New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 139 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mousemouse View Post
    Can you guys share your actual experience with HID retrofits? I keep seeing bad feedback about HIDs (ballasts going bad in a few months, warning coming from the ECU from time to time, moisture getting in, etc..)

Has anything bad happened to your retrofits? How long do the bulbs and ballasts usually last?

I have contacted the retrofit shops mentioned here. Xenon concepts is the least expensive-- 10k for an OEM looking retrofit using NHK projectors and bulbs, additional 4k for OEM bulbs. HIDretrofit told me 19k but I am not sure if the bulbs are OEM at this price.

Anyway, I am just worried that I have problems so I want to hear your actual experiences.
    My HID retrofits from Redline are almost 2 years old and are still doing fine. Paid 20k before. NHK ballasts and bulbs.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    yun sa ES, 3yrs na. FD, 2yrs.
    both from xenon

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    *jut703, ads13- thanks! I think redline quoted me 17k for the stage 2 retrofit. By the way, were you present when they did the retrofit? I see photos from Xenon concepts showing opened headlights while still mounted on the car while I've also seen photos from other shops showing disassembled bumpers, etc.. Or is bumper removal dependent on the car?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    *jut703, ads13- thanks! I think redline quoted me 17k for the stage 2 retrofit. By the way, were you present when they did the retrofit? I see photos from Xenon concepts showing opened headlights while still mounted on the car while I've also seen photos from other shops showing disassembled bumpers, etc.. Or is bumper removal dependent on the car?
    I'm not present, my brother arranged it for me
    i think they need to disassemble the bumper for easy access.
    with stage 2 they will cut the housing to fit the projector

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    okay got it, thanks for the photos!

Quote Originally Posted by ads13 View Post
    I'm not present, my brother arranged it for me
    i think they need to disassemble the bumper for easy access.
    with stage 2 they will cut the housing to fit the projector

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I watched as xenon concepts installed projectors on my vios.

They had to undo the bumper because one of the bolts is under the bumper.

When they got the headlight housing, they used a couple of screw drivers and removed a few screws and a heatgun to melt the sealant. When the sealant is soft, they used screw drivers to pry the assembly open.

When opened, they removed the clips that hold the h4 bulbs and then slid the projectors in the reflector bowl and bolted it to the headlight assembly.

The pic of the headlght attached with no cover was done to aim the headlight to the wall.

Once aligned, they add more butyl sealant, heated the remaining sealant and force fitted the cover then locked the latches and finally put on the screw.

3 hours to do.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    ok sirkosero, probably sa lahat ng cars baklas nga ang bumper. No problems with your retrofit? how long have you had it?

Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    I watched as xenon concepts installed projectors on my vios.

They had to undo the bumper because one of the bolts is under the bumper.

When they got the headlight housing, they used a couple of screw drivers and removed a few screws and a heatgun to melt the sealant. When the sealant is soft, they used screw drivers to pry the assembly open.

When opened, they removed the clips that hold the h4 bulbs and then slid the projectors in the reflector bowl and bolted it to the headlight assembly.

The pic of the headlght attached with no cover was done to aim the headlight to the wall.

Once aligned, they add more butyl sealant, heated the remaining sealant and force fitted the cover then locked the latches and finally put on the screw.

3 hours to do.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    No problem naman sa retrofit though i just had it for 3 months now.

Nakakainis lamg sa probinsya, overtake ako ng motor pag gabi para 'maki-ilaw' pero di naman sila lalayo.

Nung pinatay ko ilaw ko, ayun bigla sila humarurot

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    haha parang gamo gamo

Nakakainis lamg sa probinsya, overtake ako ng motor pag gabi para 'maki-ilaw' pero di naman sila lalayo.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012

That's so funny. But nakakainis nga if ako ang nasa pwesto mo.

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Tapatalk