New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Kung wala na Jetta, ask the dealer for the Golf GTS wagon. It’s the same platform, engine, and tranny. It is a bit expensive though but it looks more beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yan talaga ang gusto ko rin kaso hindi pwede under the company policy e.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Get the Altis na lang?

Exterior looks decent but the interior is outdated (them tall shifter and dat digital clock plus the dirt magnet interior) and it's for lolos but hey, complete airbags even the base model.

2.0V if kaya hehe.

The new Corolla looks nice though.

New tranny (1st gear for launching and CVT for the rest, cool beans) and the updated 2.0L engine is quite powerful.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post
    Get the Altis na lang?

Exterior looks decent but the interior is outdated (them tall shifter and dat digital clock plus the dirt magnet interior) and it's for lolos but hey, complete airbags even the base model.

2.0V if kaya hehe.

The new Corolla looks nice though.

New tranny (1st gear for launching and CVT for the rest, cool beans) and the updated 2.0L engine is quite powerful.
    I feel sad for that Toyota Altis 2.0V. The engine on that Altis 2.0V is rated around the same as the 1.8L engine of then Civic. The Altis is heavier and the platform is not as athletic. With its price, it would be better to aim for the Civic 1.5L turbo or the Mazda3 2.0L. If performance is a key concern for a limited budget, the Focus 1.5L Ecoboost 6AT is a good option.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    1.1M nga lang limit ng budget so hindi pwede Altis 2.0V, Mazda 3 2.0R, at Golf GTS. Jetta Base model v Civic base model

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Practical me says the Civic is the way to go here.

OT: don't they also make the Jetta in China?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I feel sad for that Toyota Altis 2.0V. The engine on that Altis 2.0V is rated around the same as the 1.8L engine of then Civic. The Altis is heavier and the platform is not as athletic. With its price, it would be better to aim for the Civic 1.5L turbo or the Mazda3 2.0L. If performance is a key concern for a limited budget, the Focus 1.5L Ecoboost 6AT is a good option.

maybe this will translate to "mas matibay".

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlee View Post
    Practical me says the Civic is the way to go here.

OT: don't they also make the Jetta in China?
    Maybe but they choose to bring the older Lavida here.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Maybe but they choose to bring the older Lavida here.

Parang Mexico ata. Pero the way it looks, kapareho lang ata nun Lavida. Diesel lang yun Jetta na kukunin ko.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by olats View Post
    Parang Mexico ata. Pero the way it looks, kapareho lang ata nun Lavida. Diesel lang yun Jetta na kukunin ko.

The China-made Lavida is actually an older car than the Mexico-made Jetta.

The Lavida has been sold in China since 2012. It's based on the A4 platform which is the same as the 1999 (!) Jetta. Yup, it's that backward of a car.

The 2011 Mk 6 Jetta currently sold here is based on the A6 platform, so it's technically 2 generations ahead of the Lavida that replaces it.

What's worse - there's a new 2018 Jetta and 2018 Lavida (both using the latest MQB platform) yet we're not getting either of them.

At least with the Civic, you're getting the latest model available globally.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Yeah, what I like with the recent Honda models, the exterior looks the same globally. You can easily interact and relate with others online, globally.

Some changes lang under the hood, like in the EU they get the 1.6L diesel.

Anyway, congrats in advance on your new Jetta.

The MK6 has that classy VW/Audi look and it will age well.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast