New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The 2016 Jetta 1.4T is a much better than the Lavida 1.4T. I would even say that our 2016 Jetta 1.6L TDI offers more than the Lavida.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Lavida has flimsy interiors. Its a chinese car masquerading as a euro car.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Maybe but they choose to bring the older Lavida here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's just so unfortunate for the Philippines. I know I read somewhere the Jetta was also made in China. Oh well.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The China-made Lavida is actually an older car than the Mexico-made Jetta.

The Lavida has been sold in China since 2012. It's based on the A4 platform which is the same as the 1999 (!) Jetta. Yup, it's that backward of a car.

The 2011 Mk 6 Jetta currently sold here is based on the A6 platform, so it's technically 2 generations ahead of the Lavida that replaces it.

What's worse - there's a new 2018 Jetta and 2018 Lavida (both using the latest MQB platform) yet we're not getting either of them.

At least with the Civic, you're getting the latest model available globally.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Another reason to get the civic. I wonder why we're not getting the new MQB platformed Lavida? Lots of old inventory?

But I see TS has already made the decision to get the outgoing Jetta. Congratulations and enjoy.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Lavida has flimsy interiors. Its a chinese car masquerading as a euro car.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk
    Agree with you sir. VW Philippines is shortchanging the Phil. market, IMO.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlee View Post
    That's just so unfortunate for the Philippines. I know I read somewhere the Jetta was also made in China. Oh well.
    The Jetta is Made in Mexico. The reason why VW decided to bring in the China made Lavida here is to reduce the import/ shipping charges.

The Indian made Polo was also replaced with the China made Santana for the same reason (although I think hindi na dapat pinalitan ang Polo, dahil sa Asian country din naman galing.)

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chon961 View Post
    The Jetta is Made in Mexico. The reason why VW decided to bring in the China made Lavida here is to reduce the import/ shipping charges.

The Indian made Polo was also replaced with the China made Santana for the same reason (although I think hindi na dapat pinalitan ang Polo, dahil sa Asian country din naman galing.)
    Agree. Yun polo, baka mas mahal kung sakali after applying TRAIN. Kasi yun Lavida and Jetta, magkapresyo so I'm guessing mas mahal na talaga dapat ang Jetta.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Kung ang budget mo 1.1M, tignan niyo na din yung Ford Focus 1.5L Ecoboost, yung base model nila.

Naka turbo na - 180HP/240Nm, leather seats, etc, daming pang discounts. SOBRANG SULIT.
    Got one a year ago, sarap idrive, sobrang tulin.
    Minsan di ko namamalayan 100km/h na pala ako, akala ko nasa 70km/h pa, tahimik siya pag mabilis.
    Inalis na nila yung super problematic DCT from the previous model, normal 6 speed torque converter na ang transmission nito ngayon.
    No issues so far except for the usual scraping nung front skirts paminsan.

Fuel consumption is not that bad. Been getting 7.8km/L in an avg speed of 19km/h. City driving yan with a little bit of full throttle. I believe more than 8km/L is achievable kaso tempting magpabilis.

And if you care about 0-100 times, its around 8.1 to 8.4 seconds.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Kung ang budget mo 1.1M, tignan niyo na din yung Ford Focus 1.5L Ecoboost, yung base model nila.

Naka turbo na - 180HP/240Nm, leather seats, etc, daming pang discounts. SOBRANG SULIT.
    Got one a year ago, sarap idrive, sobrang tulin.
    Minsan di ko namamalayan 100km/h na pala ako, akala ko nasa 70km/h pa, tahimik siya pag mabilis.
    Inalis na nila yung super problematic DCT from the previous model, normal 6 speed torque converter na ang transmission nito ngayon.
    No issues so far except for the usual scraping nung front skirts paminsan.

Fuel consumption is not that bad. Been getting 7.8km/L in an avg speed of 19km/h. City driving yan with a little bit of full throttle. I believe more than 8km/L is achievable kaso tempting magpabilis.

And if you care about 0-100 times, its around 8.1 to 8.4 seconds.

No question on the capabilities of the Focus Ecoboost but sadly, the unreliability of the DCT model has impacted the sales of this 6AT model.

That's good that you are getting 7+ km/L per liter which is decent for an engine of that output. My friend who owns the hatchback model is only getting between 6-7 km/L on Sucat-MOA traffic.

Medyo mababa talaga road clearance ng Ford cars (Fiesta, Focus). Sayad yung chin minsan sa mga humps or inclined parking.

For 1.08M, you can get the base model hatchback or sedan and you can get one quick car despite being heavy for a compact. Actual 0-100 kmh as per most reviews is just above 8 seconds which is about the same as the Mazda3 2.0L and other midsize cars (Accord 2.4L, Mazda6 2.5L).

10. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by chon961 View Post

FAW-Volkswagen is the joint venture between VW Germany and First Automobile Group of China to produce VW vehicles in China. Its lineup includes the Jetta. Question is, if FAW-VW still produces the Jetta, why didn't VW Philippines just import that instead of phasing it out here?

From their website -- 关于一汽-大众

"FAW-Volkswagen Automotive Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as FAW-Volkswagen) was established on February 6, 1991. It is invested by China First Automobile Group Co., Ltd., Volkswagen AG, Audi Automobile Co., and Volkswagen (China). The large-scale passenger car enterprise jointly operated by the company is the first modern passenger car enterprise built in China on the basis of economic scale."

"From the original brand of a factory, to the current Audi and Volkswagen brands covering the 14 series of A, B and C products, FAW-Volkswagen has become the largest car company in the Chinese car industry. one.

In December 1991, the first product, Jetta, came out;"

Another website -- Volkswagen Group China FAW-Volkswagen

From one product and one brand at the time of its founding, FAW-Volkswagen has now developed 10 major product series under the Audi and Volkswagen brands: Audi A6L, Audi Q5, Audi A4L, Audi Q3, Magotan, CC, Satigar, Bora, Golf and Jetta.

Another website -- Volkswagen Jetta Sportline launched on the Chinese auto market - CarNewsChina.com

"The new Volkswagen Jetta Sportline has been launched on the Chinese auto market, priced at 134.800 yuan. The Jetta Sportline is a sporty variant of the China-only Volkswagen Jetta sedan. The Sportline comes with a racy body kit, a sporty black upper grille, a sporty black lower grille, a subtle spoiler at the back, speedy multispoke alloys, and some sporty stitching inside."

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast