New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 235 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sag0 View Post
    hi! it's gray smoke. and its not really the inky-black smoke on certain trucks and buses. air cleaner? like the air filter? the mechanic said its still okay and he just cleaned it with compressed air. do i have to buy a new one? how about the fuel filter? do i have to change that too? thanks for your reply kind sir!!!
    Gray smoke is not a true gauge of emission levels. We can do a smoke test on your Highlander free of charge.

Air filters become restricted after extended use, and will cause black smoke. Blowing compressed air cannot remove all the caked-in fine dust particles. You can try removing the air filter just to check if smoke levels improve.

Fuel filter replacement will not improve emissions. A blocked fuel filter will result in fuel starvation, less smoke, and less power.

Bye,

Dieseldude

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    sir how much would it cost to have my injectors checked out at your shop? i just want the proper opening pressure back to original specs.. and by the way how much would it also cost to replace the springs inside the injector assembly.. thank sir..

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    nakakapag cause din ba ng white smoke not the normal gray kapag wala sa proper setting ang fuel injection system yung parang hilaw yung burn? pansin ko kasi din sa ride ko kapag medyo cold pa yung engine tapos medyo hirit ng konti sa accelerator lumalabas sya pero nawawala din kapag medyo matagal na sya nagamit, madalas din sinasabi ng mga isuzu 4ja1 owners na normal yung white kapag cold pa engine but mine is thicker white smoke. I checked my oil everyday morning kung nagsusunog na sya ng oil pero consistent naman yung level ng oil nya nasa max level. Im also thinking that it might be my valve seals pero im not sure or yung mga naliligaw na nahihigop na oil from the air breather galing sa valve cover direting to the air intake. Kakapaadjust ko lang din ng valve clearance ko last two weeks pino naman yung andar. medyo mahina din hatak and 8km/L consumption ko pero tyaga lang muna ako kasi wala pa budget kung magpapa calibrate ako, sana meron ng christmas bonus hehehe

4. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Doc Diesel,

I have poor engine performance specially on hills.. I went to Speedy Fix since i was suspecting that it could be my clutch.. but the chief mechanic said that my clutch is ok.. However, He said "sakal" daw ung hatak ng Engine ko.. This happend after my diesel calibration almost 2 years ago.. He said, a calibration shop should be able to do minor adjustment to release it..

Do you think this is the case?

Thanks!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Hello DieselDude,

I was in Central Diesel Clinic this afternoon but you were not around because it was lunchtime. I was palnning to wait for you but one of your staff seeing me waiting volunteered to see my LJ 71 even if it meant that he has to interrupt his lunch. He ask me to open the hood and start the engine and ask me what is the problem. I told him that it gives black smoke when I am overtaking and the rpm is high, so he ask me to show it to him. Then he told me to first clean my exhaust system because the engine sounds fine. He told me to go back, if flushing my exhaust with water will not remove the black smoke. He said personally the sound of the engine indicates its still in tip top condition. Very impressive.

I am very impressed. They are customer oriented and they are not greedy and eager to make a fast buck at the expense of the customer. Some unscrupulous mechanic might imeediately recommend an overhaul. If the problem will not be solve, or when new problems crop up I will definitely bring it to your place.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    thanks sir diesel dude,

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by monmendoza View Post
    Hello DieselDude,

I was in Central Diesel Clinic this afternoon but you were not around because it was lunchtime. I was palnning to wait for you but one of your staff seeing me waiting volunteered to see my LJ 71 even if it meant that he has to interrupt his lunch. He ask me to open the hood and start the engine and ask me what is the problem. I told him that it gives black smoke when I am overtaking and the rpm is high, so he ask me to show it to him. Then he told me to first clean my exhaust system because the engine sounds fine. He told me to go back, if flushing my exhaust with water will not remove the black smoke. He said personally the sound of the engine indicates its still in tip top condition. Very impressive.

I am very impressed. They are customer oriented and they are not greedy and eager to make a fast buck at the expense of the customer. Some unscrupulous mechanic might imeediately recommend an overhaul. If the problem will not be solve, or when new problems crop up I will definitely bring it to your place.
    Hi Mon,

I'm glad to hear this from you.

Some city driven diesels do accumulate soot on the exhaust pipes if they are not driven hard from time to time.

Bye,

Dieseldude

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by promdiboy View Post
    thanks sir diesel dude,
    You are welcome.

Bye,

Dieseldude

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by the_possessed View Post
    Doc Diesel,

I have poor engine performance specially on hills.. I went to Speedy Fix since i was suspecting that it could be my clutch.. but the chief mechanic said that my clutch is ok.. However, He said "sakal" daw ung hatak ng Engine ko.. This happend after my diesel calibration almost 2 years ago.. He said, a calibration shop should be able to do minor adjustment to release it..

Do you think this is the case?

Thanks!
    Speedy Fix mechanic is probably correct about the "sakal". But "sakal" could be due to a blocked fuel filter, improperly adjusted accelerator cables/linkages, or faulty injection pump adjustments. I would first check on the fuel filter, then the linkages. You could probably ask the previous shop who worked on your pump to do the necessary correction. Tell them that you were never happy with the engine's performance since they worked on your pump. I am sure they will help you on this.

Bye,

Dieseldude

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamWing View Post
    nakakapag cause din ba ng white smoke not the normal gray kapag wala sa proper setting ang fuel injection system yung parang hilaw yung burn? White smoke is not a good sign as this could be an engine problem. But before working on the engine, I would first check injection pump to engine timing, valve clearances, and injector condition.

pansin ko kasi din sa ride ko kapag medyo cold pa yung engine tapos medyo hirit ng konti sa accelerator lumalabas sya pero nawawala din kapag medyo matagal na sya nagamit, madalas din sinasabi ng mga isuzu 4ja1 owners na normal yung white kapag cold pa engine but mine is thicker white smoke. White smoke when cold, which then normalizes as engine temp increases could be a sign of poor engine compression. Cold engines have larger clearances, therefore lower compression pressures. As engine temperature increases, the pistons thermally expand, and lube oil wets the piston rings and improve their sealing function, which have an effect of improving compression. This is the reason why you have less white smoke pag matagal mo na nagamit ang sasakyan.

I checked my oil everyday morning kung nagsusunog na sya ng oil pero consistent naman yung level ng oil nya nasa max level. Im also thinking that it might be my valve seals pero im not sure or yung mga naliligaw na nahihigop na oil from the air breather galing sa valve cover direting to the air intake.
    Excessive oil gas discharge from the valve cover is a definite indication of compression loss through the piston rings. Compression gasses pass through the piston/piston ring/and cylinder walls; fill up the engine block, and these gasses escape through the valve cover breather. You may need to check your engine's compression pressure.

Kakapaadjust ko lang din ng valve clearance ko last two weeks pino naman yung andar. medyo mahina din hatak and 8km/L consumption ko pero tyaga lang muna ako kasi wala pa budget kung magpapa calibrate ako, sana meron ng christmas bonus hehehe
    Your problem is probably not caused by the fuel injection system.

Did you experience previous engine overheat situation/s?

Bye,

Dieseldude

Diesel Fuel Injection System Help Desk