New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Agree with this. The Highline is a better buy. Ang tanong, may Highline pa ba? Yung Business Ed alam ko ilang months nang phased out.

The 2.0 in the Jetta accelerates quicker to 100 kph (~9.5 sec) than the 1.8 in the Civic (~10.5 sec). In practice, it feels even faster than that because of the Jetta's torque. Since most people drive at low revs (2-3k rpm) which is where the Jetta's power is (just like all diesels), it feels more powerful. The Civic won't bury you in your seat because it's not as torquey, but it picks up pace quickly especially if you're willing to drive it above 5000 rpm.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    VW Pampanga has three units left for the Highline Jetta sabi ng agent kanina, baka po may makabasang naghahanap hehe.

Sent from my H8266 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Nakakatakot naman kase bumili pa ng Jetta.

So Jetta owners, anong feeling ng ma phased completely yung Jetta line?

Like if you need a new bumper or side mirror, gano kaya katagal bago dumating?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post
    Nakakatakot naman kase bumili pa ng Jetta.

So Jetta owners, anong feeling ng ma phased completely yung Jetta line?

Like if you need a new bumper or side mirror, gano kaya katagal bago dumating?
    This is my biggest concern actually.

No more highline, and hindi na rin ata ako pwede magdagdag. Sagad na yun presyo nun base model civic. Hanggang dun lang ata talaga. I can actually live without the added features. Nice to have but not necessary.

Still on the fence. Safety rin primary consideration ko talaga since hatid sundo ng kids. Reliability and service next kasi safe car nga, matagal naman garahe kasi walang parts so big concern din yun.

Both cars seem to be great, so nakakabaliw. Blessing na lang din siguro na kahit anong piliin, di naman magkakamali talaga.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    2 lang kase airbags ng Civic E and walang Honda Sensing, otherwise sobrang bang for the buck hehe. Side and side curtains really help kase lalo na pag na T-bone ka. Though wala ako actual experience (thankfully) pero based sa crash tests kase it can be a matter of life and death.

Yung Vitara owners kase madami na ako nababasang remorse, a simple side mirror as in yung salamin lang takes 3 months to arrive pa haha.

Partida current model pa yun. Unless sobrang ganda after sales ng VW PH pala

Nag start na din ako ng thread before ng Jazz RS (6 or 7 airbags vs Civic E). Most answered the Civic...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by olats View Post
    This is my biggest concern actually.

No more highline, and hindi na rin ata ako pwede magdagdag. Sagad na yun presyo nun base model civic. Hanggang dun lang ata talaga. I can actually live without the added features. Nice to have but not necessary.

Still on the fence. Safety rin primary consideration ko talaga since hatid sundo ng kids. Reliability and service next kasi safe car nga, matagal naman garahe kasi walang parts so big concern din yun.

Both cars seem to be great, so nakakabaliw. Blessing na lang din siguro na kahit anong piliin, di naman magkakamali talaga.

On fuel alone, you save approx 2k per month with the Jetta than the Civic. Not to mention the peppier nature of the diesel in citt driving.

Now weigh that against the certainty that the Civic will have better parts availability and ease of maintenance in the long run.

It really depends on what you value more.

On maintenance, I average around 3k pesos per PMS every 10,000 km. Except the 40,000 km PMS which included replacement of all fluids including CVT fluid - total was 15k.

VW maintenance comes in fewer intervals (every 15,000 km), but PMS is around 7k if I'm not mistaken.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    On fuel alone, you save approx 2k per month with the Jetta than the Civic. Not to mention the peppier nature of the diesel in citt driving.

Now weigh that against the certainty that the Civic will have better parts availability and ease of maintenance in the long run.

It really depends on what you value more.

On maintenance, I average around 3k pesos per PMS every 10,000 km. Except the 40,000 km PMS which included replacement of all fluids including CVT fluid - total was 15k.

VW maintenance comes in fewer intervals (every 15,000 km), but PMS is around 7k if I'm not mistaken.

Talaga? I average 8 to 10k having my hrv serviced every 6 months. Iniintay ko lang matapos warranty, then I'll have it done outside na. Patanggal ko nga lahat nun ibang extras baka ganiyan na rin mapababa yun akin. Buti na lang sagot ng company ang pms for the next 5 years. Hehe.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Talaga? I average 8 to 10k having my hrv serviced every 6 months. Iniintay ko lang matapos warranty, then I'll have it done outside na. Patanggal ko nga lahat nun ibang extras baka ganiyan na rin mapababa yun akin. Buti na lang sagot ng company ang pms for the next 5 years. Hehe.

You can always have items removed from your PMS. Lagi ko pinapatanggal yung unnecessary stuff. Just follow what the manual requires.

I also get free PMS and fuel but that I still try to be frugal about my spending.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    If puro city/traffic driving, go with the Civic. I learned from the FB Jetta page, The jetta needs highway and spirited driving from time to time due to the DPF.
    Either car, di ka na talo. Medyo lamang lang sa safety Jetta which is your priority. On the maintenance, P9k for the 1st 15k km PMS yata. Volkswagen after sales is much much better than Mitsubishi (medyo may premium din treatment ng VW). Yan pa lang brands na yan ang naexperience ko as a brand new owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Wife votes for Jetta so mukhang yun na. Problema na lang mukhang wala na talaga. Thanks guys.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Wife votes for Jetta so mukhang yun na. Problema na lang mukhang wala na talaga. Thanks guys.

Kung wala na Jetta, ask the dealer for the Golf GTS wagon. It’s the same platform, engine, and tranny. It is a bit expensive though but it looks more beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast