New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by srbogoy View Post
    very much satisfied of the devils own h20/meth injection system on my 2005 isuzu dmax,,,at first test run i use only pure distilled water then,
    using 50/50 mixture of ethyl alcohol,,,many tnx dvldoc..
    the plastic container am using is a 5 ltrs petrol tank of Stihl chain saw..

So what type of gains did you get and notice with the 50/50 mix on your vehicle. Hows your lowend and top end power.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    set the kit pressure switch to 12 psi and can feel the power boost when the kit is working, that is at 80 km/h and straight up in seconds, also connected a toggle switch in cab where i can switch it off.

also compared the h20/meth kit with my Tunit, the tunit works on throttle half way pressed that is also at 80 km/h up, but i prefer using the h20/meth kit this time that is because of lower EGT's and clean combustion chamber from soot build-up.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Did a 50/50 mix on a 4JG2-TC with M3 nozzle and it went well no lag, no hesitation and no EGT problems.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by srbogoy View Post
    set the kit pressure switch to 12 psi and can feel the power boost when the kit is working, that is at 80 km/h and straight up in seconds, also connected a toggle switch in cab where i can switch it off.

also compared the h20/meth kit with my Tunit, the tunit works on throttle half way pressed that is also at 80 km/h up, but i prefer using the h20/meth kit this time that is because of lower EGT's and clean combustion chamber from soot build-up.
    You can use the systems together plus with the alcohol injection you can set it lower to get the power sooner. I checked out there site to bad they don't use real dyno results just estimation based off advertised factory power which is power at the crank and not how much a vehicle makes. You can take a factory rated power and take off around 17% for drive train loss and that is closer to the vehicles power.

But chipped vehicles along with alcohol injection can get up to 40% more power not that is a good thing for the drive trains there but works well on US vehicles.

Glad your happy with your results, The alcohol injection should be providing more power and a better power curve than the chip due to the cooling effect.

And now people know the product works just as advertised. This is about the best modification you can do to any turbo diesel period.

We will probably offer a dyno again at speedlab. This time a automatic. We like testing them with around 5 to 6psi activation so you see the potential over the full powerband.

PM if anyone is interested. Speedlab should have kits in about 2 weeks in stock I am really wanting to do a Fortuner or newer Starex or CRDI vehicle.

And now no waisting money on Biodiesel because it's gains are minor in comparison.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Just found this thread. Looks interesting. Some questions though.

1. Do I understand correctly that this works for both diesel and petrol engines? what about lpg powered cars?
    2. This mixes with the fuel, correct? What happens to the water?
    3. You claim lower intake and exhuast gas temps, does this mean a cooler running engine? Wont this make the engine run cooler than it was designed for?
    4. What kind of fuel economy figures are we looking at?

Thanks.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Just found this thread. Looks interesting. Some questions though.

1. Do I understand correctly that this works for both diesel and petrol engines? what about lpg powered cars?
    2. This mixes with the fuel, correct? What happens to the water?
    3. You claim lower intake and exhuast gas temps, does this mean a cooler running engine? Wont this make the engine run cooler than it was designed for?
    4. What kind of fuel economy figures are we looking at?

Thanks.
    1. Yes it works on both diesel and petrol engines. There would be little gain in a LPG vehicle.

2. The mixture sprays into the air intake stream pulling the heat out of the air and surrounding metal surfaces. You can touch the intake and feel that it is ice cold.

3. The lower exhaust gas temps and intake temps is not a claim it is just a simple fact of alcohol injection it can be verified with a laser thermometer on the intake or EGT gauge Remember if you can't prove it don't buy it don't sell it. If you do your research you can find vehicles towing 15,000lbs loads seeing 250F EGT temps drop common in the states. This is why they use the alcohol/water injection.

Your engine operating temps will be normal it keeps the engine in the right range. Exhaust gas temps above 1250F cause damage to turbos and internal engine components. As you can see by the photo of the Stares's temp gauge it is in the normal range even after 6 dyno pulls. If you did this without the alcohol injection the temps would be elevated and the EGT temps would be high.

4. Fuel economy, that all depends on the driver. The only way to get better fuel economy is to have more power at less throttle. Anything that claims something different is a false claim. You can see up to 5-15% fuel savings depending on activation point, solution used, driving style and city or highway driving. There are alot of factors in fuel economy.

Say you drove to Baguio pulling a load and you had to have the throttle at 78% to maintain speed up the inclines and say you had alcohol injection and you only needed 55% throttle to do the same speed and your not using extra fuel like tuner chips. Then your fuel consumption is going to be lower. It will vary from vehicle to vehicle and person to person. Any company claiming blanket fuel savings without these factors you should steer clear of.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    2. The mixture sprays into the air intake stream pulling the heat out of the air and surrounding metal surfaces. You can touch the intake and feel that it is ice cold.
    Just to clarify, so the mixture enters the combustion chamber with the intake stroke, is compressed, combusted and exhausted just like petrol or diesel. Right?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Found the following in wiki. Any truth to it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_i..._%28engines%29

The drawback of the system is that injecting water quenches the flame in the combustion chambers somewhat, as there is no way to cool the engine parts without cooling the flame accidentally. This leads to unburned fuel out the exhaust and a characteristic trail of black smoke.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Found the following in wiki. Any truth to it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_i..._%28engines%29
    Yeah maybe if you injected a non proportionally large amount of water directly into the combustion chambers.

Wiki info comes from regular folks just something to remember. Looks like they need to do a little research or real world testing before posting up something that is clearly wrong.

If you have unburnt fuel then your emissions are higher not lower as it's been proven.

You should go off of real studies and not wiki
    Here's one from NASA for starters.
    http://gltrs.grc.nasa.gov/reports/20...002-211978.pdf
    http://www.cleanshipsconference.com/pdfs/Weisser.pdf
    http://www.tc.gc.ca/TDC/publication/...200/14272e.pdf
    http://www.energy.ca.gov/afvs/clean_diesel.html
    http://www.tc.gc.ca/tdc/projects/marine/g/9095.htm

It really does not matter which study you search for it's a proven fact back by science. And the conclusion is the same no matter the researcher.

Type in water injection emission reduction in google you'll find many US states and countries around the world have done studies at universities as well as independent studies and they all same the same thing.

Reduces emissions.

You have the emission test posted for you to look at and tell you there is a reduction as well. You can make your own conclusions from there.

Don't see any black smoke here.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wGcJ94wtQ0"]YouTube - STAREX DYNO ALCOHOL INJECTION[/ame]

Adding as little as 15% alcohol will give a diesel engine a 100% fuel burn they normally have 20 to 30% unburnt fuel , IE the black smoke. But even on pure water there is significant reductions in emissions.

I'll let the Kit owners tell you their own experiences with the vehicles reduction in black smoke.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Userfriendly,

I am an avid fan of turbo diesels. Where I do my apprenticeship I have seen compressors, impellers, shafts in diesel engines that some can only imagine. It is very true that the prime limiter of any turbo no matter how big or small is excessive temperature. There is no other cost effective way to cool a turbo once an intercooler/aftercooler has failed.

Injecting the water/methanol at the precise boost pressure is of prime importance to avoid quenching the flame and also preserving the mixture to last until the vehicles destination with the least ( or no) refill.

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Devilsown Alcohol Injection Event Results