New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    I can't say anything about the Montero's performance because I have not tried it. Though I must say it really looks great.

But I could attest to the Everest's ruggedness and reliability. Three days after I got it out of the stock room, I took it offroad to the Araneta farm in Bulacan and it survived. (Though it had to be towed twice because the H/T tires could not get any traction on the sticky mud).

After a lift and changing to maximum traction (M/T) tires, isinabak ko na ng husto sa trails. Just a few areas it had been too: Jungle Base trail in Tanay (4 times), Mt. Tapulao (4 times, although once lang umabot sa summit, the other times we had to turn back because the road was no longer passable). Mt. Banoy in Batangas, Mt. Tamawan (Miyamit Falls in Pampanga), Sapang Bato (Clark hot springs), Mt. Pinatubo (Juliana Train), Taysan trail, Balayan trail, Lomotan trail, and a lot of other places I can no longer recall. Once, I even brought it on a long, hard drive from Bangued (Abra), across to Balbalasang and Balbalan (in Kalinga), then back down to Baguio via Bontoc. The roads here are so rough that only jeeps with welded differentials and using tall truck tires are the means of commute.

I have been through all kinds of terrain, soft flowing mud, viscous stickly mud, rocks, soft lahar, hardened lahar, you name it. Not to mention the numerous river crossings with sandy, rocky, or muddy river beds.

In spite of all these punishing trips and with over 60,000 kms on the odometer (2.5 years), the only major part I had to replace (as Drave already mentioned) were the rubber front suspension bushings. But it was to be expected since I installed a steel bumper at the front which was 25 kgs. heavier than my original bumper. (I am now considering instally polypropylene bushings).

If my experience is not an indication of the Everest's durability, I don't know what is.

But who knows, some day someone would be able to test his MS the way that I did my Everest and then we can have a comparison. I'm keeping an open mind.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by FWC View Post
    I can't say anything about the Montero's performance because I have not tried it. Though I must say it really looks great.

But I could attest to the Everest's ruggedness and reliability. Three days after I got it out of the stock room, I took it offroad to the Araneta farm in Bulacan and it survived. (Though it had to be towed twice because the H/T tires could not get any traction on the sticky mud).

After a lift and changing to maximum traction (M/T) tires, isinabak ko na ng husto sa trails. Just a few areas it had been too: Jungle Base trail in Tanay (4 times), Mt. Tapulao (4 times, although once lang umabot sa summit, the other times we had to turn back because the road was no longer passable). Mt. Banoy in Batangas, Mt. Tamawan (Miyamit Falls in Pampanga), Sapang Bato (Clark hot springs), Mt. Pinatubo (Juliana Train), Taysan trail, Balayan trail, Lomotan trail, and a lot of other places I can no longer recall. Once, I even brought it on a long, hard drive from Bangued (Abra), across to Balbalasang and Balbalan (in Kalinga), then back down to Baguio via Bontoc. The roads here are so rough that only jeeps with welded differentials and using tall truck tires are the means of commute.

I have been through all kinds of terrain, soft flowing mud, viscous stickly mud, rocks, soft lahar, hardened lahar, you name it. Not to mention the numerous river crossings with sandy, rocky, or muddy river beds.

In spite of all these punishing trips and with over 60,000 kms on the odometer (2.5 years), the only major part I had to replace (as Drave already mentioned) were the rubber front suspension bushings. But it was to be expected since I installed a steel bumper at the front which was 25 kgs. heavier than my original bumper. (I am now considering instally polypropylene bushings).

If my experience is not an indication of the Everest's durability, I don't know what is.

But who knows, some day someone would be able to test his MS the way that I did my Everest and then we can have a comparison. I'm keeping an open mind.
    Wow sir kaka bading naman yang everest nyo machong macho na kasi dahil sa napaka daming work out na napag daanan...
    Bow down talaga ako sa Power,performance and 4x4 capability ng mga eve natin dito sa forum...Built for tough talaga!!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Drave View Post
    Bro, baka yung gen1 everest FC yan. Hindi masyadong matipid yan. Yung 2.5L ng gen2 everest, mga 9-10km/L city. Yung sa akin 3.0 4x4, 8 km/L (75%city/ 25%hwy)

Drave, I'm not familiar with the generations of the Eve, but the Eve I'm talking about was bought in Dec. 2004, 4x2, 2.5L engine. We sold it after just 8 months of ownership.

Gen 1 ba yan? Thanks for any clarifications.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    sir leonleon, gen1 yan.

nako. nakakatakot pala pag bumangga ang ranger

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    IIf my experience is not an indication of the Everest's durability, I don't know what is.

Sana nga someone can test the offroad capabilites of the new MS para magka-alaman na.

Karamihan kasi ng mga 4x4 owners eh di naman binili iyong sasakyan to go offroading. I'm guilty of this, though I've no choice because the MS does not come in 4x2 flavor.

Pang city driving lang talaga 99% of the time. Yung 1% eh pang Manila flooding lang kung matiyempuhan during the rainy season.

Hats off ako sa mga offroaders who truly drive their vehicles to its limits to see its capabilities and I've no doubt about the Eve's offroading competence.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by leonleon View Post
    ...Yung 1% eh pang Manila flooding lang kung matiyempuhan during the rainy season.
    Sabi nga ng mga gun enthusiasts, "Better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it."

My decision to buy an SUV was necessitated by the occasional floods in SLEX and several times, it enabled me to reach home when other cars have to wait for the flood waters to subside.

My decision to take it off-road was to simply enjoy its capabilities. Andiyan na kasi, eh. Sayang naman if you don't get to enjoy it.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Those are bonafide in this forum i need help help...

Mga sir how can I post an image of my eve..

I already did photobuket and other amenities..

i want it kasi to share my ride...

tnx a lot

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kian2x View Post
    Those are bonafide in this forum i need help help...

Mga sir how can I post an image of my eve..

I already did photobuket and other amenities..

i want it kasi to share my ride...

tnx a lot
    bro, when you already uploaded your image at photobucket, under it (when you mouse over) you see an img link. click on it and it will be copied. then paste here on forums. when you click post i should appear as the photo you uploaded. you can upload 5 images including smilies and stuff from photobucket or any image uploading site.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008

galing naman ng everest yng MS, i think it will not be as good as eve in offroading because eve sports a leaf spring while MS has coil springs. mas maganda performance ng leaf sa offroad kesa coil, dba. mas matibay din. malambot lang (cguro, kasi di pa ako naka sakay) ang ride neto pero not as good as leafsprings. our pajero has coil springs and we take it to the farm in bukidnoon sometimes and have a dip on the mud. its doing good, at least in our standard. but i believe leafspring is still way to go and will last longer of you always go offroading

happy new year to all !! :clap:

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008

hi fellow i want to share nga pla my pit my eve....
    this time is when we went to pico de loro nasugbu Batangas, where we constructed the henry Sy's resort...

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
MONTERO SPORT or FORD EVEREST