa ang mag supply?

I found a shop here na nagbebenta ng Provent 200, unit lang pero walang hoses.

Malaki kasi ang diameter yung para sa connection sa hoses (tubes).... Saan kaya maka bili?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Is this real or fake?
    Last edited by ramyr; May 5th, 2019 at 04:35 AM. Reason: Picture not uploading

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    After installing a Mann-Hummel Provent 200 oil catch can to my Fortuner 2016 A/T Diesel G variant, and checking the filter element every now and then (most especially after a long drive), I can say that I am very happy and satisfied with this modification since I can really see that the oil catch can really worked as evidenced by the oil that is separated from the air and caught by the filter.... Since the installation is still new, the oil is still in the filter element and not dripping down below the can. There is a hose with a valve attached to the bottom of the oil catch can.

By the way, the oil that I am using is a 10w30 zic fully synthetic oil with a genuine Toyota oil filter and so far so good. I am in quandary if I have to do the change oil every 5000km (6 months interval) or 10,000km (1 year interval) taking into consideration that I have installed an oil catch can?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    In my Opinion, installing an oil catch can purpose doesn't have an effect on the engine oil change interval naman. What it really does is to prevent or minimize oil gunk or sludge accumulation in the intake manifold and intake valves of the engine. Now if we will really goes into details it somehow improves din naman nga pala kse having a good unobstructed air flow to the combustion system e.g. piston will have a good combustion and less unburned fuel that can seeps into the pistons and contaminate the oil, but that is on the long run and not an immediate effect. I've always been practicing my calculated risk approach based on past observation and experiences and have always been doing an oil change every 10K km or 1 year which ever comes first with the exemption of brand new car first 2years I follow the Casa recommendation during the sensing stage if the car is a lemon or not...after that kahit pa nasa warranty nag 1 year interval na ako irregardless of warning ng service advisor. Bottom line its up to you sir,depending on your risk appetite.

In my old cars>10years na seldomly used using as well ZIC oil I even go further than 1 year, so far no issue naman. Oil still looks good, though I don't have the technical actual specification of the oil condition but my sense tells me oks pa naman. An extended oil interval naman with less mileage risk really lang naman is a high TAN which I don't think with the new mettalurgy of the engine will not really have that much effect on it, sa mga gaskets and seals perhaps. But those are am willing to take the risk.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Sharing some pics on the modification done on my ride (Fortuner 2016 G variant A/T). I have the Provent 200 Oil Catch Can installed after the lapse of the 3 year warranty and so far I am very satisfied as it worked as expected.... driven about 900km from the time I intalled the OCC...

https://i907.photobucket.com/albums/...talled%201.jpg

https://i907.photobucket.com/albums/...talled%202.jpg

https://i907.photobucket.com/albums/...talled%203.jpg

https://i907.photobucket.com/albums/...talled%204.jpg

I was not the one who installed the OCC but a reputable auto shop here in Cebu.....

I would have wanted to post the pics here directly but I do not know how. So links na lang sa Photobucket
    Last edited by attyallanlatras; June 18th, 2019 at 07:50 PM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Mga bossing, sa mga nag-install ng ng Oil Catch Can., me tanong ako.... Every now and then I would be able to get around 30cc of black oil after draining. for the past 2 draining times, I replaced the same amount of new oil back sa engine ko. Tama ba yun? Should I continue this practice of replacing new oil of the same amount na natanggal from the OCC?

Remote bypass oil filtration