The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^* Why not a Mazda3 instead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Kung base model, comfortline vs 1.8E, Civic wins. But in my case, ang kinuha ko jetta Highline. The engine, fender sound system, mags, 15k km PMS, and more premium-feel interior (exterior, Civic hands down, pero mas madalas ako sa loob e) swayed me to VW. Bahala na lang si Lord sa spare parts... but the 2.0TDI engine, oh my, I don’t think aabot 1.8E. Although, Civic lovers may think/feel otherwise [emoji16]

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    ^^* Why not a Mazda3 instead?

Haven't driven the Mazda, but ano advantage over the Civic? Hanggang base model lang ako pwede.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GLSTrend View Post
    Kung base model, comfortline vs 1.8E, Civic wins. But in my case, ang kinuha ko jetta Highline. The engine, fender sound system, mags, 15k km PMS, and more premium-feel interior (exterior, Civic hands down, pero mas madalas ako sa loob e) swayed me to VW. Bahala na lang si Lord sa spare parts... but the 2.0TDI engine, oh my, I don’t think aabot 1.8E. Although, Civic lovers may think/feel otherwise [emoji16]

Yes, base model only kasi yun lang available. Other than the sound system and interior accessories, what else ang difference? More concerned about added safety/performance features actually.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006

That 2.0L TDI engines produces torque almost twice than the Honda 1.8L (170Nm vs 320Nm). It even trumps the Honda 1.5L turbo (230Nm). However, the Civic platform is lighter, maybe by more than 100kg.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by olats View Post
    Haven't driven the Mazda, but ano advantage over the Civic? Hanggang base model lang ako pwede.

If considering base models, the Civic 1.8L has more to offer than the Mazda3 1.5L.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Got the same Jetta vs Civic decision back in December. #1 priority, safety, because I have kids.

I chose the Jetta because it has side and curtain airbags.

Other safety features:

Jetta (all variants)
    1. Electronic Stabilisation Program (ESP) with Anti Slip Regulation (ASR)
    2. Electronic Differential Lock (EDL) with XDS
    3. Engine Drag Torque Control (MSR)
    4. Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) with Brake Assistant
    5. Hill start assist

Civic 1.8E
    1. Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA)
    2. Auto Brake Holds
    3. Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kebloks View Post
    Got the same Jetta vs Civic decision back in December. #1 priority, safety, because I have kids.

I chose the Jetta because it has side and curtain airbags.

Other safety features:

Jetta (all variants)
    1. Electronic Stabilisation Program (ESP) with Anti Slip Regulation (ASR)
    2. Electronic Differential Lock (EDL) with XDS
    3. Engine Drag Torque Control (MSR)
    4. Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) with Brake Assistant
    5. Hill start assist

Civic 1.8E
    1. Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA)
    2. Auto Brake Holds
    3. Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
    Meron din Hill Start Assist yung Civic. Yung ABS ng Civic is also with EBD (Electronic Brake force Distribution).

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by olats View Post
    Yes, I do like the way the Civic looks. Parang more spacious pa. I have an hrv, and if in not mistaken, parehas ng engine and tranny with the Civic 1.8E. Fuel consumption talaga advantage nun Jetta. Possibly, the safety features too? Body wise malamang lamang din VW kasi Asian cars latang lata sa nipis?

With regard to maintenance, car plan so company ang may sagot for the next 5 years. So I take care of my cars naman, and resale value is not much of a consideration. I'm maintaining a 20 year old bmw now, and wala pako balak dispose until it's too expensive to maintain na. Sirain na kumbaga. So reliability ang true concern. Honda Civic? Naabuso namin yun dati. Halos parang 4x4 sa naranasan kasi nalusong ko na sa mataas na baha at parang off road sa bundok (erpats ko ang grabe umabuso ng sasakyan kaya alam ko ang sakit ng ulo kapag di ka matuto mag alaga).

Experience ko lang with VW, yun Polo. Wife used to drive one. Sakit sa ulo kasi di talaga kaya nun cooling system init satin. Yun, sandali lang din tinagal.

Civic, tried and tested ko na dati, at di naman nalayo sa HRV ko that I've owned and loved for the past 2 years. Jetta? Baka lang masubukan ang iba.

Salamat sa mga inputs mga sir.

Looks like you're sold on the Jetta, so just go get a Jetta. It's a good car. Though if you're allowed to add on top of your car plan, go get the Highline - the additional 100k is worth the upgrades.

The question is - may Jetta ka pa bang makukuha? VW has begun phasing out the Jetta to be replaced by the older, more boring, gas-fed Lavida. If you really want a Jetta, go quickly and reserve a unit now.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006

Agree with this. The Highline is a better buy. Ang tanong, may Highline pa ba? Yung Business Ed alam ko ilang months nang phased out.

The 2.0 in the Jetta accelerates quicker to 100 kph (~9.5 sec) than the 1.8 in the Civic (~10.5 sec). In practice, it feels even faster than that because of the Jetta's torque. Since most people drive at low revs (2-3k rpm) which is where the Jetta's power is (just like all diesels), it feels more powerful. The Civic won't bury you in your seat because it's not as torquey, but it picks up pace quickly especially if you're willing to drive it above 5000 rpm.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast