New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Want more proof of emission reductions, Heres the starex on the 6th pull on the dyno with the 50/50 mix we pretty much cleaned this motor out on the first sets of run. We ran out of alcohol on the 4th pull probably lost a little power at the end and as soon as it happened the black smoke came back almost instantly. We were all wondering why the vehicle was smoking so bad.

Then I looked at the tank. Guys were out of juice

I think this proved the point even better than the emission printouts and you know this company does not make any false claims.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wGcJ94wtQ0"]YouTube - STAREX DYNO ALCOHOL INJECTION[/ame]

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Looks like we have a winner here.

So, how much will my total cash lay-out to have this fitted in my 2003 Isuzu Crosswind XUV?

Is the alcohol injection kit transferrable to another diesel engine vehicle?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ooba99 View Post
    Looks like we have a winner here.

So, how much will my total cash lay-out to have this fitted in my 2003 Isuzu Crosswind XUV?

Is the alcohol injection kit to another diesel engine vehicle?
    You would have to check with speedlab on the install fee, but the crosswind is super easy to put a kit on even with minor mechanic skills.

You would be looking at probably 3 hours labor charge most likely.

Yes you can remove and install on different vehicle at any time, Very easy to remove and does not leave much of a imprint when gone.

This is the best modification for the money period for any turbo diesel vehicle. The performance and price cannot be touched by anything offered in the Philippines.

If you can get gains this big on vehicles that make this power just imagine what newer more powerful engines will gain.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Bottom line the Starex picked up 18% more HP and 23.5% more torque will reducing emissions over 70% and this is with the intercooler bypassed and not in use.

He will be posting some more opinions on the kit once he gets a chance to get out of the heavy traffic of manila. The other guys manila and down in Cebu and Zambo also have there kits that I'm sure we will hear some great results.
    I believe the vehicles are 2 crosswinds, trooper, and a MPV.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I'm sold! The emissions benefits alone seem worth it.

I just need to figure out when I'll get the budget to do this on our Crosswind...
    You sure it's going to the crosswind and not into your Lynx RS? :drunk:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Hmmm... this is interesting. Just waiting for a guinea pig and dyno sheets for a NA gas engined vehicle.
    hmmm, same here. Sounds like an interesting "mod" for my sentra.

a possible gain of 10% of 139whp. :cool01:

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    You sure it's going to the crosswind and not into your Lynx RS? :drunk:
    I've said this in our conversation over text... but I'll put it out in public... no moolah... once I get the Lynx back, it stays as it is till we start doing brake pad testing for Run-Stop.

But with the increasing Nazi-ishness of Makati's sniffer boys, I think this will be a worthy mod for the Crosswind... and worth the expense.

And it doesn't hurt that it makes power, too...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    very much satisfied of the devils own h20/meth injection system on my 2005 isuzu dmax,,,at first test run i use only pure distilled water then,
    using 50/50 mixture of ethyl alcohol,,,many tnx dvldoc..
    the plastic container am using is a 5 ltrs petrol tank of Stihl chain saw..

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Sir dvldoc,

If you keep the whole system on, how many kms do you think 1 liter of the 50:50 ethyl alc/distilled water mixture can run, let's say, highway driving, or even mixed city/hwy?

I'm asking this just to estimate the need for refills if I have a 5 liter container for the mixture.

Thanks

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Drave View Post
    Sir dvldoc,

If you keep the whole system on, how many kms do you think 1 liter of the 50:50 ethyl alc/distilled water mixture can run, let's say, highway driving, or even mixed city/hwy?

I'm asking this just to estimate the need for refills if I have a 5 liter container for the mixture.

Thanks
    That all depends on your set point (boost pressure) and how often your at that point and your nozzle size. But a 5 litter tank should easily last 2 tanks of fuel before refills

I would would actually mount the pressure switch in the cab if given the chance so you can change the settings for different driving styles. Say if your on the highway you only need the system for acceleration and passing so you do not want it activating in your normal cruising speed of say 80kph.
    for example or 1600rpms. That or a toggle switch to turn off when you don't need to use it.

Also you don't need max power all the time if I would go with a lesser mix like 20% you still get plenty of low end power and a strong top end. Water is cheap and so is ethyl alcohol which seems will be the easiest to get since Methanol is considered controlled in many locations in the PI.

At 50P to 60P for 500ml it can be mixed up pretty easy and cheap. Try to avoid iso alcohol, it has far less octane and cooling properties.

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Devilsown Alcohol Injection Event Results