New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 144 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    tama naman din mga post,e.. noon sinusuka ang japanese brand, then sumikat, sinusuka naman ang korean..now sinusuka ang chinese brand... parang cycle lang ang nangyayari--kaya, lets just wait, sandali nalng makakakuha na tayo ng test-unit kung magpprovide sila....

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SNAKE V6 View Post

This is the Philippines, we don't freakin' care about safety. Construction workers seldom wear hard hats, or reflectorized jackets or hard toe shoes. Tricyles and scooters roam the street like they're on a highway to hell and no one's catching them for recklessness. We cross the streets like we're on a suicide mission. We're buying freakin' junks from industrialized countries. Converting what was supposed to be on the right to the left just so we could ride a decently priced SUV. Cause damn, we can't afford the real thing. We ride jeepneys belching out black smoke....and we don't care..we simply just don't care. As long as it's cheap and it works w'll buy it.

So I say, bring this thing to the Philippines. Let us be the judge.
    di po ako kasama sa "we" nyo sir. i do care about safety. lalo nat sasakay pamilya ko. and what do you mean we cant afford the real thing? like an X5? i like the X5 but i dont need it. there are lots of safer cars out there. kaya nga sinasabi namin. tingnan muna. peace!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    tama naman din mga post,e.. noon sinusuka ang japanese brand, then sumikat, sinusuka naman ang korean..now sinusuka ang chinese brand... parang cycle lang ang nangyayari--kaya, lets just wait, sandali nalng makakakuha na tayo ng test-unit kung magpprovide sila....
    tumpak! amen ako dyan

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    enough bashing, lets wait and see it first..tsaka na ako magcocoment pros speculation lang tayo nate at naOOT pa...

basta pag magtetest kayo, sama ako,ha mas maganda kung ask natin magprovide ng test-unit sila for our tsikot reviewers(uyy sama ako pwede?)

un-biased naman magreview at magbash tayo dito,e...unlike sa web mags and most motoring journals....
    We are just pointing out the facts that some of their vehicles are a 99% aesthetic clones of many popular brands without the consent of "donor" vehicles. Couple that with reports trickling in from the US & Europe of some vehicles miserably failing standard crash tests.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Guys ... here's for you who are rooting for the chery QQ read this review from an owner from Egypt:

2005 Chery QQ EZDrive from Egypt - Comments
    27th Apr 2006, 01:55
    "Good sensible small car"

What things have gone wrong with the car?
    The internal boot release stopped working, will fix on my next visit to the dealer.

General comments?
    Well, after driving my chery QQ EZDrive for 450 kms, I feel I can give some points on my experience.

1st, the car is certainly very good. I had a lot of fear buying a chinese car, but I think it is no worse than any egyptian (127, Uno), indian (Alto, Zen) or korean (Matiz) assembled car.

1. The Seating:
    The seating is a little high, which gives a nice view of the road. The chair is more comfortable than my Regata, but less than the Toyota Yaris I sat in once. But good and comfy overall. My pregnant wife sits nice and comfy too. I always put on seatbelt, and it is not a bother at all, and is smooth, more than my Regata. My old mother sat in the back and was comfortable enough. Not as much room as bigger cars in the back, but you won't feel cramped.

2. The Boot:
    It's very small compared to my Regata. 190 litres vs 513 litres for my Regata, but the rear seats fold 60/40 to give a flat floor, which I think compensates, and will be very useful someday. Also 190 litres are enough for shopping bags and some small handbags.

One thing that upsets me is that the internal release of the boot stopped working. I know that it is minor and will be fixed in my next visit to the dealer, but still it bothers me.

3. The Interior:
    All the switches and knobs feel of good quality. I feel they can last well.

The low beam light switch is placed a little far away on the dash, which is annoying, but most other switches are within reach and work well.

I have 4 electric windows and they work fine. Also the wipers. The water at the front wipers sprays very low, so cleaning the windshield with the wipers is not always enough, you have to pour water yourself to reach the high end of the windshield. The rear wiper works great, and the rear water spray reaches all the glass well. The fit and finish is good at best. Nothing really bad, but as I said just good.

The interior space is fine. It is actully larger inside than the external dimensions would say. Front leg space is good, rear leg space is adequate.

4. The Engine:
    I'm still in the run in period for the 1st 1000 kms, but I have reached 90 kms in the car. I feel the acceleration and speed are more than adequate, and a little more than I expected from a 3 cylinder 52 hp engine. I went up slopes with 3 people in the car including me, and with minimal planning, I can take the slope with no loss in speed at all.

The car is an automatic, so I believe a manual that is run in should be even better on slopes. Start stop traffic acceleration is good, and I rarely feel left behind, but in the end I'm not really trying to win any races.

