New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 139 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Had a Stage 2 kit from HIDRetrofits installed on a Tucson way back in 2013. No issues to date. I have to agree that they were expensive (paid something like 22-24k) but I concede that the work done was top notch. They were a class of their own back then.

But it's already 2017. After four years, you'd think they've figured out how to streamline the process so it will cost less. Or maybe optimize their supply chain so they still get the same quality parts at a lower cost. But apparently, they decided to keep their prices pretty much the same throughout the past years.
    mine was also done at HIDRetrofits way back in 2014 on my TBZ. but one out of the five DRL was already busted (left side HID assembly)... saka ko na lang papapalitan pag may mahabang idle time and will try the other recommended shop dito. am expecting that the cost would be much cheaper now... (paid around 35K before).

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumusut_Amige View Post
    mine was also done at HIDRetrofits way back in 2014 on my TBZ. but one out of the five DRL was already busted (left side HID assembly)... saka ko na lang papapalitan pag may mahabang idle time and will try the other recommended shop dito. am expecting that the cost would be much cheaper now... (paid around 35K before).
    Same cost pa rin now if stage 3 retrofit with DRL. Too few quality players in the market = artificially high prices.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Had my 11th gen corolla retrofitted by redline. Quad projectors and the fog lamps were replaced with projectors too. I think reasonable and price niya given the warranty that he offers. On the 2nd year, busted yung isang projector and he replaced it still at no cost. Tots also noticed mahina na buga ng fogs ko (which I really did not notice) and he replaced that at no cost too.

Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    Anybody tried/heard of RetroTech Projector Retrofits by Redline Auto Works?

RetroTech Projector Retrofits by Redline Auto Works - Home | Facebook

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Same cost pa rin now if stage 3 retrofit with DRL. Too few quality players in the market = artificially high prices.

still fresh from the back of my head na sabi sa akin noon na 1k per DRL so bale 5k per HID assembly. so far ok pa naman yung iba but expecting them to follow the first busted DRL noting na iisang batch lang sila.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Up natin yung thread.

Still waiting for walter's experience. Nakakaintriga yung comment nya eh

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Oh ... one of the headlights retrofitted became hazy ... one of the the park lights wouldn't work after 3-5 months ... turns out the park light bulb was loose ... plus the bumper wasn't placed properly when it was removed so a section was a bit deformed when it was re-installed ... to each his own ... most have good experience with hidretrofit.net ... mine wasn't as good ... so next time would be trying out the others ...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    ^ oh. Fair enough. Napa warranty mo ba yung hazy side?

Baka nataon lang din. Oh well.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    My experience with HIDretrofit: Loose connection on the part where the fuse is inserted. Only connected by electrical tape. There are times that it won't power up so I have to pop the hood and wiggle connection for it to light up. Happens around 5 times per year. It is now on its 4th year, thus warranty is already out. I changed the bulb on the 3rd year(DIY), the ballast is still unchanged. Scratches on the bumper when the headlight was removed. Installation was a bit rushed, there were three of us being worked on, at the previous taguig location. Installation took 3 hrs. I would probably change it to LED after the bulb performance declines.

Experience with retrotech: Wide variety of options for projectors, shroud and bulbs. My specifications were met and paid way less than HIDretrofit's. I liked the quality of the install better. Sole customer being worked on. It took a whole day but atleast installation was well done. No issues so far after a year. All of my questions/doubts(due to not so good experience from above) were adressed and well explained.

Planning to check xenon concepts for the next project if their prices are competitive.
    How does firedrake fare?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hypnos View Post
    My experience with HIDretrofit: Loose connection on the part where the fuse is inserted. Only connected by electrical tape. There are times that it won't power up so I have to pop the hood and wiggle connection for it to light up. Happens around 5 times per year. It is now on its 4th year, thus warranty is already out. I changed the bulb on the 3rd year(DIY), the ballast is still unchanged. Scratches on the bumper when the headlight was removed. Installation was a bit rushed, there were three of us being worked on, at the previous taguig location. Installation took 3 hrs. I would probably change it to LED after the bulb performance declines.

Experience with retrotech: Wide variety of options for projectors, shroud and bulbs. My specifications were met and paid way less than HIDretrofit's. I liked the quality of the install better. Sole customer being worked on. It took a whole day but atleast installation was well done. No issues so far after a year. All of my questions/doubts(due to not so good experience from above) were adressed and well explained.

Planning to check xenon concepts for the next project if their prices are competitive.
    How does firedrake fare?
    How much were you charged by Tots? I paid 20k for my retrofit, same cost quoted to me by Gary.

Xenon Concepts is only 10k but uses the same materials so I'm curious to try it out.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    How much were you charged by Tots? I paid 20k for my retrofit, same cost quoted to me by Gary.

Xenon Concepts is only 10k but uses the same materials so I'm curious to try it out.

19k for retrotech, 25k for Gary. Both stage 3.
    Just to add, The other car that was being installed when I had my car done at HIDretrofit, was done well.
    So maybe I was just assigned to a sloppy installer.