New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by noobskie View Post
    18"s for a truck ain't that bad. I see a lot of those SUVs with 20"s rims and they look pretty damn good even though I bet ride quality suffers a lot. It looks really contemporary.
    [SIZE=3]There are montero`s with 24"s ( :hi: sir ntyce )[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by JJCarEnthusiast View Post
    ^ that's nice to hear. everest is like a "poor man's" land rover discovery lol
    [SIZE=3]Not really. LOL. The everest`s price is still high and hard to reach. [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by JPG111 View Post

Alin, alin ang naiba?
    [SIZE=3]Baka iba makambyo mo diyan [/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006

I went to ford Greenhills this afternoon to test drive the '09 Ford ranger but there was no ranger available for test drive so i decided to try the '09 everest.. Comapred to the 2.5 4x2 Montero Sport, the 2.5 4x2 everest has more power to offer.. I love the torque of that 2.5 engine, awesome torque :2thumbsup: .. But the ride/suspension of the montero is better.. Exterior/Interior the montero gets my vote.. well i went there because i was lookin for a pick up truck & was interested on the ranger.. I'll be gettin the 2.5 4X2 A/T trekker on september..My SA gave me a good deal, 1.080M - 40K coz i would be gettin it on cash basis.. Free tint, matting & LTO ..choosing between black or white
    Last edited by JPG111; August 17th, 2009 at 11:09 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    hi fellow tsikoters... gusto ko lang po buhayin ulit eto.. ano po ba ang pinagkaiba nila interms of

1. Fuel Consumption
    2. Maintenance
    3. Ride comfort
    4. Engine
    5. okey ba eto sa baha?
    6. Resale value
    7. Availability of parts/Accesories?
    8. Technology
    9. Aircon
    10. Alarm system? [sino kaya dito ung mainit sa mata ng carnapper?]
    11. Safety Features
    12. tatagal ba eto ng mga ilang taon?

bale everest ska montero po ung pinagpipilian. parehas din may appeal sa amin. need din kasi yung space pagdating sa business saka at gagamitin din pag may lakad.. nakakailang naman kung mga VAN pag mag isa lang saka mga occasion.. okey din naman yung mga ibang SUV kaso need din ung space.. gusto sana sante fe medyo gusto lang nila ung malaki space. thanks po in advance

nakuh ang dami ko nang tanong. baka walang magreply pasensiya na kasi 1st brand new car. nakakahinayang kung masasayang or mababalewala pinaghirapan.. waaaa anung pipiliin everest ba or montero?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    [SIZE=4]Maintenance Cost = Everest would be higher
    Ride Comfort = Mas comfy ang Montero
    Carnapper`s choice = Both yan, pero more on everest yan.
    Resale = Medyo equal
    Flooded Areas = Okay lang iyan pareho, almost same GC nyan eh
    Availability of Parts = Mas marami montero, mas mura pa
    FC = mas malakas ata everest
    [/SIZE]

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    [QUOTE=kalansay;1301243]hi fellow tsikoters... gusto ko lang po buhayin ulit eto.. ano po ba ang pinagkaiba nila interms of

1. Fuel Consumption- same lng
    2. Maintenance- madali lng mag maintain ng diesel, parehas lng
    3. Ride comfort- montero
    4. Engine- montero
    5. okey ba eto sa baha?-same
    6. Resale value- montero
    7. Availability of parts/Accesories?- madalas walang stock ng parts ang ford
    8. Technology- montero
    9. Aircon- everest, kilala ang mitsubishi na mahina sa aircon
    10. Alarm system? [sino kaya dito ung mainit sa mata ng carnapper?]- montero, everest sa tingin ko malamig sa mata lalo na sa buyers
    11. Safety Features- same lng
    12. tatagal ba eto ng mga ilang taon? sa tingin ko 1 to 2 years lng ang itatagal nyan lalo na pag dumating ung all new fortuner
    13. service centers- parehas na kokonti, pero mas ok ang mitsubishi kaysa ford. ang ford libis at makati lng ok

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    wow thanks sa nagreply.. may pang number #13 pang nadagdag.. sana po may mag reply pa... ung montero po eto na gls 2.5 4x2 ska ung everest na 2009.. thanx po ulit sana may magreply...

1. Fuel Consumption
    2. Maintenance
    3. Ride comfort
    4. Engine
    5. okey ba eto sa baha?
    6. Resale value
    7. Availability of parts/Accesories?
    8. Technology
    9. Aircon
    10. Alarm system? [sino kaya dito ung mainit sa mata ng carnapper?]
    11. Safety Features
    12. tatagal ba eto ng mga ilang taon?
    13. service center

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    [SIZE=4]Maintenance Cost = Everest would be higher
    Ride Comfort = Mas comfy ang Montero
    Carnapper`s choice = Both yan, pero more on everest yan.
    Resale = Medyo equal
    Flooded Areas = Okay lang iyan pareho, almost same GC nyan eh
    Availability of Parts = Mas marami montero, mas mura pa
    FC = mas malakas ata everest
    [/SIZE]
    Hmmm.

Actually, the peso/kilometer maintenance of the montero for the first 100,000 km is higher than that of the everest.

Comfort. The new bling mags on the everest is really not helping in this department. And the third row seats still has no headrests. way to go Ford.

Fuel Consumption: Should be the same. just make sure to compare the similar engines. It's pointless comparing the 2.5 liter montero to the 3.0 oil burner on the everest. or the 2.5 liter eve to the 3.2 liter montero.

Carnapper's choice... this is too subjective to be considered. but if we go by sales, montero ang lamang dito.

Resale... mas mababa malamang ang ford.

Availability of parts. Both vehicles are relatively "new" (the pickups they were based on were released roughly the same time), so this is more or less an equal affair. hindi automatic na dahil mitsu e mas available na ang parte para dito. Besides, the chassis of the everest is veritably the same with that of the 1999 ranger... or if you're really critical, then the 1st gen everest, so certain parts (i.e. the underchassis) would have been on the market for more than 10 years.

Technology... engine-wise wala silang pinagkaiba. The TDCi is based on the WLT engine, the DID is based on the 4D56. commonrail direct injected, turbo intercooled... the works. Sa suspension mas sophisticated ang montero, given the coils vs. torsion bars on the everest. sa interior goodies, grabe ang ICE package ng Ford, may GPS pang option. yun nga lang pwede ka naman pumunta sa aftermarket.

Aircon... hard to tell. nowadays parang same playing field na ang aircon ng mga manufacturers. di tulad dati

Tatagal ba eto ng mga ilang taon?... probably equal. ladder-on-frame chassis trucks are hard to break. ranger namin 10 years old na going strong parin.

Safety... Montero. Don't look at the airbags. look at the EuroNCAP crash test results.

Ranger (upon which the everest is based on).. 3 stars
    Strada (montero).. 4 stars.

Service center... Erm. what has brand got to do with dealership competency? Just make sure to get a reputable casa. Whether it's ford or mitsubishi, there are unscrupulous dealers out there. for ford, try ford libis, edsa or global city.

Hate to admit it pero parang failure yung ginawa ng ford sa facelift. They should have added more practical stuff like refining the transmission, adding headrests on the third row... If I were to choose, I'd rather have the MT versions of either vehicle, but am leaning towards the montero. if it were a 5 speed CVT on the montero wala na

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    the clincher: the montero and the strada has a more active club in the boards

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jozef_10 View Post
    the clincher: the montero and the strada has a more active club in the boards
    uh sir.

http://www.fordclubph.com/v3/home.php

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nOnOize View Post
    Since we're matching the two beasts for Offroading capabilities, I'd say the new Montero Sport may not overwhelm the Everest.

But, Everest against this old gen Montero Sport? I'd go for the old MS.

And say, against this MS' big bro (Pajero)? Forget about the Everest.
    Di ako sang ayon dyan. Meron akong pajero na gaya ng montero na nakapicture. Nag offroad ako gaya nong naka litrato nong umakyat ako ng tanay at maputik, na stock ako e at nong mai-switch ko na sa 4x4 halos di ako makaahon tindi pa ng usok. Biglang dumaan yong isang owner na jeep na naka 4 wheel naiwan pa ako. Kaya bininta ko na yong pajero na yon. Mausok pati.

Well, time na rin cguro na mag divert na ng american Car. Yong Eve 2009 yong new look tingin ko mas maganda kaysa Fort at Monte, sa lakas at tibay uhhmm malakas naman cguro. sobra nga lang sa saftey features at eninge performance it shows na mataas ang torque. Makabili nga ng masubukan.

MONTERO SPORT or FORD EVEREST