Fuel consumbtion is just great. On my first fill up, I did 397 kms with 21 litres. Much much better than my Regata, which did 160 kms with 20 litres. NOTE: approx. 44.5 miles per gallon

This car is great for the rising price of petrol. This was done with 70% highway and 30% city driving, but I do have a heavy foot and accelerate a lot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

30th Apr 2006, 06:12
    I'm the original poster.

I went today to the dealer for the 1000 kms service. I paid for the oil and filter, but not for the work. they fixed the boot release and the A/c, it was a little weak, but now is much better. as the run in period is now over, I took the car to 100 km/h and started driving aggressively. the car doesn't disappoint. just the usb port in the car fried my IPOD!!! and a flash disk. they should either cover it or provide an mp3 player that works with this usb port. anyhow, nice car, but somewhat inexperienced dealer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17th May 2006, 18:18
    I have my car for 6 months & almost 2500km. Within that period it was running good, suddenly I faced rough rear absorbers, hesitation while taking off (it is AMT), knocking in the right front wheel and a sharp sound (like a loose spring) on the corners.

The dealer changed the rear shock absorbers and asked me if they could take the car to their main work-shop, which is 220 km away from my home city, to fix it. Also I owe the dealer my mp3 player, which has been burned once I plugged it in the USB hub (that is not mentioned in the car manual). On the other the side, it is a nice compact car and full of options compared with its price and its running costs.

24th May 2006, 04:26
    Sorry about your MP3 player, it seems I'm not the only one to fall in the trap of the deadly usb slot.

I've now completed 1800 kms and the car is still doing great. although I feel the car drinks more fuel than before, but I think it is mainly because I'm getting more comfortable and aggressive driving the car. still averaging a good 17 km/l.

The A/C is still a little weak though.

24th Jul 2006, 07:46
    I recently got a new QQ car. I think the engine gets some what high temperatures. Can anyone here tell me is it normal or not? The scale is at the mid point. Although the car is generally very good.

16th Aug 2006, 06:47
    The temp gauge reaches midpoint 3 minutes from starting the car and then stays there. this is normal. it is when the gauge passes the mid point that you should worry.

2nd Sep 2006, 00:54
    Hi, I'm in Cairo and I'm interested in buying a new car

do you recommend the Cherry QQ?!!

How does it drive with the A/C on, and what options does it come with

also if you can compare it to the Geely (another Chinese car brand), which is better

thank you very much

5th Sep 2006, 03:13
    Chery QQ is nice economic car, it is full option.It is still have power even with A/C.

I think it is a suitable car if you are looking for a small car.

17th Sep 2006, 16:24
    Please all; I am on the edge of buying Cherry QQ and I want a pure advice taking into consideration that I have other options such as Suzuki Alto, Fiat Uno and 128.

I am just afraid that Cherry QQ might not stand the distance I'll have to drive daily especially that my work is far from my residence by 20 – 25 Km.

Please advice urgently.

E-mail Address:- rdeyaa*gmail.com

22nd Oct 2006, 02:08
    Hi all,

I'm just searching for a new small car to buy and finally when I saw chery QQ 2007 (the small one) which is 1100 CC with full option, it's attracted me although it's Chinese and a lot of people makes me afraid from the Chinese products... so I'm just confused, that after 2 or 3 years the car becomes no more car ...So if any1 has chery QQ 2004,just give me his/her comment and helps me to take final decision about this car...

Thanks in advance.

14th Nov 2006, 12:29
    I’m in Cairo too and you know how demanding our roads are!

So considering this new flood of Chinese built vehicles, sorry some assembled in Egypt. No one asked about the durability of these cars, though there was
    a terrible experience for the same vehicles in the late eighties and early nineties, no matter how cheap they were (are) but building solid cars is the first principal of good industry, could any one believe of the Chinese quality?

Waiting answer

Thank you

* gamalsayed2007*yahoo.com.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Im based in China for many years now and i know chinese cars. only people who can't afford Euro,Japanese or American get them, and they admit. yeah they are fairly cheap, but there's a compromise in quality, safety standards, which is the most important the way they drive, riding comfort and other features. a pinoy friend got a Greatwall SUV 3yrs ago, now, its like a piece of junk in his garage, very unreliable considereing they have all the service facilities arou

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth View Post
    we haven't met personally but through your posts i can glean that you're a reasonable man. i only say this because i am going to disagree with you (and i hope you won't take this personally). first, there are many members of our society who will value price above all else. ukay-ukay's prosper. we're a "tingi" economy. cellphone load go for as low as 3 pesos. people will fight and kill for a 1 peso change. "prinsipyo na pinaglalaban dito," ika nga nila.

what am i trying to say? if you haven't ridden on a single motorcycle with 4 other smelly passengers, then you haven't completely understood what its like to be in their social stratum on a visceral level. simply put, you're not their target market.

is the chery any less inferior than the owner-type jeep assembled by mang mando, the neighborhood handyman? don't forget, we're a nation who wouldn't mind driving an owner-type jeep, while smoking a burning cigarette, with the gas tank right under his a$$. i'm not espousing that we should embrace recklessness and forget safety, rather we should work with what we have. if the chery is what the country needs, then lets fix it to the point that we can achieve safety that is acceptable to most people. there must be room for compromise somewhere there.

quite frankly, if the price is right, i myself wouldn't mind jumping on the chery bandwagon. and if it breaks down after a year or two, with the way the chinese work, i'm hoping there will be more than enough spare parts to go around. that, or dump the sorry thing and get another one, especially if the price is right. i believe this is how the japanese started. a good game plan which was subsequently followed by the koreans. and now here come the chinese. could this be the next big three in the automobile world? i remember my grandparents used to laugh at anything made in japan back then. look where toyota is now.

man, have you seen any of these Chery vehicles upclose? QQ for example shares the same market as Spark, Picanto and Matiz, but myself having seen these 4 cars, would chose the QQ the least. why?
    - unknown Engine Brand
    - no luster, cheap paint quality and materials for interior (gray plastic like the one used in daihatsu or even worse)
    - questionable built quality, masinipis masyado kaha
    - compromised safety features specially for its size
    - i would'nt mind if this Chinese Brand madeup for extra features or added comfort, but its just the worst production car i've ever seen.
    poor dash, steering, fabric, mechanisms....ahhhh, never mind.

even chinese themselves "ridicule" this car whenever they see one. and i would always, anytime of any given day, choose a stainless Owner-type Jeep ni Mang Mando than QQ. atleast its tested and more reliable, i would'nt mind even with those huge corny speakers, stickers and elisi basta wag QQ.

plus i really dont think QQ will be sold for P300k here. the 1.1L mt for example is being sold for 55,800 RMB in China,thats more than P330K na plus the shipping cost, duties, tax, etc aabot yan almost the price of Picanto. Greatwall Nexus is being sold here for 1.8M, while the top trim is just around 146K RMB in China or P900K here.....ay doble pa!
    Last edited by yuichi; June 8th, 2007 at 04:35 PM.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    principles change during desperate times when there's desperate need. the real issue for the majority of pinoys is how much quality they can afford these days. just make it look pleasing enough then it should be fine. have you notice how all items in dollar shops look shiny and familiar? divisoria, binondo, chinatown, tiangges... people flock to these places for "good buys" (a subjective definition). hunting for a bargain commodity with 4 wheels is nothing different, so why wonder why people find the cherry approach appealing? like most chinese retail shops which appear overnight like mushrooms, the cherry phenomena may follow suit even beyond Asia. from a business standpoint the people behind the company know how to simply market cr*p. and since they have the industrial workforce muscle to back it up, the rest of the world is willing to watch and wait for the awakening of the slumbering dragon accdg to times asia. i personally disagree with their stand on copyright issue, but i like their bullish approach to push their agenda forward which is something the philippines business sector should take note of. it's also a matter of perception. both brands fail in quality but cherry has better designers than norkis therefore ...(fill in the blank). that is why the tsikot phuv program was established by individuals who commonly believe the pinoys deserve something better and therefore pursue a better alternative to the cherryses and norkises out there. so don't bash the good guys, they're working for us. however the cherry is somewhat a platform on which we can test how and where the phuv should go. your voices re the cherry may echo what most pinoys want for the phuv- so keep 'em coming- lawd and cleear!

"shut-up Helios, you've made your point"

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    benefits of China Chery:

- ma-reduce na PUV's sa road coz more and more people can afford or can loan low SRP cars
    - the Japanese CARtel will think twice on raising their SRP's everytime a new feature/model is released.
    - if this will become full-blast, more and more bizmen/merchants/importers will join the car biz bandwagon - supplier of parts, open up service centers, more car accessories shops, more car washes -> more jobs too
    - big-time financiers of carnapping syndicates will lose interest in the lucrative illegal car trade that it is today. why? bec. too much risk, but too low "profit" margin. parang cellphone snatching na lang, since pang-masa na ang cellphones, pang petty thieves na lang

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Ibig sabihin nyan, magku-close shop na yung mga manufacturers ng mg "Owner Type" jeeps?

Chery Cars Philippines (Iseway Motors)