New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Tara na at pag usapan naman natin ang mga pagkakaiba sa dalawang mga "halimaw" na SUV na ito..

interior, exterior, engine, FC, maintenance, resale value, negative and positive comments, off-road performance (sa 4x4 models), comfort, safety...

parehas ko kasi idol tong mga to eh..

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Off road performance dito tol wala pa ako nakita na EVEREST sa bundok hindi siya pumatok dito sa thailand hehehehehhehe but for MS yup we have some friends na ginagamit sa bundok ang rig nila.

Interior and exterior mas gusto ko pa din ang MS but the EVEREST is macho at malaki hehehehehehhehe.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    imho.

Interiors = MS
    Exteriors = MS
    FC = Everest
    Maintenance = bit even
    Resale = bit even
    Offroad performance = Everest (subok na ito....)
    Comfort = MS
    Safety = slightly, MS

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    ano ba mas malaki sa dalawa? ano mas mataas ground clearance?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    although i chose the santa fe over these 2 (di naman kasi ako mag-off road, the "worst" i'd take it is to the beach) i had checked out both everest and MS before when i was on "dream mode", that was when i was still dreaming of getting one. hands down MS wins. here's why...

- everest is masikip ang 3rd row. i'm not just talking leg room, head room din masikip. sa MS the 2nd row is adjustable so the leg room can be remedied. head room is also better on MS.

- ang di ko maintindihan, tagal na nga everest sa market pero hangang ngayon wala pa din head rest ang 2nd and 3rd row seats. why??? everest 2nd and 3rd row seats are also very uncomfortable kasi wala support sa shoulders, parang nakaupo ka sa bench na yung sandalan e kapos.

- MS has "softened coil springs" for rear suspension (they must have read the tsikot thread on the bumpy fortuner hahaha!) while everest has leaf springs. unless you plan to load 10 sacks of rice at the back the MS is way better hands down. (but after riding on the santa fe, both of these 2 were cancelled out from my list. passenger comfort ranks #1 on my check list since i have small kids)

- everest has an ugly face, the MS has an ugly butt. so it depends on you whether you like it missionary or doggy.

- everest is wider a bit but you still will not be able to fit 4 adults in the 2nd row seats of the everest. so this is not a plus, tabla sila.

- engine, parehas lang sila. subok na ang engine ng MS (from pajero) but so is the engine of the everest (from the ranger).
    Last edited by yebo; December 21st, 2008 at 11:29 AM.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    - everest has an ugly face, the MS has an ugly butt. so it depends on you whether you like it missionary or doggy.
    lol :rofl:

MS for me. i admit i became an everest fan before. but ms has more attractive styling exterior and interior. it has the combination of ruggedness and versatility at the same time. and i heard (and think) that ms should have more comfortable ride because of coil springs. though everest's leaf springs should be more stronger in the long run. and everest's third row seats rides bumpy daw. pero you can't go wrong with both

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Both trucks are great but it seems that the MS would win in comfort, styling and interior.

One thing I can say though for the everest, it's just so damn reliable. No out-of-the box problems with my truck whatsoever. I just had to change all the shocks to Procomps for a mere 17k and the ride comfort might approximate or even beat the MS.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Sir for me everest... in terms of engine power and off road capability everest you can rely on it has a highest horsepower in its class including fortuner and MS.. id not prefer kc sa looks na futuristics kc pag dumami cla sa kalsada wow damn nakakasawa na in a matter of months,, unlike the boxy looks of everest even after 5 years of owning it hindi siya nakakasawa dahil flexible ang exterior kahit tumanda kna at dalhin mo to sa province for relaxation or turn over it to your son...and in terms of FC it reach 12km per liter on highway driving and 10km per liter on city or traffic driving,awsome FC unlike other gagguzzler JAP SUV's,.. on its power plant sobrang lakas nito humatak dahil sa class leading torque nitong 380 Nm na only navara can beat because it has 420Nm of torque..
    id remenber na ngreverse mode ako ng almost 30 meters and 30 degress incline wow sisiw na sisiw sa everest even in not 4X4 mode,its suspension is leap spring its bacause it is more preferable on though condition of the road ,wherever you want to bring this beast,it will never pull you down and its groud braking safety including four airbag in (4X4 version) dual front airbag, and two side airbag for elbow support..and it has also an LSD (Limited Slip Differential) to aviod slipped on the muddy tracks on off road driving...

what colud you ask for....on having a powerful,reliable,safest and capable offroad BEAST SUV

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    OT: what a comparison...

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    i will go for the Montero Sport...

...and i'm very sure dadami ang posts sa thread dito once the MS 4x2 will be on sale... hehehe...

Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast
MONTERO SPORT or FORD EVEREST